Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Contest Prizing!

I don’t think you know how the high end economy works lol. If there was one set of white lanrik on your world, and another was added in it would definitely not halve the value. The price wouldn’t change at all if anything. I once got an Aeon 100% stormskimmer and there was only one other skimmer on Belenus and she’s inactive but still logs every now and then. When I was trying to sell it people didn’t care about the other stormskimmer because A. She would never sell it and B. They most likely will never come across the opportunity to buy one in a very long time. I was getting 5m offers in gold and items lol

Even if there was 2, 3 or 5 sets... the value wouldn’t change at all. Same could be said about black lanrik which in my opinion is just as rare as white. Same thing with hunter or frostguard, there’s already so many sets on each world (not including android or Nuada) that adding in one more won’t be noticeable at all.
It would hurt the price, probably by at least 10%, wouldnt be suprised if it was 25%. Theres a huge difference between the only one of something, and two of something. And if one of those owners decides to sell it, and cant, and desperately trys to sell it for low, guess what? Your price falls too as an effect of that. Yes, you can fool people into thinking its worth the same by saying no sell, but you can only keep that charade on for so long before someone wants to cash out. And with people saying OHHHH BRING THIS BACK, BRING THAT BACK, itll probably happen again, and again... and again if you allow it. Thats why I tried to stop this stupid chase at legacy, but no one wanted to listen. Not my fault if you crash your own market, just remember that.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I don’t think you know how the high end economy works lol. If there was one set of white lanrik on your world, and another was added in it would definitely not halve the value. The price wouldn’t change at all if anything. I once got an Aeon 100% stormskimmer and there was only one other skimmer on Belenus and she’s inactive but still logs every now and then. When I was trying to sell it people didn’t care about the other stormskimmer because A. She would never sell it and B. They most likely will never come across the opportunity to buy one in a very long time. I was getting 5m offers in gold and items lol

Even if there was 2, 3 or 5 sets... the value wouldn’t change at all. Same could be said about black lanrik which in my opinion is just as rare as white. Same thing with hunter or frostguard, there’s already so many sets on each world (not including android or Nuada) that adding in one more won’t be noticeable at all.
It would hurt the price, probably by at least 10%, wouldnt be suprised if it was 25%. Theres a huge difference between the only one of something, and two of something. And if one of those owners decides to sell it, and cant, and desperately trys to sell it for low, guess what? Your price falls too as an effect of that. Yes, you can fool people into thinking its worth the same by saying no sell, but you can only keep that charade on for so long before someone wants to cash out. And with people saying OHHHH BRING THIS BACK, BRING THAT BACK, itll probably happen again, and again... and again if you allow it. Thats why I tried to stop this stupid chase at legacy, but no one wanted to listen. Not my fault if you crash your own market, just remember that.
Each server is different. I've played on a few different servers and on those servers the value of an item is based on what the same item sold for previously. So if you have 1 set of white Lanrik and it sells for 5 mil and another white set shows up, it would sell for 5 mil (assuming the potential buyers would be willing to spend that much). It wouldn't drop in price simply because there isn't just 1 set anymore.

There also seems to be less collectors than there used to be. This means people are buying not because of the rarity but because they like the item. So we have fewer caring if an item holds a value and fewer that are willing to pay for the up marketed prices merchants like to charge.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Each server is different. I've played on a few different servers and on those servers the value of an item is based on what the same item sold for previously. So if you have 1 set of white Lanrik and it sells for 5 mil and another white set shows up, it would sell for 5 mil (assuming the potential buyers would be willing to spend that much). It wouldn't drop in price simply because there isn't just 1 set anymore.

There also seems to be less collectors than there used to be. This means people are buying not because of the rarity but because they like the item. So we have fewer caring if an item holds a value and fewer that are willing to pay for the up marketed prices merchants like to charge.
And some like me dont care what it sold for or how many there are. There could be 10 sets of it and id still pay 10m for one

Only people buying white/black lanrik sets are the ones who have more gold than they know what to do with and can easily get back to whatever amount they spent, and that’s only if any ever get thrown into the market which is very unlikely. Getting fash from a competition is more valuable and rewarding then spending a few million of inflated gold.

Competition prizes should be purely cosmetic as they always have been (again, besides the Phoenix mount). And who tf wants token fash? Lol
I can and would pay many millions for it and it would still make me angry, I can make the gold back yes but it’s hardly the point. Full White lanrik is so rare as to be likely unique on most servers. If you were that person owning it, why would you want the specialness of it halved by some nab running round In it? If they did choose to do it it should have the ‘competition winner’ branding on the description. Or something to distinguish it from the original anyway

And ooooo idk, suggesting anyone who entered the competitions to win enchanted teal/mauve faewynd or shaman might be interested perhaps? Or are we just forgetting those contests .. lol. Because the sets aren’t unique colors yes they should be in a package with other prizes too, but people would still want them.

I know exactly how the high end economy works on my server. I probably spend more on rare fashion than anyone else on Lugh than anyone who isn’t a merchant. There is a finite number of people who could afford the hypothetical white lanrik on my server. Example: blue with 3/5 effect was 4.5 million. 4/5 sunbound white ardmair cost around 9 mill all things considered. Why do people spend so much on fashion? Because they want a beautiful fashion set, but they pay a lot because it is one or two of a kind. If you think a set where there are 5 on the server commands the same price as where there is a single set, it’s you who doesn’t understand the economy. If I bought the only white lanrik set and then spotted someone running around in one they won in a contest, it would be halved in value to me. Not monetarily perhaps (although it would take a dent) but in terms of no longer being the special item I paid for.
And I understand the same works for mounts having pulled a 100% Aeon fellspine from chests. I was offered 10 million for it and I know for a fact other 100% mounts, even original, don’t pull that kind of price if there’s more than one.
What we can deduce from this is all servers are different and we are all entitled to our opinion..
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

Thanks for all the feedback. We'll probably go with something similar to B for now. It seems like the safest bet.
I +1 dragon egg but no chests both together would be a lot
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Op killer lvl 221 rogue

Legacyte 220 tank

Withered tree 215 druid

Azraell 181 locker ranger

What about best of both world by doing option B in addition to adding an older collected items. Something everyone who played during the older events had a chance of earning if they had put in the effort to do so. For example black party hats, witch hats, and lugh masks! Show android servers some love for being invited so late to the game!
Balor
The CatsPajamas - Mage 220

:)

What about best of both world by doing option B in addition to adding an older collected items. Something everyone who played during the older events had a chance of earning if they had put in the effort to do so. For example black party hats, witch hats, and lugh masks! Show android servers some love for being invited so late to the game!
Wouldnt be a good idea. We worked hard for those hats because we knew that we wouldnt be able to get em again. Android only giveaways of this stuff? Thats fine. But no new ultra expensive items unless you wanna break their prices.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

As a huge fashion fan and collector, even I would say no to white and black lanrik being a prize. As much as I would sell a kidney for white lanrik I can only imagine how angry I would be if I had it (and paid many many millions for it) only for it to be given away as a competition prize.

Dragon eggs, gold, lixes, rare jewellery like reapers, rare but not unique mounts like 85-95% unicorns, chests, or old chests would be preferable. Or white effect sets of less covetable/rare fashion like token fashion would still draw interest in my opinion.
How are dragon eggs any different from fashion in this situation?? People have spent millions in game for them and have spent hundreds or even thousands to get them just like rare fashion sets. ”Sorry we know you spent 2k usd to get a max dragon but were just going to give 1/6th worth of that to someone who won a competition”. That doesn’t sound ridiculous to you?
#Don’tfixclasses

220 ranger
177+ druid
Belenus - Elementals

No. I have a max dragon and I would still not mind since they are still available to anyone (provided they have the plat or gold) and not very rare at all. We usually have 3 in our lock group alone on what Is a comparatively small server. They aren’t comparable to white lanrik lol.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017