Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

OTM Penalizes Players for Levelling Above 220

This must be the only game that does this because I can't seem to find any other.

My ranger that is level 229 is pretty much useless on locking Dragonlord bosses, suffers on locking Exalted dragonlord bosses in a CLAN BASED GAME where there will always be lock battles. A level 220 ranger with similar gear will win a lock on Unox over me while I am nine whole levels above them, how is this any fair? Care to explain @OTM?

Level lock needs to be reviewed. At least on EDL bosses and all raids since they still drop items that will benefit a 229 character.

The fact that good items rarely ever drop mean that players will keep coming back to kill them, for a while. Case in point is Necro which has the best rings for me, but since I am 39 levels above the boss I will struggle in getting lock over rival clans level 190 rangers.

Share your views
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: OTM Penalizes Players for Levelling Above 220

I understand why a level lock system was put into place. OTM wanted to allow groups that still needed warden disks that were at that level that the boss was to be able to get lock over someone 20 levels higher that was trying to get drops so they can sell them. The game has evolved from the days of stonevale, and I believe it’s important for OTM to re-evaluate the lock system.

I think keeping a level lock system in place is appropriate but needs to be adjusted. I believe that any boss that is considered “end game” content should not have any level lock bonus. In the current state of the game Prot, Gelebron, Necromancer, Mordris, and all the EDL bosses all drop items that there is no substitute for the power level of certain drops you can obtain from them. Those bosses should be locked strictly on damage dealt without any lock bonuses.

A person that puts in the work, plat, and time into leveling up should NEVER be punished when it comes to end game content. This philosophy is counterintuitive. I’m sure this was not the intention of the game designers, right?
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

They should make the level lock range percentage based instead of a hard number.

So those withing say 25% of a bosses level will have the lock advantage.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

They should make the level lock range percentage based instead of a hard number.

Artisan, I toyed around with this thought when writing my comment. I personally settled on the fact that any MMO should never penalize a player that participates in the designed end game content because their level is too high. I believe that if asked the folks that designed Necromancer would never had dreamed that a player wouldn’t be able to contribitute toward locking the boss because they were too high.

I will say this, it does make sense for Aggy, Pyrus, Coopinger, and Falgren to have lvl lock bonuses. Those mobs each drop things that will help and might even be essential for a toon that is not at end game status to progress. Toons that are at end game status, however, should not be penalized at bosses that drop items that are essential to progressing at the end game
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

Yeah but there has to be a balance. If it's % based at around 25% (number can be tweaked) then I think it makes it more fare since the higher you go, the harder is seems to be to get endgame content. So many people on my server (mainly rogues) hit 220 without getting dl Dagger much less offhand.

Let's say you make it 20%

Mordris (190) effective lvl lock range based on damage would be162-228. Meaning as long as you were in that range and did the most damage, you win.

Can probably lower the % a bit honestly but it's much better than 180-200 being the end all be all for Mordris. Especially when the spawn times are so long and the drops people want are so rare.

OTM likely didn't expect its customers to be so dedicated to leveling, though they sure encouraged it. So it lead to a bottleneck for some gear and lvl 180s fighting lvl 220s for gear.

If it's percentage based I think that will make level lock a lot more fair to those who were just doing what came naturally.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Percentage based lock along with Level Based is already in effect for other bosses as was explained on another thread about groups getting kills out of lock, so there is a certain aspect of the raid where OTM utilised percentages in order to award the kill. And since we're talking about bosses this applies here as well, since nobody can boss solo.

I agree that ANY End Game bosses should have no level lock. OTM has to remember that for every level 180 player who wants a Godly Necro Ring there is a level 220 player who wants that SAME ring and has been hoping for it for years. There are still level 215's without EDL offhands.. And it isn't like players are going to stop levelling as they wait for their drops.

We can't be expected to sit at our current level and not progress just to get lock. But that's exactly what we are forced to do! Many of us have created alts solely for the purpose of locking the boss. We get them to 180 and then leave them sit in Mordy pit. They have no other use other than to get lock.

That's a waste of our time and money levelling a character who we can't even enjoy because we know their usefulness ends at 180 or 190. It's ridiculous..
Would you kindly?

Artisan, I toyed around with this thought when writing my comment. I personally settled on the fact that any MMO should never penalize a player that participates in the designed end game content because their level is too high. I believe that if asked the folks that designed Necromancer would never had dreamed that a player wouldn’t be able to contribitute toward locking the boss because they were too high.

I will say this, it does make sense for Aggy, Pyrus, Coopinger, and Falgren to have lvl lock bonuses. Those mobs each drop things that will help and might even be essential for a toon that is not at end game status to progress. Toons that are at end game status, however, should not be penalized at bosses that drop items that are essential to progressing at the end game
Unfortunately even aggy is still kinda camped by end game toons because of the ward and lure rings (pierce and magic lure are essential to raid bosses).
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Even grommak and pyrus are, purple bears and lions are pain to get with their 3h spawn time and eg players camping it to gear lockers. I have seen purple bears in ah going for 300k+ .
Which is only a problem because OTM has forced the need for lockers ...it’s a really nasty cycle: Some people even create ow lockers to help win lock on Grom to gear their 180 lockers...

And tbh that only makes it harder for the new low level players to progress.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu