Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What is the purpose of group exp penalty?

Again, would be extremely easy to abuse, could multilog level 5 toons to 220 for it barely taking more time than 1 toon
I don't see this as abusive so much as much more convenient than spending months lixing each toon. I'm one of those that doesn't care for leveling but would be more apt to level more toons if it wasn't so redundantly boring to mindlessly click buttons for months on the same mobs over and over again.

Celtic heroes has one of the most boring leveling set ups compared to so many mmorpgs.
Yeah i agree levelling is absolutely terrible.. no quests past 150ish and pretty much half the XP quests 90-150 you just repeat over and over.. then 2 hours a level late game killing the same path/room and spending lots of resources isnt fun at all. The horrendous levelling discourages a lot of new people especially once they get to 200. The horrendous levelling is what makes many new players quit from my experience.
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Again, would be extremely easy to abuse, could multilog level 5 toons to 220 for it barely taking more time than 1 toon
I don't see this as abusive so much as much more convenient than spending months lixing each toon. I'm one of those that doesn't care for leveling but would be more apt to level more toons if it wasn't so redundantly boring to mindlessly click buttons for months on the same mobs over and over again.

Celtic heroes has one of the most boring leveling set ups compared to so many mmorpgs.
Yeah i agree levelling is absolutely terrible.. no quests past 150ish and pretty much half the XP quests 90-150 you just repeat over and over.. then 2 hours a level late game killing the same path/room and spending lots of resources isnt fun at all. The horrendous levelling discourages a lot of new people especially once they get to 200. The horrendous levelling is what makes many new players quit from my experience.
Hence the reasoning for my proposal. Doesn’t require any big changes such as changing the amount of exp each mob in the game drops or reducing the amount of exp needed per level... Just requires simply removing the whole bonus thing. It will pretty much revamp how leveling works in a complete positive way and reaching endgame will be so much more enjoyable.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

No, it would ruin the game. Endgame level would become a joke, I'm sure a lot of people would quit. Don't you see how many people are already against this in this post? This would also mean less resources needed for leveling, so less platinum has to be bought. Since the game revolves around platinum, VR can't keep the game running without people buying platinum, VR wouldn't be able to keep up and the game would die off.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

No, it would ruin the game. Endgame level would become a joke, I'm sure a lot of people would quit. Don't you see how many people are already against this in this post? This would also mean less resources needed for leveling, so less platinum has to be bought. Since the game revolves around platinum, VR can't keep the game running without people buying platinum, VR wouldn't be able to keep up and the game would die off.
The above is completely right and has been stated many many times. Can we all let this topic die now?
220 Druid SupremeDruid

This is a super dramatic post lmao.

“Endgame would become a joke”... idk when the last time you leveled was but leveling is obviously the biggest joke of all in this game. You act like this change would change the speed of leveling so much that you could reach endgame in a week of casual play (2-3 hours a day)... no, just no lol. If OTM was sooo worried about people spending money to reach endgame then they wouldn’t have added the OP repeatable quests lmao (which are faaaaaaaar more op than this simple change... why don’t you go complain about those?)

“This would also mean less resources needed for leveling, so less platinum has to be bought”... again, quests already do this lol. Plus players are much much more likely to buy plat as an endgame player than when they’re some low level noob. Leveling gives little to no incentive when it comes to spending money, especially with the quests. Just because it takes more resources doesn’t mean people spend money to get it, as exps are extremely easy to buy at a cheap price (some servers price them at 3k each).

I’m currently making a mage and I’ve gotten it to leveling 85 by simply questing. I’ve used one lix to get from 42-50 because the shalemont quest line has a huge jump in levels and I didn’t have time to grind out 8 levels. I can easily get to 140 or so without using another lix because of quests, and with all the gold I made I can just buy the exps to go from 140ish to 180 without spending any money. At 180 you just do blossoms to reach 200 in no time. At level 201 you’re slapped with a barrier so high that it makes trump jealous, because that’s where the grind begins. Going from 201-220 (more specifically 215-220) was the worst experience I’ve ever had in this game because of how long it took. It took me 6 1/2 years to find the will to reach endgame.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The above is completely right and has been stated many many times. Can we all let this topic die now?
You mean it would ruin the monotonous button pushing for months and months to get to end game? It wouldn't ruin end game. End game is essentially camping and killing a few raid bosses.

CH is one of the few games that is reliant on plat items for bossing and leveling. Other MMORPGs have been around just as long as CH (and thriving well) without having in app purchases that are necessary for leveling or bossing.

The plat purchases could be reworked easily so that they were more desirable to purchase than they are now.

Far more players quit before getting to end game because of the grind than make it to end game. What this game has that's better than most is connection with other players. And the chat function is really good in this game.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

You mean it would ruin the monotonous button pushing for months and months to get to end game? It wouldn't ruin end game. End game is essentially camping and killing a few raid bosses.

CH is one of the few games that is reliant on plat items for bossing and leveling. Other MMORPGs have been around just as long as CH (and thriving well) without having in app purchases that are necessary for leveling or bossing.

The plat purchases could be reworked easily so that they were more desirable to purchase than they are now.

Far more players quit before getting to end game because of the grind than make it to end game. What this game has that's better than most is connection with other players. And the chat function is really good in this game.
Let’s not forget the increasing numbers required at raids now
Hi

The gap between new players and Veteran players is wide and varied. I leveled a Druid..and it was by far the worst grind I have ever done in my 20 plus yrs of gaming and I used exp elixirs by the fist full and soloed. That Druid was grouped less than 10 times for leveling. That being said I am so glad I stayed with it.

I don’t know how VR will address this, but I really believe they should.

As a new player (still under a year) there are a few things that frustrate me. Buff duration being one of the biggest. Poison weapon is the bane of my ss. Quality of game life and new player vs vet gap needs attention. I am ready for end game but can not do it because on my server you have one option at the moment to kill Gele and Bt. One. Maybe figure out a way to give little guilds a leg to stand on. Or Vr log in and help me kill Gele and Bt...np. I looked at moving servers, but the grind...stopped me. Options please.

Are there any plans to address it?
Dual spec
Increase buff timers and change to group buffs
/anon /afk commands
Revamp the skill system
Group leader / group commands
Add more premium items
Please.