Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

My Experience with Clan Hate/Rebellions

I noticed that fresh drama has erupted on some worlds, or has been ongoing for a while. So, I've decided to write a bunch of (probably stupid) shpeel about my experience with this kind of situation, namely the whole "I hate (Insert Ruling Clan Here), they are evil" scenario.

From what I've seen both from my experience and what I've read on the forums, people usually feel the need to rebel against a ruling clan either because their smaller clan is having trouble competing, or they have a disagreement with the ruling clan's rules and how they operate. Now, like i said, this is only from what I've experienced, but i feel there's a good chance that at least some of it is applicable to other worlds where this is happening.

On my world, the situation was initially made worse by the ruling clan going in hard on who they saw as troublemakers, which just made them look like the dictators the rebels claimed they were. This wasn't helped by the fact that every clan (No matter how innocent they claim to be) has its share of loud mouthed, gung ho individuals. These muppets made the ruling clan look even worse, giving abuse, mass kicking rebels from social media groups, "blacklisting" them etc.

Yes, I said every clan has easily butthurt members, even the rebels in this situation. The problem is that the ruling clan was arrogant (seeing as they had been the top dogs for so long), so went about claiming that the rebels were made up of scammers, undesirables and people who had been kicked from their clan. Even if this were true, the minute their muppet members started acting the way they did, it made them look like complete hypocrites. It just looked like they were made up of the very undesirables they claimed the rebels were.

This stirred up more hate towards the ruling clan, gave an air of validity to the rebellious clan's complaints (swelling their numbers) and, In this case, eventually led to the ruling clan's downfall. Even to this day, there are certain clan members in certain clans that I just look at and think "why would any sane person want this guy as a clannie?", they make the clan look bad as a whole and cause far more damage than they are worth. At the end of the day, they are probably allowed to stay because they camp bosses and generally do a good job outside of being a loudmouth, creep etc. but in these situations... they are the last people you need in your clan.

So, that's the issue that happened on my world at least, had the ruling clan seriously cracked down on loudmouth members, maybe the rebel clan would of looked bad rather than them. There's a certain dynamic that's in place during a David and Goliath situation, and they went against that dynamic by thinking that a smear campaign would work. Now obviously there is always more to the story, but to me this is probably the main reason the situation ended badly for the once ruling clan.

Hopefully you didn't fall asleep trying to read all this, perhaps you could even relate to some of it. Either way, i just decided to do this on a whim after seeing a few flighty posts lately between rival clan members *Cough, Crom, Cough* :lol:
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Re: My Experience with Clan Hate/Rebellions

Trust me, those posts you've seen in Crom are not between rival clans.

Unless you consider locking frozen bosses as a rivalry.

I've been in my clan for like 4 years now, the 'hate' is kind of glossed over, I've seen too much of it to care nowadays.

A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Otm should consider temp-muting people who go too far with trash talk or ‘trolling’

Kodiakreavers on belenus is a clan filled with people with terrible taste in fashion
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Armo wrote:Trust me, those posts you've seen in Crom are not between rival clans.

Unless you consider locking frozen bosses as a rivalry.

I've been in my clan for like 4 years now, the 'hate' is kind of glossed over, I've seen too much of it to care nowadays.

Fair enough :)

Nevertheless, the points and arguments people were bringing up reminded me of the situation that happened on my world, just on a much smaller scale i guess :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Apples-Bele wrote:Otm should consider temp-muting people who go too far with trash talk or ‘trolling’

Kodiakreavers on belenus is a clan filled with people with terrible taste in fashion

I just feel that clan leaders should be a bit more aware of the fact that people like this are a deterrent to would be clannies. I know that it's a rule in a lot of clans not to give full on abuse, and even regular trash talk in others, but some members always seem to get away with it, either because they are considered too useful or because the people they are trash talking are "troublemakers" like in the situation I witnessed.

The problem is that there's always other people watching, and they are only going to see some idiot from Insert Clan spouting his mouth off. People will complain, the Gens and Guards with any sense will know its wrong, but they won't do anything because the guy is useful, he's a clannie and they like him. All to the detriment of the clan as whole.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Apples-Bele wrote:Otm should consider temp-muting people who go too far with trash talk or ‘trolling’

+1 ApplesBe needs to be muted ASAP, she talks so much trash and brags too much about her ugly top hat... she also wears pink

KodiakReavers on belenus is a clan filled with people with great wisdom and sense of fashion
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Zkills wrote:

+1 ApplesBe needs to be muted ASAP, she talks so much trash and brags too much about her ugly top hat... she also wears pink

KodiakReavers on belenus is a clan filled with people with great wisdom and sense of fashion

Top Hat?

Ban her pls.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

1. Quit posting "drama" threads. The only thing they're good for is starting more drama. Just STOP.
2. We do temp. mute players that take things too far. Just send us a report with the toon name and some dates.