Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Tanks on DG armour

Well being a warrior with full dg armour I guess I should chime in..

I alt and use edl with void mord helm to tank endgame..

I use dg the rest of the time on everything else to dps..

Dg is not meant for tanking anything, it's a glass cannon dps set. :D

Tanks using parts of dg armor lose out on a lot of chaos resist, which makes a huge difference when tanking raids. Sure they evade more often than some, but when they get hit, they get hit like a truck. Extremely annoying to heal.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

The DG for warriors should not be a dps set. I find that really stupid otm made it this way.
Imo it should be a tank set.
Warrior DG is just a waste.
Nope your idea that dg should be a tank set is stupid..

Warrior end game EDL build is already stupidly tanky, if anything warrior completely lacks pure dps potential and dg is OTM' way of trying to diverge from warriors such limited static class role. I mean out of all classes warrior has the lowest dps potential at end game and the upmost survivability yet an extremely versatile skill set.
You are either tank using no dps skills or hybrid using dps with a little less survivability but no potent damage whatsoever. DG breaks the mould and allows for all you warrior mains to actually contribute significant damage rather than staying on the side-lines when your clan already has 5 tanks on gele. (I mean not everyone has the luxury to have multiple devices or at that more than 1 220+ toon)
Tanks using parts of dg armor lose out on a lot of chaos resist, which makes a huge difference when tanking raids. Sure they evade more often than some, but when they get hit, they get hit like a truck. Extremely annoying to heal.
And in terms of the chaos resist (WARIOR DG IS FOR DPS NOT TANKING) what about the other classes? they don't have any either on their dg sets and if they did it would offset the main role of the armour which is to provide stupid damage potential at the cost of survivability.
when you look at it from that point of view you can see that warrior loses the most survivability but gains the most in terms of damage potential boost. unlike rogue where it reduces the armour a bit but boosts evasion which is already at stupid levels whilst polishing the nuke like dps.

DG makes warrior fun again...
A smug casual warrior from morrigan

The DG for warriors should not be a dps set. I find that really stupid otm made it this way.
Imo it should be a tank set.
Warrior DG is just a waste.
Nope your idea that dg should be a tank set is stupid..

Warrior end game EDL build is already stupidly tanky, if anything warrior completely lacks pure dps potential and dg is OTM' way of trying to diverge from warriors such limited static class role. I mean out of all classes warrior has the lowest dps potential at end game and the upmost survivability yet an extremely versatile skill set.
You are either tank using no dps skills or hybrid using dps with a little less survivability but no potent damage whatsoever. DG breaks the mould and allows for all you warrior mains to actually contribute significant damage rather than staying on the side-lines when your clan already has 5 tanks on gele. (I mean not everyone has the luxury to have multiple devices or at that more than 1 220+ toon)
And in terms of the chaos resist (WARIOR DG IS FOR DPS NOT TANKING) what about the other classes? they don't have any either on their dg sets and if they did it would offset the main role of the armour which is to provide stupid damage potential at the cost of survivability.
when you look at it from that point of view you can see that warrior loses the most survivability but gains the most in terms of damage potential boost. unlike rogue where it reduces the armour a bit but boosts evasion which is already at stupid levels whilst polishing the nuke like dps.

DG makes warrior fun again...
This.
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]