Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Request for Generic Information Regarding Player Bans from OTM

Recently it seems that OTM has finally stepped up to the plate and started to swing with their "banhammer." But what pitches they have been swinging at seems to be almost random, with some players getting banned for a week, or a month, for very minor offenses, while others where hoards of screenshots get sent in, or a lot of information, result in the standard, almost automated reply "We thank you for bringing this to our attention and will look into it.."

My questions are
1) what in general does OTM consider to be banworthy, and why do others get ignored?
2) Does plat buying go into the support team's consideration for whether or not a player gets banned, or what type of ban they get?
3) does time playing the game count in the support team's consideration for whether or not a player gets banned, or what type of ban they get?
4) Why the lack of consistency in what actions get a ban? An account seller on one server may get banned, whereas a larger one may escape scratch free. A trash talker victim X may get told to use block button, whereas for victim Y, their trash talker gets banned.

Although the TOS highlights the rules, and that they may result in a ban, in reality, it is a lot less concrete.
My curiosity is:
1) what exactly does the OTM review process consist of?
2) Are there any red flags that result in instant action? Any flags that result in the ticket being ignored?

This would greatly help the player base, because we would know exactly what type of information OTM will act on, what they will directly ignore, and what they will directly act on, so players know what to be on the look out for when acquiring the needed evidence for a support ticket, and also so this way players know a little bit more about what is expected of them.
A little more transparency would definitely help remove the grey area and maybe even allow for the support appeals team to be able to give more concrete "no you are banned because of x,y,z" instead of players being able to debate along the lines of the grey area.

And before someone jumps to assume I'm posting this because I got banned, no I did not get banned, just took a break from forums for holiday so I could spend time with family :)
Gwydion - Guardian of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 224 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

CD Swapping since 2016

Re: Request for Generic Information Regarding Player Bans from OTM

bob the mage wrote:My questions are
1) what in general does OTM consider to be banworthy, and why do others get ignored?

"Banworthy" Offences are typically outlined in the TOS. Account selling / buying / trading, selling in-game goods for IRL money the list goes on.
The Support Team never ignore reports. If you believe a player is breaking the TOS please report it either in-game or at Support@onethumbmobile.com and the case will be reviewed.
Without going into specifics, we can only ban with evidence. Many who do break the TOS are smart about it but eventually get caught.
Any evidence that can be provided to support your claim is greatly appreciated. While saying X is doing Y is investigated the more evidence you can provide the faster we can take action.

bob the mage wrote:2) Does plat buying go into the support team's consideration for whether or not a player gets banned, or what type of ban they get?

No.

bob the mage wrote:3) does time playing the game count in the support team's consideration for whether or not a player gets banned, or what type of ban they get?

Also no.

bob the mage wrote:4) Why the lack of consistency in what actions get a ban? An account seller on one server may get banned, whereas a larger one may escape scratch free. A trash talker victim X may get told to use block button, whereas for victim Y, their trash talker gets banned.

For the account selling question I've essentially covered the topic in question 1.
As for the in-game chat, while context is key we've started taking stricter measures against abusive chat. We always recommend the block feature as 9/10 it resolves the issue but all reports are taken seriously and reviewed.

bob the mage wrote:Although the TOS highlights the rules, and that they may result in a ban, in reality, it is a lot less concrete.
My curiosity is:
1) what exactly does the OTM review process consist of?

Once an appeal is received with the necessary account information (don't send in an appeal saying I have been banned please unban me.) it will be reviewed by a member of our appeals team.
A series of questions will be asked to verify the owner is the original creator of the account, followed by questions related to the ban.
All of the above is then factored into the players appeal.

bob the mage wrote:2) Are there any red flags that result in instant action? Any flags that result in the ticket being ignored?

If an account has been found to be selling in-game goods for IRL money they will not be able to appeal. If you are not the original owner of the account you cannot appeal. If you have said horribly racist, derogatory, sexist etc chat you probably cannot appeal.

If you are abusive to the Appeals Team you will be ignored.

While we are on the topic, appeals sent to my inbox will be requested to contact Appeals. I handle general questions, minor support queries and good chat. Larger issues will be directed to the official channels.

Hope that covered your questions.
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Im not sure if i understood the chat part right, but no abusive chatting (sexist racist etc). But i took off the profanity filter as sometimes when i say things like "class" the 3 last letters of the word gets starred and i wasnt able to tell what i previously said on some ocasion or what others were saying. I was just wondering if we could get some sort of ban or warning for bad language even tho when i say assasin i am not talking about butts (first 3 letters). This may seem like a dumb question but i am just double checking.
Anywho have a great day:)

Stephone wrote:Im not sure if i understood the chat part right, but no abusive chatting (sexist racist etc). But i took off the profanity filter as sometimes when i say things like "class" the 3 last letters of the word gets starred and i wasnt able to tell what i previously said on some ocasion or what others were saying. I was just wondering if we could get some sort of ban or warning for bad language even tho when i say assasin i am not talking about butts (first 3 letters). This may seem like a dumb question but i am just double checking.

Assassin's have two butts
Would you kindly?

Everything wrote:
Stephone wrote:Im not sure if i understood the chat part right, but no abusive chatting (sexist racist etc). But i took off the profanity filter as sometimes when i say things like "class" the 3 last letters of the word gets starred and i wasnt able to tell what i previously said on some ocasion or what others were saying. I was just wondering if we could get some sort of ban or warning for bad language even tho when i say assasin i am not talking about butts (first 3 letters). This may seem like a dumb question but i am just double checking.

Assassin's have two butts

Well you certainly wouldn't want to half assassin it

Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Wolvekiller wrote:I also reported some person that traded account with proper evidence and he still playing the game. I can’t believe it!!

For the sake of transparency i will discuss this further.

In the email you sent you provided third party evidence. Now, while this will be investigated action cannot be taken on this alone. We have no control over this data and it can be easily manipulated.
We do however investigate accounts from third party evidence. The account in question (no naming and shaming) was reviewed and banned by our Support Team.

Don't worry you will be fine. There is currently no automated system for chat review.
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Hey Muldar,
Thank you for replying so quickly and in depth to this thread, it really helps alleviate some of the uncertainties and curiosities that myself, my clannies, and I'm sure many others have had, especially with the recent upswing in "banhammer" activity.

I had one final question regarding this topic that I forgot to include previously. Recently someone I knew was banned for "grieifng" after video evidence was sent, and I was curious as to what OTM's defintion of "grieifng" is, and how OTM verfies that videos are recent and not just old videos that are being submited now. I'm not posting this to argue the grounds for why this player was banned, nor to try and appeal for it, but I'm just asking for further clarification. I understand you can't reveal the whole process, otherwise it would become easier for dishonest players to find loopholes around it, but any insight you can share would greatly help.

Thank you for your time Muldar and Tadaah,
Bobthemage
Gwydion - Guardian of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 224 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

CD Swapping since 2016

I have friends that’s have been banned for something they didn’t do. For example “Scamming”. Some of them still have not received an unban. Do you know when this bug/issue will be resolved? Also another issue is that scammers seem to make fakes of people. This could be the reason some of the actual main people are getting banned. Other then the false bans, I am very proud of otm laying down the law on some of these people. Would love a response to how you will resolve the issues though. :D
-Guardian Of Thereal (Rosmerta) :)
-Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: Celtic Heroes Gameplay