Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: CH Purely Pay To Win Gaming? Yes/No

The OP and Zkills insist it's not pay to win. The rest of players do. We can leave it at that.
Lmao clearly. By "the rest of us" do you mean you and 3 other endgame know it alls that think they're always right just because they're endgame?

You don't know what a pay to win is, clearly. So stop trying argue against the actual definition

Pay to progress quicker is an ACTUAL definition commonly used amongst the gaming community. It basically means you arnt forced to buy plat, but buying plat speeds up the progress. So so ignorant :roll:
You're right. I'm changing my opinion of what makes a game p2w to yours which is if you don't have to pay its not p2w even if someone else had to pay. I used to think console games were p2w since you have to buy them to win. But I gave my son my ps3 games he can win them without paying. And GoW isn't p2w either. You just have to find someone else to spend money on your acct so you won't have to and then it's not p2w according to your definition. I like it.
To some players, CH endgame is free. Just like some kids think food is free and houses are free. Because their parents pay for it.
YES YOU CAN KILL NECRO WITHOUT PLAT ITEMS. Done. You just need to use your brains instead of sheer numbers. Druids would become more important, shield bash may become more important, energy boost may be important, spring of life may actually be viable..
Maybe today. Not when the soft cap was 190 and there was no such thing as Exalted and other OP lux. Back then, Necro was a pay-to-win endgame boss. Using idols on Necro means you're already dependent on plat items to win the encounter. Gelebron is the endgame. Show me a clan at this point that can kill Gelebron without using any single plat item.

And, you guys are forgetting about the free offers, which make you spend $0, and you can buy your hotbars and whatnot.
Again, just because you don't pay for something, doesn't mean it's free. It's just a narrow view of the real world. Free plat cost advertising $$, so the fact that you need platinum to buy hotbars which you need to play effectively, then it's also a pay-to-win.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

And so, I'm dragged back into this again...

NO IT IS NOT PAY TO WIN.

YES YOU CAN KILL NECRO WITHOUT PLAT ITEMS. Done. You just need to use your brains instead of sheer numbers. Druids would become more important, shield bash may become more important, energy boost may be important, spring of life may actually be viable.

And, you guys are forgetting about the free offers, which make you spend $0, and you can buy your hotbars and whatnot.
Ok, agree 99%;
offers etc allow you to get plat items, thus plat does not always equate to cash (a majority of the time yes, but not always).
While paying for stuff does make life easier, and that does fit into the p2w side of the equation, the original question was "is Celtic Heroes PURELY p2w".
Thus, while much of it (especially end-game) is very p2w for impatient people, you can get by on offers and farming (and yes, even merching).

(the 1% was the clarification)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

The OP and Zkills insist it's not pay to win. The rest of players do. We can leave it at that.
Lmao clearly. By "the rest of us" do you mean you and 3 other endgame know it alls that think they're always right just because they're endgame?

You don't know what a pay to win is, clearly. So stop trying argue against the actual definition

Pay to progress quicker is an ACTUAL definition commonly used amongst the gaming community. It basically means you arnt forced to buy plat, but buying plat speeds up the progress. So so ignorant :roll:
You're right. I'm changing my opinion of what makes a game p2w to yours which is if you don't have to pay its not p2w even if someone else had to pay. I used to think console games were p2w since you have to buy them to win. But I gave my son my ps3 games he can win them without paying. And GoW isn't p2w either. You just have to find someone else to spend money on your acct so you won't have to and then it's not p2w according to your definition. I like it.
Now you're sounding like an idiot. That wouldn't be Pay to win lmao, that would be Pay to play. But if you didn't buy the game then technically it is playing for free.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Well to answer the original question me and a friend of mine ( more active than me ) started CH from scratch together, I'm lvl 112 and he's 210 by now with good lux, we both can't pay in game due to our country doesn't offer that option, it was long and tiresome, but here we are, I bought the starter pack and some hotbars from offers too
Arrow
Head
( 100+ ) Lir

Now you're sounding like an idiot. That wouldn't be Pay to win lmao, that would be Pay to play. But if you didn't buy the game then technically it is playing for free.
Oh sweet. Name calling. I guess it takes one to know one. You said that CH wasn't p2w because you didn't have to spend money to win. So if I give my son my old ps3 games then it's f2p and f2w. Same if my son gets a GoW acct and plays and I spend thr money necessary for him to win... Since he didn't spend money on it, it's f2p and f2w.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I need to stop coming on the forums. Everytime I see some of these posts I swear I start to lose brain cells. Thank god im not on the same server as you
Weird how we feel the same exact way about each other.

Zkills: it's not p2w if I don't have to spend money to progress

Me: so any game where I'm not directly spending money to progress or win isn't p2w?

Zkills: you're an idiot
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I need to stop coming on the forums. Everytime I see some of these posts I swear I start to lose brain cells. Thank god im not on the same server as you

Me: so any game where I'm not directly spending money to progress or win isn't p2w?

Summed up beautifully.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Can I just ask something?
Why the fudge popsicle sticks does this matter?
The game is what it is, it doesn't matter what side of the spectrum, if there even is a spectrum, its on... CH is CH enough said, if you don't like how the game is offer feedback, but truthfully who cares if its pay to win or not? If you don't like that you can buy chests to get ahead find another game... that is how Ch is, if you don't like how an aspect of the game is reliant upon rl money, talk about that... but all this back and forth is so pointless...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

No... just no... you are completely altering the point for whatever damn reason, I guess to prove that I'm somehow wrong and you're somehow right? Your brain cells must have died long ago

Here we were talking about Microtransactions and then you all the sudden bring up a completely different topic that has nothing to do with micro transactions... as I said, people like you will go to the end of the world trying to prove that you are never wrong.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge