Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: No update until unity... OTM very poor show.

Otm is gone. VR now :)
And we're updating Unity! :D
In another thread getting rid of the 220 lock penalty for some bosses was mentioned. Can that be done without/before the unity update?
If it requires a client update, no. From later responses that seems to be the case for this, so it won't be done.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Any word on chest drop rates being publiished? Since some have said apple requires it.
I didn't think this was true, so I looked through Apple's App Store Review Guidelines:

Source: App Store Review Guidelines
Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.
It's true.

VR should be fine though until their next content release.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Any word on chest drop rates being publiished? Since some have said apple requires it.
I didn't think this was true, so I looked through Apple's App Store Review Guidelines:

Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.
It's true.

I don’t understand the point of the rule... at the end of the day loot boxes will still be loot boxes, and you’re either lucky or not lucky. My brother popped 3 chests and got the 4K jackpot, I opened 100 chests and got squat... knowing the odds won’t change anything
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It's true.

I don’t understand the point of the rule... at the end of the day loot boxes will still be loot boxes, and you’re either lucky or not lucky. My brother popped 3 chests and got the 4K jackpot, I opened 100 chests and got squat... knowing the odds won’t change anything
A rules a rule. Theres a lot of rules that dont make sense. Still got to follow. Welcome to the real world.

I think it's because loot boxes are addictive and some territories (including China) see them as a form of gambling.

With other randomized mediums, players can calculate the expected value of their purchase, with loot boxes there is no such mechanism -- it's like playing poker with a deck where some apples may be missing, and the dealer won't tell you which ones.

I personally think the adjustment is to keep Apple in China's good graces, but the underlying reason makes sense.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I think it's because loot boxes are addictive and some territories (including China) see them as a form of gambling.

With other randomized mediums, players can calculate the expected value of their purchase, with loot boxes there is no such mechanism -- it's like playing poker with a deck where some apples may be missing, and the dealer won't tell you which ones.

I personally think the adjustment is to keep Apple in China's good graces, but the underlying reason makes sense.
As we can see with mainstream gaming today, RNG loot boxes are ruining the experience for players and seem to have become a norm. A cancerous norm. It's something I wish never existed because now most games, especially mobile games, thrive off of RNG.

That being said, as long as the chests in Celtic stay as they've always been and don't ever become something that contains NECESSARY items to progress through the game then I'm fine with it.

Just release the odds and don't change the way chests function please, VR. Don't be like Blitz mode in Halo Wars 2 where you can't even enjoy it without buying RNG junk.
Would you kindly?