Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Closed Beta Test!

I think its dumb ppl call it 'salty' or 'butthurt', that just shows how little u care about the beta testing. Beta testing is to be able to prevent things like 3 nerfs done to Gele and Necro before a year or so later, to improve all of ur gameplay. When the ones in beta are nothing more than forum dwellers who quit the game, u know how the beta will turn out, which is IMO, a loss for all of us.

I can say I dont go to open betas because thats when I feel the least is achieved except finding out bugs. Ppl go to open betas to do cross server pvp or talk to other clans and kill a boss with 79 ppl which is irrelevant to actual testing.

Closed beta has a good sample of players, to test things that are probably only gonna be tested there. I applied to every closed beta ever, and most of open ones, and participated in what OTM let me participate, obviously never lied about how much time Id put in beta (which I believe I always gave max of 3 hours). But, OTM doesnt make a wise decision recycling the players, especially when theres literally nothing achieved from it. I havent been picked to betas as much since the Gele closed beta, which I insisted for OTM to make it longer, and insisted that Gele HAS to be nerfed dramatically, and I called every nerf that was done eventually, during the beta. Instead of listening the comment I got was 'if it bleeds it can die', as a reply to 37 full EDL 220+ toons getting only 5% of Gele's hp down before wiping, when we clearly had no chance whatsoever (because crystals spawned too fast, gele was 225 and had too high hp). I argued OTM on that statement but eventually the closed beta ended with 4 gele raids that were all utter failures.

Gele was killed first time how long after? Half a year and 3 nerfs? Then stop calling ppl salty or butthurt and at least prove ur useful to the closed beta before we wait another 6+ months of another raid boss sitting idle. Ppl complaining about the picks is solely for ur own good, and OTM making unwise picks is as clear as the sun, dont be blind because u have been picked.

I wish good luck to testers, I hope they'll achieve anything because I dont want another raid to be nerfed several times before its even doable. Gele already requires 30+ toons, lets not let OTM increase it, stand on ur own and insist on the right nerfs, even if it means u will lose ur precious beta spot next time, thats what ur testing for, no one wants to see u cross-server pvping or chit chatting.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Also I think a way to improve beta testing and having ALL points of views is taking at least 1 player from every top clan in every server. Assuming theres 2 competing clans in each iOS server that covers 28 players. Make it 2-3 per clan and ur near 70 (lower-higher). Although Id like to see android players being included.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I think its dumb ppl call it 'salty' or 'butthurt', that just shows how little u care about the beta testing. Beta testing is to be able to prevent things like 3 nerfs done to Gele and Necro before a year or so later, to improve all of ur gameplay. When the ones in beta are nothing more than forum dwellers who quit the game, u know how the beta will turn out, which is IMO, a loss for all of us.

I can say I dont go to open betas because thats when I feel the least is achieved except finding out bugs. Ppl go to open betas to do cross server pvp or talk to other clans and kill a boss with 79 ppl which is irrelevant to actual testing.

Closed beta has a good sample of players, to test things that are probably only gonna be tested there. I applied to every closed beta ever, and most of open ones, and participated in what OTM let me participate, obviously never lied about how much time Id put in beta (which I believe I always gave max of 3 hours). But, OTM doesnt make a wise decision recycling the players, especially when theres literally nothing achieved from it. I havent been picked to betas as much since the Gele closed beta, which I insisted for OTM to make it longer, and insisted that Gele HAS to be nerfed dramatically, and I called every nerf that was done eventually, during the beta. Instead of listening the comment I got was 'if it bleeds it can die', as a reply to 37 full EDL 220+ toons getting only 5% of Gele's hp down before wiping, when we clearly had no chance whatsoever (because crystals spawned too fast, gele was 225 and had too high hp). I argued OTM on that statement but eventually the closed beta ended with 4 gele raids that were all utter failures.

Gele was killed first time how long after? Half a year and 3 nerfs? Then stop calling ppl salty or butthurt and at least prove ur useful to the closed beta before we wait another 6+ months of another raid boss sitting idle. Ppl complaining about the picks is solely for ur own good, and OTM making unwise picks is as clear as the sun, dont be blind because u have been picked.

I wish good luck to testers, I hope they'll achieve anything because I dont want another raid to be nerfed several times before its even doable. Gele already requires 30+ toons, lets not let OTM increase it, stand on ur own and insist on the right nerfs, even if it means u will lose ur precious beta spot next time, thats what ur testing for, no one wants to see u cross-server pvping or chit chatting.
I’m not usually on the same page as Crim, but this.

Also I think a way to improve beta testing and having ALL points of views is taking at least 1 player from every top clan in every server. Assuming theres 2 competing clans in each iOS server that covers 28 players. Make it 2-3 per clan and ur near 70 (lower-higher). Although Id like to see android players being included.
I think this is what otm has done, though I can’t speak for other servers. I only know that a couple of us from our clan have been selected and some from our rival clan I believe.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

OTM should just disable the castle, pvp, older raid bosses, and any new fashion. That way you'd eliminate players applying for closed beta that only want to pvp, hang out in castle, and check out thr new fashion.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

OTM should just disable the castle, pvp, older raid bosses, and any new fashion. That way you'd eliminate players applying for closed beta that only want to pvp, hang out in castle, and check out thr new fashion.
Anyone in closed beta for the new fash, pvp and castle camping doesnt belong in closed...thats whay the open beta can be used for. Like crim said above, i dont want another broken raid that requires half a dozen serious nerfs until it is killable. Also dont want another raid that requires a minimum of 40 people to kill.

Think back to necro a few years ago. Difficult but not impossible. Didnt require ridiculous numbers to kill and was a great balance of stratergy to numbers needed for it. Now its outdated and can be killed with 15 on many servers and is more of a tank and spank boss but if new bosses are anything like necro used to be then i will be happy. Atleast they have learned not to make a level 225 boss lol...we saw that much in the leaks :D
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

gz to those who its concerned but it should have been open beta from start imo cause we all have been waiting for it to come not only old players...m also old player but dont mean new players to be neglected..yeah open is soon too but ppl pay more for non aeon not aeon

Anyone in closed beta for the new fash, pvp and castle camping doesnt belong in closed...thats whay the open beta can be used for. Like crim said above, i dont want another broken raid that requires half a dozen serious nerfs until it is killable. Also dont want another raid that requires a minimum of 40 people to kill.

Think back to necro a few years ago. Difficult but not impossible. Didnt require ridiculous numbers to kill and was a great balance of stratergy to numbers needed for it. Now its outdated and can be killed with 15 on many servers and is more of a tank and spank boss but if new bosses are anything like necro used to be then i will be happy. Atleast they have learned not to make a level 225 boss lol...we saw that much in the leaks :D
It still took around 28 minimum when it first came out. No raid bosses have been good enough for a small raid 20 min maybe 16, at least not yet. I still have hopes in this update :)
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama