Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

#61
Darkfell Pict wrote:
Kgrkid wrote:I really hope OTM know who the culprits are.


Everybody else does. :lol:

But yes, we have to give credit to those testers that actually bothered and did a good job, they did it really well and gave good feedback, especially in regards to how powerful some of the new items are going to be.

It just appears that the selection process has some flaws. As people pointed out from the start, inactive players, people with bad IG reps etc. were chosen this time around, as well as recurring players who seem to experience every Beta, (not their fault, but it seemed to annoy a lot of folks who hoped to get a shot).

There's always going to be criticism. I don't know what it was like during the Tower Update because I wasn't active on the forums then, but i'd imagine there were some issues with that as well, maybe not of the same type though.

I would have considered myself inactive back before beta started. But that does not mean that I don’t know anything about the game. Those “inactive” players who were selected were inactive mostly because of how the game was forming and they had some good ideas on bringing the game back to life and fresh.

It is good to have a variety of players in beta.
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)
Image

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

#62
Kgrkid wrote:It is good to have a variety of players in beta.


It is. Just a shame many of them hadn't been playing.

There's plenty of active players who want the same thing, and don't just turn up to CH once they get invited to a Closed Beta. Even then, that wasn't the only issue.

We definitely got a good variety this year, including a guy who was exceptional enough to leak screenshots with his own toon in it.
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

#63
Darkfell Pict wrote:
Kgrkid wrote:It is good to have a variety of players in beta.


It is. Just a shame many of them hadn't been playing.

There's plenty of active players who want the same thing, and don't just turn up to CH once they get invited to a Closed Beta. Even then, that wasn't the only issue.

We definitely got a good variety this year, including a guy who was exceptional enough to leak screenshots with his own toon in it.

Being inactive and active on the main servers is and should be irrelevant to being chosen on beta.

There is little content on game and this drives people to play other games, but it doesn't mean that they don't care about the game and nor have they missed anything as there hasn't been content in years.

But it was entertaining to read all the whiny posts on forums on not being chosen on a mobile beta in fear of not experiencing the 'cool new stuff' first or the beta reward, which I hope has been removed.
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

#64
LeGenDzZ wrote:
Darkfell Pict wrote:
Kgrkid wrote:It is good to have a variety of players in beta.


It is. Just a shame many of them hadn't been playing.

There's plenty of active players who want the same thing, and don't just turn up to CH once they get invited to a Closed Beta. Even then, that wasn't the only issue.

We definitely got a good variety this year, including a guy who was exceptional enough to leak screenshots with his own toon in it.

Being inactive and active on the main servers is and should be irrelevant to being chosen on beta.

There is little content on game and this drives people to play other games, but it doesn't mean that they don't care about the game and nor have they missed anything as there hasn't been content in years.

But it was entertaining to read all the whiny posts on forums on not being chosen on a mobile beta in fear of not experiencing the 'cool new stuff' first or the beta reward, which I hope has been removed.


That's your opinion, I think it's pretty relevant.

The "Whiny" posts were pretty annoying yes, but there was also a lot of valid criticism that shouldn't be ignored. Then again it's pretty easy (and lazy) to discredit criticism, one guy made a lot of valid points, only for someone to reply that he was just being salty because he wasn't in the beta. There seemed to be a lot of that.
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

#66
LeGenDzZ wrote:
Darkfell Pict wrote:
Kgrkid wrote:It is good to have a variety of players in beta.


It is. Just a shame many of them hadn't been playing.

There's plenty of active players who want the same thing, and don't just turn up to CH once they get invited to a Closed Beta. Even then, that wasn't the only issue.

We definitely got a good variety this year, including a guy who was exceptional enough to leak screenshots with his own toon in it.

Being inactive and active on the main servers is and should be irrelevant to being chosen on beta.

There is little content on game and this drives people to play other games, but it doesn't mean that they don't care about the game and nor have they missed anything as there hasn't been content in years.

But it was entertaining to read all the whiny posts on forums on not being chosen on a mobile beta in fear of not experiencing the 'cool new stuff' first or the beta reward, which I hope has been removed.

Calling ppl's criticism salty is basically being salty too isnt it? 'I dont like your critcism on who was picked to beta, now if u dont mind I'll criticize all of u for criticizing all of them.'
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

#67
LeGenDzZ wrote:
Darkfell Pict wrote:
Kgrkid wrote:It is good to have a variety of players in beta.


It is. Just a shame many of them hadn't been playing.

There's plenty of active players who want the same thing, and don't just turn up to CH once they get invited to a Closed Beta. Even then, that wasn't the only issue.

We definitely got a good variety this year, including a guy who was exceptional enough to leak screenshots with his own toon in it.

Being inactive and active on the main servers is and should be irrelevant to being chosen on beta.

There is little content on game and this drives people to play other games, but it doesn't mean that they don't care about the game and nor have they missed anything as there hasn't been content in years.

But it was entertaining to read all the whiny posts on forums on not being chosen on a mobile beta in fear of not experiencing the 'cool new stuff' first or the beta reward, which I hope has been removed.

Being inactive ingame should be very relevant. It shows how little interest you have in this game which not what you want in a closed beta. Closed beta testers should be very active players that actively want to see the best out of this game and do more than logging once in a blue moon for bosses or bounties... or openly say that you’ve quit the game on the forums, beg to a forum admin to let you in, and then leak screenshots with your toon visable like a complete moron.

I don’t care how successful the closed beta was, there were many inactives in there (and bullshitters) that shouldn’t have been... there are plenty of active players that can give the same amount of feedback, maybe even more.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

#68
Zkills wrote:
LeGenDzZ wrote:
Darkfell Pict wrote:
It is. Just a shame many of them hadn't been playing.

There's plenty of active players who want the same thing, and don't just turn up to CH once they get invited to a Closed Beta. Even then, that wasn't the only issue.

We definitely got a good variety this year, including a guy who was exceptional enough to leak screenshots with his own toon in it.

Being inactive and active on the main servers is and should be irrelevant to being chosen on beta.

There is little content on game and this drives people to play other games, but it doesn't mean that they don't care about the game and nor have they missed anything as there hasn't been content in years.

But it was entertaining to read all the whiny posts on forums on not being chosen on a mobile beta in fear of not experiencing the 'cool new stuff' first or the beta reward, which I hope has been removed.

Being inactive ingame should be very relevant. It shows how little interest you have in this game which not what you want in a closed beta. Closed beta testers should be very active players that actively want to see the best out of this game and do more than logging once in a blue moon for bosses or bounties... or openly say that you’ve quit the game on the forums, beg to a forum admin to let you in, and then leak screenshots with your toon visable like a complete moron.

I don’t care how successful the closed beta was, there were many inactives in there (and bullshitters) that shouldn’t have been... there are plenty of active players that can give the same amount of feedback, maybe even more.


I agree, the fact that inactive and people who "QUIT" have been chosen for closed Beta is not sitting right with me either. Celtic Heroes has been developing into one direction and all active players are taking the same path. People that "QUIT" or have been active might not have experienced content as 'Fishing, Coooking as well as more strategies to down EG Bosses'. Who knows, maybe some of the people that "QUIT" tried to change the game back to the old Celtic Heroes that doesnt exist anymore. Current active players know what kind of path we are heading to whilst the inactive/quit people might not know what direction OTM wants to head into. Thus, a handful of players should not have been selected to take part into the closed Beta. Not because I don't like them but that I conclude, that current players know the vision of OTM and want to make that successful.

This is a forum, we may criticize the people and steps OTM are taking. Call it crying or whatever but in the end the ones that did raise their voices imo were the ones most interested in joining the closed beta and provide OTM with good feedback instead of some trolls that got accepted.
Nightmaaarree
Unit & Colours

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

#69
Criminal wrote:Calling ppl's criticism salty is basically being salty too isnt it? 'I dont like your critcism on who was picked to beta, now if u dont mind I'll criticize all of u for criticizing all of them.'

I know the difference between whining and critiquing.

Zkills wrote:Being inactive ingame should be very relevant. It shows how little interest you have in this game which not what you want in a closed beta. Closed beta testers should be very active players that actively want to see the best out of this game and do more than logging once in a blue moon for bosses or bounties... or openly say that you’ve quit the game on the forums, beg to a forum admin to let you in, and then leak screenshots with your toon visable like a complete moron.

I don’t care how successful the closed beta was, there were many inactives in there (and bullshitters) that shouldn’t have been... there are plenty of active players that can give the same amount of feedback, maybe even more.



Can you really blame people for losing interest on such a repetitive and lacklustre game? Yes, the people who openly stated they had quit should not have been selected, but calling out OTM for selecting other 'inactives', who had experienced the newest content to date, but decide to play other games because this one was too boring for the time being is unwarranted.

And OTM isn't Nostradamus over here, they couldn't have known about the idiot that blatantly leaked, that happened after the selecting process.

Anyways this is going off topic, will be my last post on the closed beta.
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: Celtic Heroes Future

#70
LeGenDzZ wrote:
Criminal wrote:Calling ppl's criticism salty is basically being salty too isnt it? 'I dont like your critcism on who was picked to beta, now if u dont mind I'll criticize all of u for criticizing all of them.'

I know the difference between whining and critiquing.

Zkills wrote:Being inactive ingame should be very relevant. It shows how little interest you have in this game which not what you want in a closed beta. Closed beta testers should be very active players that actively want to see the best out of this game and do more than logging once in a blue moon for bosses or bounties... or openly say that you’ve quit the game on the forums, beg to a forum admin to let you in, and then leak screenshots with your toon visable like a complete moron.

I don’t care how successful the closed beta was, there were many inactives in there (and bullshitters) that shouldn’t have been... there are plenty of active players that can give the same amount of feedback, maybe even more.



Can you really blame people for losing interest on such a repetitive and lacklustre game? Yes, the people who openly stated they had quit should not have been selected, but calling out OTM for selecting other 'inactives', who had experienced the newest content to date, but decide to play other games because this one was too boring for the time being is unwarranted.

And OTM isn't Nostradamus over here, they couldn't have known about the idiot that blatantly leaked, that happened after the selecting process.

Anyways this is going off topic, will be my last post on the closed beta.

I'd rather someone who was active and that has the experience to be picked. You also don't know every one personally to see when they quit
Nuada:
King - 223 warrior (BT helm)
Best DPS warrior in Nuada

BobTheMage "Swaps are DPS loss"
Looking to join Danu to fail Dino
Ignoring everything zKills has to say

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GodKaram and 18 guests