Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Auction Bots

#1
I’ve noticed that some sellers always restart their auctions in the Auction House. I know about two sellers (never seen them in game btw), their auctions are in the Auction House since I started playing, always the same items and it looks like always have an actual bid on them which is also always the same amount (for example Wight Essence "currently" at 2833 gold). After when it’s expired the auction will pop up again. Is it possible that they are auction bots? Although I don’t see the point behind this because nobody will buy these items, ever.
Last edited by Gerbid on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Auction Bots

#2
I've also noticed similar things in the Balor AH. My best guess has been that they don't want to pay for bank expansions, so use the AH for additional storage. Put a ridiculous buy out price and use a ridiculous starting price, to ensue it's not sold, then you've got another potential 5 storage slots, in theory.
I could be wrong, but that's the best explanation I could think of for it.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Re: Auction Bots

#3
Robbo5000 wrote:I've also noticed similar things in the Balor AH. My best guess has been that they don't want to pay for bank expansions, so use the AH for additional storage. Put a ridiculous buy out price and use a ridiculous starting price, to ensue it's not sold, then you've got another potential 5 storage slots, in theory.
I could be wrong, but that's the best explanation I could think of for it.

Don't think that's the case because if somebody want to by-pass bank expansions just easier to make a new character with unlimited backpack instead of putting items into the Auction House over and over again. For that matter most of these items are just useless junk which no one wants to keep (like Wight Essence).

Re: Auction Bots

#4
Gerbid wrote:
Robbo5000 wrote:I've also noticed similar things in the Balor AH. My best guess has been that they don't want to pay for bank expansions, so use the AH for additional storage. Put a ridiculous buy out price and use a ridiculous starting price, to ensue it's not sold, then you've got another potential 5 storage slots, in theory.
I could be wrong, but that's the best explanation I could think of for it.

Don't think that's the case because if somebody want to by-pass bank expansions just easier to make a new character with unlimited backpack instead of putting items into the Auction House over and over again. For that matter most of these items are just useless junk which no one wants to keep (like Wight Essence).

Like I said, it was my best guess. Mainly because I can't think of any other logical reason. Using another character does make most sense. Though I suppose if the person wants to use the second slot for an alt, then my idea could be valid, if a little strange.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Re: Auction Bots

#6
Robbo5000 wrote:
Gerbid wrote:
Robbo5000 wrote:I've also noticed similar things in the Balor AH. My best guess has been that they don't want to pay for bank expansions, so use the AH for additional storage. Put a ridiculous buy out price and use a ridiculous starting price, to ensue it's not sold, then you've got another potential 5 storage slots, in theory.
I could be wrong, but that's the best explanation I could think of for it.

Don't think that's the case because if somebody want to by-pass bank expansions just easier to make a new character with unlimited backpack instead of putting items into the Auction House over and over again. For that matter most of these items are just useless junk which no one wants to keep (like Wight Essence).

Like I said, it was my best guess. Mainly because I can't think of any other logical reason. Using another character does make most sense. Though I suppose if the person wants to use the second slot for an alt, then my idea could be valid, if a little strange.


Its so easy to get a little plat from chests to buy extra character slots though. Literally every time i buy chests i get anywhere from 60-300 plat. More than enough to purchase most things needed in store.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: Auction Bots

#7
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Robbo5000 wrote:
Gerbid wrote:Don't think that's the case because if somebody want to by-pass bank expansions just easier to make a new character with unlimited backpack instead of putting items into the Auction House over and over again. For that matter most of these items are just useless junk which no one wants to keep (like Wight Essence).

Like I said, it was my best guess. Mainly because I can't think of any other logical reason. Using another character does make most sense. Though I suppose if the person wants to use the second slot for an alt, then my idea could be valid, if a little strange.


Its so easy to get a little plat from chests to buy extra character slots though. Literally every time i buy chests i get anywhere from 60-300 plat. More than enough to purchase most things needed in store.

Way easier to make another different account, and (if you have multiple devices) trade from toon to toon. If you don't have multiple, it's still good to mail to the other toon.
[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests