Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Yuletide Fishing Extravaganza!

That explanation on the selling price of ling is ridiculous. If they were not supposed to have a value then oops on otm. The fact is they did have value of 200 ea. Some players benefited while others were left out. More than likely the ones that were left out were the ones competing because they didn't have extra time. They were catching as many as possible. To me that is not quite right.

I am sure your support team has heard this one before....

"I didn't mean to buy $99 worth of plat.... I did do it and then spent it all buying items with it but I only meant to buy $9 worth. So please refund me $90... even though I have the items from all the play"

Bet that doesn't make you guys feel great. That's what you have done to the players. The prices were set and then you gave a 20 min server reset notice with an oh by the way. If an adjustment that drastic was needed then a longer warning should have been given.

I know I competed because I knew If I didn't win I was still farming gold. Well that's not gonna happen..... instead of taking responsibility for OTM's error, you punish your users.

There is a right way and a wrong way to handle issues like this and OTM chose to handle this poorly.

That explanation on the selling price of ling is ridiculous. If they were not supposed to have a value then oops on otm. The fact is they did have value of 200 ea. Some players benefited while others were left out. More than likely the ones that were left out were the ones competing because they didn't have extra time. They were catching as many as possible. To me that is not quite right.

I am sure your support team has heard this one before....

"I didn't mean to buy $99 worth of plat.... I did do it and then spent it all buying items with it but I only meant to buy $9 worth. So please refund me $90... even though I have the items from all the play"

Bet that doesn't make you guys feel great. That's what you have done to the players. The prices were set and then you gave a 20 min server reset notice with an oh by the way. If an adjustment that drastic was needed then a longer warning should have been given.

I know I competed because I knew If I didn't win I was still farming gold. Well that's not gonna happen..... instead of taking responsibility for OTM's error, you punish your users.

There is a right way and a wrong way to handle issues like this and OTM chose to handle this poorly.
You fish? And you thought 200 gold per ling was good? Lmao......even trollling prized pike in shalmont would get you more than ling farming ever could even at 200. And I hate trolling for shimmering or ling for that matter and 2000 ling for gold nodens and I caught 3 while competition ten total since the expansion, so for me doing the competition was pointless so I didn't even bother. I mean it looked fun but trolling fish is pretty newbish for my type of fishing anyway.

Wow don't level to 180 pools please, trolling won't work there anyway.

I think you missed my point. Here it is again.

OTM dropped the price of a fish by 90% (From 200 to 20) DURING a fishing contest for that exact fish!!!! Apparently this was announced as a "oh ps" mid competition during a patch to fix other unrelated issues. Knowing all the while that it would go unnoticed by the people competing because they were busy ummm I don't know. COMPETING!!!!

It's no different than them changing the prizes to only include the first place winner mid competition. We get to the end and spots 2-10 are looking for their prizes. OTM's response is we announced it in patch update 1234 as a ps that due to the high number of people that actually spent hours and hours fishing we decided that 10 prize positions were to many. So spots 2-10 sorry for the inconvenience.

Changing the price is fine. The timing and communication from OTM is the issue. Announce that it is changing next week and give the competitors time to turn theirs in.

You could even tie it to the storyline as "the ling competition was a huge success. Due to the high number of ling caught their population does noes pose such a high threat to the native fish in lirs. They are no longer in such a high demand and their value has been diminished". Or something.....

Re: How to private message

How do I send about my account privet message to Admin
Hi MeniSason,
To send a pm first you need 5 forum posts. Easiest way to get this is just to reply until you reach 5.
From there, click here to view the list of Admins. I’m not sure which one you need to pm or I would provide the specific url to pm, but from that list you can select who you need to pm. From there you will want to find the option to “send __ a private message” from their profile.

If you have any further questions feel free to quote me in this response and I’ll assist as best as I can.
Good luck,
-Bob
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at