Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Request for Generic Information Regarding Player Bans from OTM

#11
bob the mage wrote:Hey Muldar,
Thank you for replying so quickly and in depth to this thread, it really helps alleviate some of the uncertainties and curiosities that myself, my clannies, and I'm sure many others have had, especially with the recent upswing in "banhammer" activity.

I had one final question regarding this topic that I forgot to include previously. Recently someone I knew was banned for "grieifng" after video evidence was sent, and I was curious as to what OTM's defintion of "grieifng" is, and how OTM verfies that videos are recent and not just old videos that are being submited now. I'm not posting this to argue the grounds for why this player was banned, nor to try and appeal for it, but I'm just asking for further clarification. I understand you can't reveal the whole process, otherwise it would become easier for dishonest players to find loopholes around it, but any insight you can share would greatly help.

Thank you for your time Muldar and Tadaah,
Bobthemage


Griefing is usually acted upon when the player accused of doing so is using exploits. This typically is the collision bug.
In game mechanics such as calm or Necro AOE are a grey area and are reviewed on a case by case basis.

As to your question on dating the event, from when I have personally reviewed cases (I do some, support do the bulk however) I review server logs and event dates to ensure the evidence provided is recent and not a rehash.

Arrowheads wrote:I have friends that’s have been banned for something they didn’t do. For example “Scamming”. Some of them still have not received an unban. Do you know when this bug/issue will be resolved? Also another issue is that scammers seem to make fakes of people. This could be the reason some of the actual main people are getting banned. Other then the false bans, I am very proud of otm laying down the law on some of these people. Would love a response to how you will resolve the issues though. :D


Due to an issue with device identifiers on the server, several accounts may have incorrectly received a ban notification for "Scamming".

We have since rectified this issue, anyone who had the Device Disabled flag has now been unbanned and will be able to resume playing (Although the notification may appear upon first login).

If this is still showing, even after a relog / cache and data wipe, please contact Appeals@onethumbmobile.com and the team can assist.

Myself and Programming have taken steps to ensure this does not happen again.
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Re: Request for Generic Information Regarding Player Bans from OTM

#12
Okay thanks! Sadly some of my friends that I know would never scam anyone, and are still banned. I think they are still banned because scammers made fakes of them attempting to scam. Is there a way otm can prevent that?
-Guardian Of Thereal (Rosmerta) :)
-Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: Celtic Heroes Gameplay

Ban Spree

#13
Hello I noticed that there was a massive amount of seemingly innocent people being banned for "scamming" including myself. They have received the "account disabled" notification when they attempt to log in. I was wondering if I could have some information as to what's going on here because I have spoken to many others who have said that they were banned but have not broken TOS either. These people that I have talked to are in top clans and their friends and clan mates state that "they would never hurt a fly". Anyways I was wondering if I could have some information as to what's going on here because I was banned too and as far as I know I have not broken any TOS. I also noticed that Muldar commented on a post the other day that a lot of people had incorrectly received a ban notification for scamming and that they could now log in to their accounts. However, this comment was adressed to those who had a "device disabled" notification and not an "account disabled" notification. I would like to know if there is a difference and if those with the "account disabled" notification should be able to log in as well. Me and many others can still not log in. I am very curious. Thanks
From, Nelk (a loyal player/investor in your game).

Re: Request for Generic Information Regarding Player Bans from OTM

#14
Arrowheads wrote:...some of my friends that I know would never scam anyone, and are still banned. I think they are still banned because scammers made fakes of them attempting to scam. Is there a way otm can prevent that?

(Many of these may be a result of the following: )
Muldar wrote: Due to an issue with device identifiers on the server, several accounts may have incorrectly received a ban notification for "Scamming".
We have since rectified this issue, anyone who had the Device Disabled flag has now been unbanned and will be able to resume playing (Although the notification may appear upon first login).
If this is still showing, even after a relog / cache and data wipe, please contact Appeals@onethumbmobile.com and the team can assist.

Thus many incorrect bans may have occurred, but hopefully have been fixed by now (or with a little player side fiddling).
As to the duplicate name scamming, OTM investigates reported scammers to avoid this issue; OTM does not ban based purely on a reported name, they investigate to verify offenders before issuing bans.

Trying to be helpful without stepping on too many toes; hopefully this is alleviating pressure for muldar/tadaaah rather than making more (making corrections what I say...:D)

Nelk wrote:Hello I noticed that there was a massive amount of seemingly innocent people being banned for "scamming" including myself. They have received the "account disabled" notification when they attempt to log in. I was wondering if I could have some information as to what's going on here because I have spoken to many others who have said that they were banned but have not broken TOS either. These people that I have talked to are in top clans and their friends and clan mates state that "they would never hurt a fly". Anyways I was wondering if I could have some information as to what's going on here because I was banned too and as far as I know I have not broken any TOS. I also noticed that Muldar commented on a post the other day that a lot of people had incorrectly received a ban notification for scamming and that they could now log in to their accounts. However, this comment was adressed to those who had a "device disabled" notification and not an "account disabled" notification. I would like to know if there is a difference and if those with the "account disabled" notification should be able to log in as well. Me and many others can still not log in...

Try the aforementioned relog/clear cache, if this is a similar issue, it may also have been resolved and the device hasn't recognized new info in the pipeline. If not I'm sure they're dealing with it.
Image

Avatar art courtesy Angmar Reid
Lugh:
Mindreader - W - Pegasus
Photon - R - Chrysaor
CH on discord
CH database
Bitey's Guide
CrazyMae wrote:May your farts be sulfurous, personally offensive and unrelenting, only subsiding within my divine presence.

Re: Request for Generic Information Regarding Player Bans from OTM

#20
Locking Topic as the OP has been answered.

(And I would rather not have a thread open for people to question their ban, this must be done through official channels)

For those looking to appeal a ban please contact our Appeals Team at Appeals@onethumbmobile.com with the following information:

- Username for account -
- Registered email -
- When account created/last played -
- Character(s) name(s) on the account - include deleted ones if you can remember them -
- Character levels on the account -
- Clans that characters are members of -
- Servers the characters are on -
- Premium purchases made -
- Any plat purchases made on the account and amount -
- Some items that characters will have or have equipped -

- Reason you feel you should be unbanned -


Thanks
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests