Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Clan Bank Guidelines (Within the ToS)

We have had a number of issues with account sharing. This one is difficult for us as players to understand seeing as how there are things such as Clan Banks in existence and these are a necessary thing in the game.

From everything that's happened with our dear Clan Banks players may think there's really no other way to go about the issue. We haven't yet been provided with an easy way to keep our drops without the use of one or more shared accounts. But we can look at it this way as well, which is I guess how the team looks at it.

Clans are supposed to be headed by trusted individuals. These few people are supposed to distribute the items amongst themselves, be active on a regular basis, and have enough integrity not to suddenly just run with everything.

Just comparing that system to other MMO's we can just say that that sort of system is a lot to expect from players. It just doesn't work. But then again, even if we have some sort of legitimate "Clan Bank" the core issue is still going to be the players and their trustworthiness.

Let's be completely honest here, this is an online game and no matter how close we are with our clanmates or how well we think we know them there is always that risk of someone suddenly doing something ridiculously stupid that ruins the experience for other people.

The best advice I can offer is common sense, and I'm sure this is what nearly every clan puts into thought before choosing who will hold their clan banks, but it serves as a refresher and also tips for new clans who are about to make this big decision.

Operating strictly within OTM's Terms of Service, Clans should adhere to the following rules when setting up a Clan Bank

Have the clan's leadership be the only people to touch the drops OR
Have ONLY the clan's leadership make the decision on who should take charge of drops
This is in order to prevent any outside input from the membership that may lead to disaster. Disaster may sound a bit like an overstatement but it really isn't when compared to the time and money spent by other players.
The leaders of the clan are very unlikely to start the clan just so that they can recruit a bunch of people to gather drops for them and then decide that when they have enough drops they'll just steal them and destroy their own clan. This is the reason why those leaders should be the ONLY people to make decisions on who holds drops. Or even better, only they can hold the drops (they'd just need to be active daily).
When you let the membership decide who holds drops you may run the risk of them choosing a member who has bad intentions in mind. I.e. "vote for me and when I get the drops I'll split them with you and leave."

Have ONE designated person for each bank account.
Since it states in the ToS that account sharing is a ban-able offence this is the only 100% "safe" way to go about maintaining a Clan Bank. This way all you have to worry about is the trustworthiness of the player rather than if you're going to permanently lose all of your hard-earned loot because the account was banned.
This may seem saddening but it's actually a better option than sharing the Clan Bank account between multiple players.
OTM is a great company and understands our struggles and that's why they can (and have) gone in and retrieved items when they have been stolen by a rampant (EX)clanmate.
This is great news! It means that if at some point the person in charge of the Clan Bank steals/deletes/sells the items OTM can go in and retrieve those items for the entire clan as well as BAN the offender.
Whether the person entrusted with the Bank is a leader or an appointed player they should fit the criteria of being:
1) First and foremost they should be trustworthy enough to hold this big responsibility.
2) The should be active daily and preferably more than just an hour or two.
3) They should be patient with the requests of their clanmates and be mature enough to handle them responsibly.

Have patience!
Of course, having the account limited to one person per bank account would mean that clannies are limited to a certain time of when they can withdraw items from the Banks.
This is a simple fix but takes patience and maturity!
There's the handy-dandy mail system within the game that players can use to mail the desired Clan Bank with their request of items. The player in charge of the Bank Account can then log once a day and check through the requests and dole out the items as needed.
There's also the use of 3rd party apps that every respectable clan should be using. This makes it EVEN easier to communicate between Clan Banks and leadership and get drops distributed in a timely manner.
Have faith in your clannies and their leadership and remember that they have their own personal lives as well and will get your requests sorted accordingly.

Remember, these tips hold whether there is a Clan Bank system implemented or not, so take heed and play smart!

If you took the time to read this I hope that it helps and wish your clan the best in its future endeavors!
Would you kindly?

Re: Clan Bank Guidelines (Within the ToS)

“Have ONE designated person for each bank account.
Since it states in the ToS that account sharing is a ban-able offence this is the only 100% "safe" way to go about maintaining a Clan Bank. This way all you have to worry about is the trustworthiness of the player rather than if you're going to permanently lose all of your hard-earned loot because the account was banned.”

OTM already said clan banks are an exception for account sharing.
Rogue Level 229+
Playing Since 2011 Yule

"Lol" -Unknown

Clansman of Seed
Turquoise collector ;)

“Have ONE designated person for each bank account.
Since it states in the ToS that account sharing is a ban-able offence this is the only 100% "safe" way to go about maintaining a Clan Bank. This way all you have to worry about is the trustworthiness of the player rather than if you're going to permanently lose all of your hard-earned loot because the account was banned.”

OTM already said clan banks are an exception for account sharing.
I'm too lazy to dig for it but yes, they stated that and then also stated there was no exception. It's confusing but may have been on a case to case basis.

Either way, the other points stand whether sharing is allowed or not. And tbh it shouldn't be as it contradicts their own ToS.
Would you kindly?

“Hello -

Clan banks are an exception for the shared accounts rule - but are done so under the users own risk.
As the details of the account are shared - this affects the security of the account. Like all accounts whose details are shared, this then makes it harder for us to determine just whom the account actually belongs to. In the case of Clan Banks this is even harder since multiple users are the 'owner' to the account and have access to the information needed in order to claim the account as their own.
It is for this reason that Support simply turn a blind eye to Clan Banks...” -Morgana
Rogue Level 229+
Playing Since 2011 Yule

"Lol" -Unknown

Clansman of Seed
Turquoise collector ;)

Great post, people (especially in smaller clans) can learn a lot here.
Either way, the other points stand whether sharing is allowed or not. And tbh it shouldn't be as it contradicts their own ToS.
I will say that this is technically true, and wrong at the same time. Yes, the ToS says no account sharing, so any shared account regardless of player or bank account is technically wrong. However, OTM has decided to not act against clan bank accounts. So it's still wrong...but they aren't punishing clans for doing it. :geek:
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

@Crom, okay, there was a more recent post thanks for sharing it. I've been off the forums for a few months and hadn't realized.

@Guthix, thank you! I'm glad you think so :) And yeah, although people would still need to be wise and (hopefully) follow these tips it would be a lot better if we had a legitimate Clan Bank system implemented so that we could do away with the shared accounts issues we have now.
Would you kindly?

it would be a lot better if we had a legitimate Clan Bank system implemented so that we could do away with the shared accounts issues we have now.
I completely agree. I hope OTM can put some serious effort into this once the gardens are out and the majority of its bugs are fixed.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

So basically make a clan bank where player can see all items and request what they need from bank, but chief and general can accept the request is this what the topic about lost half way on the first Post :p
That is what many players have been advocating for years, but to answer your question no that is not what this post is about. It is to give tips on managing clan banks.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

A wise Druid once taught me, "If it's not causing trouble, no one cares"

The same goes for clan banks.

They aren't causing trouble.

No one cares if they are shared, including OTM.

(+1 to a clan-integrated bank though)
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!