Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Should spawn windows of older bosses be shorten after gardens releases.

By "boss spread" I am referring to the point of moving clans away from older bosses and towards newer bosses.
I am not referring to the actual fight mechanics or numbers.
I feel there’s a big disconnect between the endgame players and OTM staff here.

There is no world where anything you release (endgame) is going to stop a clan from killing Mordris, Necro or Hrungnir.
You need EDL Weapons to win endgame bosses, you need DL weapons to make EDL. You need lockers to win DL Bosses. You need Hrung, Mord and Necro gear for lockers to win Snorri.

Unless you fix boss locking mechanics, and/or make them more accessible to smaller clans (so that it’s not only large ones that can kill them) then nothing you release will actually change anything.
I am aware, but what I am discussing is clans over camping a boss as they feel they cannot "move on" from older bosses (A clans gear requirement will always be there however)
For instance:
http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 20#p735721
The OP on the topic you just linked was saying the same thing. The alt game needs to be fixed before clans can move on.

Releasing more end game items isn’t going to change the fact that we need to kill Hrung/Mord/Necro to win Snorri.

What you need to do is fix the crazy bottleneck on DL weapons, which would reduce the dependency on lockers and therefore farming gear for lockers on old bosses.

Perhaps a semi-raid tier boss that drops crowns every time? Maybe a change to the currently dead content boss Fodbgen the Despoiler? Just removing his loot entirely and repositioning him as a 6 crown dropping 6-12 hour spawn boss?

Im sure the endgame community agrees that we need older bosses while we’re being bottlenecked by 80 RD.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I feel there’s a big disconnect between the endgame players and OTM staff here.

There is no world where anything you release (endgame) is going to stop a clan from killing Mordris, Necro or Hrungnir.
You need EDL Weapons to win endgame bosses, you need DL weapons to make EDL. You need lockers to win DL Bosses. You need Hrung, Mord and Necro gear for lockers to win Snorri.

Unless you fix boss locking mechanics, and/or make them more accessible to smaller clans (so that it’s not only large ones that can kill them) then nothing you release will actually change anything.
I am aware, but what I am discussing is clans over camping a boss as they feel they cannot "move on" from older bosses (A clans gear requirement will always be there however)
For instance:
http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 20#p735721
The OP on the topic you just linked was saying the same thing. The alt game needs to be fixed before clans can move on.

Releasing more end game items isn’t going to change the fact that we need to kill Hrung/Mord/Necro to win Snorri.

What you need to do is fix the crazy bottleneck on DL weapons, which would reduce the dependency on lockers and therefore farming gear for lockers on old bosses.

Perhaps a semi-raid tier boss that drops crowns every time? Maybe a change to the currently dead content boss Fodbgen the Despoiler? Just removing his loot entirely and repositioning him as a 6 crown dropping 6-12 hour spawn boss?

Im sure the endgame community agrees that we need older bosses while we’re being bottlenecked by 80 RD.
I agree. I think at the time of release the items should be hard to obtain. However, once the game has progressed it should be easier to obtain. We see these big problems in frozen and dl because nothing happens and people quit over it.
Hi

I for sure think there is a valid argument for reducing the armour bottleneck and requirements, my personal opinion however is that I would like it reduced without damaging another aspect of the game. (Fine balance rather than heavy hand)

It is a topic I will discuss further with the team shortly, especially so if we introduce further armour quests later on.

I for sure think there is a valid argument for reducing the armour bottleneck and requirements, my personal opinion however is that I would like it reduced without damaging another aspect of the game. (Fine balance rather than heavy hand)

It is a topic I will discuss further with the team shortly, especially so if we introduce further armour quests later on.[/quote]

Thank you!!

It is a topic I will discuss further with the team shortly, especially so if we introduce further armour quests later on.
Awesome, thank you for considering community feedback.
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

How many years have we been asking for the frozen and dl bottleneck to change? Otm made a very half assed attempt to fix it. Don’t hold your breath.
Agreed man...

I've noticed over the years OTM hasn't been taking players opinions/concerns seriously. In 2011/2012, they were very concerned about the development of the game and did whatever they had to do to make the game fair and balanced. But now they seem to not even care; they never do anything to fix the ongoing problems of one clan controlling everything, the lack of frozen/dl drop, and the time issues with raid boss. I understand that some of these problems are not easy to fix, like making dl drops balanced, but it shouldn't take very long to figure out a solution. All I know is that OTM and their game will not get any bigger and or more successful if they cannot fix the littlest of things. I love this game, but I just feel like OTM is not taking things too seriously.
An old character. . .

Make snorri drop crowns only, then shift all loot tables on dl down one boss so snorri loot table on sreng, sreng on 165 165 to 160. Then maybe just maybe if glashtyn drops eggs people might actually kill it and we have 3 bosses with chance to drop crowns. just and idea.
World - Danu
Rogue - YEHOVA 221
Ranger - Raza 221
Mage - Salamander 220
Warrior - Razza 220
Druid - Docta 200
Rogue - Razzzza 190
Warrior - Farrah 202

World - sulis
Druid - Razzaa 172

World - Lir
Warrior - Maggot 180