Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Culinary Mage Recipes

I was the first to start solo farming these mobs on Danu.
I was the first to stop as well.
Honestly its not worth it.

I was one of the players that hit 170 cooking in the first few days the update came out, I stopped playing the game altogether after i realised how much cooking was gonna affect the game... its just gonna be another non stop grind on top of non stop camping, farming runes, etc etc... the game was becoming more like a chore and not fun anymore so i had no choice but to quit i guess.

Still hoping to try out Corrupted Gardens though.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is a forum about Celtic Heroes. Please refrain from posting about or advertising other competitor games on any section of the forum.
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

The drop rate is indeed excruciatingly low for the recipe books - especially for the work involved with killing these mini-bosses every 15 minutes or so. I don't think OTM thought it through regarding how much work has become involved in their game. How is this fun?
Not fun at all.

3 days now without Celtic Crack and counting...
A n e x a n d e r
Ranger of Avalon
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid.

You guys apparently don’t understand the concept of farming or the framework of horizontal content

Horizontal content

Content designed for players to have to be active in separate from the main gameplay. It drives me nuts to hear the whiners who want to take away the depth of the game. If you had access to all the recipe books and didn’t have to farm them then you would be complaining at how stagnant the game is. As a high level chef that only has one recipe book I wouldn’t mind if it takes months to get them all. I finally have something to do that isn’t mindless standing at a boss waiting for it to spawn. And I’ve farmed hundreds of these bosses - I can’t get enough ingredients. Do you realize the food you can cook is end game, raid level, difference making, game changing food? My clan mates and I have killed over 300 of these bosses and only got 2 recipes, and are quite pleased with the fact that that has happened. It would water down the game if it was easy to adjust your says so easily. The difference this food makes is more drastic that most royal level raid gear.

Farming

The act of repeatedly doing something to obtain materials or to obtain that rare drop. Every successful, fun, end game based mmorpg has an element of farming. I am glad to see CH add an additional farming outlet that isn’t armor based. In other games I’ve killed mobs for weeks, even months trying to get that one desired item. It’s part of the game. It’s what gives it its richness. I remember how thrilled I was when I got that one recipe that i personally own, I immediately went to our clan media site and posted how excited I was and that I was ready to start cooking for the clan. That would have been taken away if the drop rate wasn’t as rare as it is. (I had to kill about 120 or more mobs to get that book). I would much rather spend hours farming and getting ingredients that I’ll be able to eventually use to help the clan out (or sell the food if you are a selfish player) than to spend hours killing mobs for exp and not getting anything that helps anyone out.

Please please please do not change the drop rate of the books, rather look at making each mob drop 3 items instead of the random 1-3.

I know the ch grind VERY well, but I expect my effort to be rewarded in a reasonable amount of time. One month later and not seeing a single book from the personal kills I have put in has made me salty, so I’m sorry if I fail to understand the pain of not having enough ingredients. :roll:

Also, these Mages require a group effort to kill, unless you’re able to dual log ..and if no one is willing to help kill them anymore because they drop rate is too low, it makes it even harder for the people who have no clan or multiple devices to acquire the receipes. I’m lucky enough to be able to dual but that only further adds to the frustration of the effort I’m putting in.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Really the developers need to review the psychology of keeping people addicted to something (CH in this case). Players need payoffs for their efforts at reasonable intervals to keep them playing, with the hope for a big payoff. That’s how slot machines, video poker, and other games work. Nobody is going to play a slot machine if it never pays out anything except a one in a million jackpot. Players get little jolts to the pleasure center in their brain and it makes them keep playing.

Just grinding with seemingly no payoff (killing hundreds of culinarians for one recipe book) will just make people quit trying.

The dragons are a related phenomena - an item that gives the user basically superpowers, but is completely unattainable to most players. Really, how many people are going to (or could) spend thousands of rl dollars to buy a virtual dragon in a game on their phone? If I see somebody on the game with a level 6 dragon, I feel sorry for them - they obviously have a problem and need help.
Don’t feel sorry for them. Some people are extremely lucky and have acquired them without breaking bank....bu the drop rate for them is still ridiculous. I got my dragon thanks to winning 3 and getting three more eggs from friends with insane luck, so It’s not wise to lump everyone with dragons as having problems or make judgements on players based on their gear tbh.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Deleted / edited posts for the following reason: This is a forum about Celtic Heroes. Please refrain from posting about or advertising other competitor games on any section of the forum. These posts are liable to be immediately deleted.

----------------------------------

On the topic of Culinary Mage Recipes, we are constantly reviewing feedback received from players and our analytic data to judge if adjustments are required.

While we have nothing planned at this time we will continue to review it over the coming months.

All feedback is appreciated on the topic so thank you very much for doing so.

I think maybe more recipes bosses might be the answer rather than increasing the drop rates. Four is a very low number with quite a long spawn time as well.

If you think the ingredients needed and the recipes between a whole server it really isn’t a lot. If they were to increase theboss3 then the drop rate wouldn’t be as bad. As it stands the drop rate is horrible yes.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

I think maybe more recipes bosses might be the answer rather than increasing the drop rates. Four is a very low number with quite a long spawn time as well.

If you think the ingredients needed and the recipes between a whole server it really isn’t a lot. If they were to increase theboss3 then the drop rate wouldn’t be as bad. As it stands the drop rate is horrible yes.
The respawn time is 18-20 mins. By the time you kill the 4th one you can cycle back to the 1st...
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage

The respawn time is 18-20 mins. By the time you kill the 4th one you can cycle back to the 1st...
Yes this is true and although I have tried this I still find the drops are always ingredients and of course because I am soloing them I do have plenty of time. That being said when others start farming this make things a bit harder as there are not enough bosses in total :(
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +