Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Regarding BT loot

The ideas Drexxa had were overly complicated and sloppy. If set aura could be applied only to grouped players, and in some sensible way stacked then sure, it would have been great. But that wasn’t really the case so until a real tidy method for these ideas is found... they arent a good idea.
I did mention during Beta the possibility of adding Aura or set effects to the jewellery but the decision not to go ahead with it was down to our systems not being able to differentiate between group members and non group members, rather than sloppiness.

Hopefully in the future adding group only buffs to Auras is something that we can add to the game, it's just not possible with this update.
I understand that some people were going to be upset if it effected everyone, even those outside group. But lets take the idea you presented on beta sub forums back in the beta. Lets the druid set will give 500 hp per tick to ALL players in the range of 5 meters around the druid. This way druid can be grped with tank to heal him and at the same time he will be providing small but helpful healing to clan’s dps without the need of grouping. would really help dps on pretty all EG bosses especially at prot.
Now lets assume the same aura was added but only restricted to group players. What’s the point of that heal when rogues would rather have Nature’s Breath as it will for sure have more AoE healing (it should)
If you want to implement auras for groups only i think it should be something creative and helpful that it would be worth for a dps grp to have 7 dps and a druid. I can only see that happening if druid’s set give extra dmg/attack but that doesn’t sound right at all.

On the other hand, if you can somehow make it so CLAN members only can benefit from the aura, that would solve the whole problem, but I don’t know if that’s even possible.

But thanks for the response Dexxa. Gardens is a huge success. Just need to fix the lag :P

Thank you, Dexxa and OTM.

The ideas Drexxa had were overly complicated and sloppy. If set aura could be applied only to grouped players, and in some sensible way stacked then sure, it would have been great. But that wasn’t really the case so until a real tidy method for these ideas is found... they arent a good idea.
I did mention during Beta the possibility of adding Aura or set effects to the jewellery but the decision not to go ahead with it was down to our systems not being able to differentiate between group members and non group members, rather than sloppiness.

Hopefully in the future adding group only buffs to Auras is something that we can add to the game, it's just not possible with this update.
I understand that some people were going to be upset if it effected everyone, even those outside group. But lets take the idea you presented on beta sub forums back in the beta. Lets the druid set will give 500 hp per tick to ALL players in the range of 5 meters around the druid. This way druid can be grped with tank to heal him and at the same time he will be providing small but helpful healing to clan’s dps without the need of grouping. would really help dps on pretty all EG bosses especially at prot.
Now lets assume the same aura was added but only restricted to group players. What’s the point of that heal when rogues would rather have Nature’s Breath as it will for sure have more AoE healing (it should)
If you want to implement auras for groups only i think it should be something creative and helpful that it would be worth for a dps grp to have 7 dps and a druid. I can only see that happening if druid’s set give extra dmg/attack but that doesn’t sound right at all.

On the other hand, if you can somehow make it so CLAN members only can benefit from the aura, that would solve the whole problem, but I don’t know if that’s even possible.

But thanks for the response Dexxa. Gardens is a huge success. Just need to fix the lag :P

People always suggest clan only buffs or auras or whatever and they will never ever be added for the simple reason that is Epona
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

People always suggest clan only buffs or auras or whatever and they will never ever be added for the simple reason that is Epona
Can’t Epona just create one universal clan and add anyone there except if u were blacklisted by the server ._?
Also wouldn’t it be ridiculous not to implement such helpful feature and restrain 10+ other servers for the favor of one server? I don’t think that’s the case, it’s just that adding auras that only effect clan members is not as easy as the group ones. That’s probably why EDL druid boon effects everyone.

Can’t Epona just create one universal clan and add anyone there except if u were blacklisted by the server ._?
Also wouldn’t it be ridiculous not to implement such helpful feature and restrain 10+ other servers for the favor of one server? I don’t think that’s the case, it’s just that adding auras that only effect clan members is not as easy as the group ones. That’s probably why EDL druid boon effects everyone.
not being one huge clan is one of the biggest benefit of epona. Don’t you have people who you can’t stand being around in your clan? I have one or two on epona who just do my head in. I can decide to be in a clan that is dif to them and still get 100% out of my game. No losing opportunity of bosses, no disadvantage at all.

And no it wouldn’t be rediculous not to implement it because of epona. OTM have to keep their WHOLE game happy. As it is it has only been an idea thrown out there in the beta. Its not implemented and has never been so no one can be mad if it isn’t added. If it were to be added that would then mess with a whole server. I sincerely hope that OTM will never add a feature like this and they do think of the whole Ch community rather than just the dom clans.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Adding auras to player gear is certainly something that I would like to consider for the future.

But as you can see there are many possible uses and effects that need to be considered and tested before adding it to the game and unfortunately there just wasn't time between Beta and launch. :(
Game Designer at One Thumb Mobile

not being one huge clan is one of the biggest benefit of epona. Don’t you have people who you can’t stand being around in your clan? I have one or two on epona who just do my head in. I can decide to be in a clan that is dif to them and still get 100% out of my game. No losing opportunity of bosses, no disadvantage at all.

And no it wouldn’t be rediculous not to implement it because of epona. OTM have to keep their WHOLE game happy. As it is it has only been an idea thrown out there in the beta. Its not implemented and has never been so no one can be mad if it isn’t added. If it were to be added that would then mess with a whole server. I sincerely hope that OTM will never add a feature like this and they do think of the whole Ch community rather than just the dom clans.
Well, Ventius, I respect your opinion which probably speaks for all Eponians as well. I was just really excited when i heard new auras might be added. I just hope OTM can find the right balance and maybe add them so both sides of the community can be satisfied.
Something crazy they could add is the ability to toggle switch between effecting clan or all people around you. I know this sounds nearly impossible, but we can only dream :lol: (and give OTM ideas ._.)

If auras are group only they're perfect for everyone imo, if everyone's aura stacked on everyone, imagine if one aura was just 50 heat damage, but 20 of ur dps had it. That's 1000 dmg per hit added to over 20 ppl meaning over 20k dmg per hit, it's insane. Another solution would be to only let one aura of each type be on at a time but that'd develue them a bit
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis

Adding auras to player gear is certainly something that I would like to consider for the future.

But as you can see there are many possible uses and effects that need to be considered and tested before adding it to the game and unfortunately there just wasn't time between Beta and launch. :(
Have the team considered the possibility of linking groups? Group systems would most likely have to be reworked with having a “leader” that accepts the links to different groups and probably have a limit of 3-4 groups being linked together at max. But if Group only aura buffs were to come out it would be greatly beneficial to be able to link groups to maximize the usefulness of it. I know the idea of linking groups has been mentioned in the past.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Have the team considered the possibility of linking groups? Group systems would most likely have to be reworked with having a “leader” that accepts the links to different groups and probably have a limit of 3-4 groups being linked together at max. But if Group only aura buffs were to come out it would be greatly beneficial to be able to link groups to maximize the usefulness of it. I know the idea of linking groups has been mentioned in the past.
I reallllly want link group option!! I brought it up in closed beta in relation to the faction bosses, but didn’t get much of a response.

I kinda feel like the bloodthorn loot should have just given a simple aura to negate the use of pots.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

How come they can’t make it give a skill for having the set? That way you can make the skill do exactly what sharpen weapons do, its a skill that goes on anyone in your group in your vicinity but not anyone out of the group.
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired