Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Zone Disruption / Resetting Bosses

6 years this december, that's besides the point. You are right and allowed to voice your discontentment with OTM's less than prompt reply to this issue that has been ongoing since the beginning of Carrow and brought to the spotlight during the Garanak event. What you are absolutely not allowed to do is derail this thread and inundate it with your childish tantrum that OTM is finally dishing out a suitable punishment to people who attempt to disrupt others gameplay using exploits that impact the game in a negative manner.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

So my question still stands, why is it just now such a big deal when it has been around for so long?
While it has been around for a long time that does not mean we should excuse its usage.

It is an exploit and it's recent increased popularity has simply brought light to an issue that needs to be resolved.
You let this happen. I speficillyl told you about this 3 years ago and nothing happened. Which meant to us players it was normal game play. Banning people for this is out of line.
This align EXACTLY with my thoughts. Metallica hit the nail on the head. Banning people for it IS a step in the right direction but not before telling them. Maybe a notification stating they’ve been flagged for said behavior.

As summarized by Morgana in a thread LONG ago, any critical game breaking bugs get addressed VERY QUICKLY. Appareantly this isn’t game breaking until the correct person complains, as it has been around for years.

6 years this december, that's besides the point. You are right and allowed to voice your discontentment with OTM's less than prompt reply to this issue that has been ongoing since the beginning of Carrow and brought to the spotlight during the Garanak event. What you are absolutely not allowed to do is derail this thread and inundate it with your childish tantrum that OTM is finally dishing out a suitable punishment to people who attempt to disrupt others gameplay using exploits that impact the game in a negative manner.
I would say he has every right. Why are bans just now being passed out? There was never an address by OTM that it wasn’t acceptable till now and bans were given without any warning to the players. As much as I don’t agree with griefing, I disagree much more strongly with game developers punishing players for their own mistakes without giving players a fair warning. It’s okay to screw up but ignoring that for years and then punishing players for using the mistake you decided to leave in the game, knowing perfectly well what it can do, is just a terrible way to run a game. Maybe they should have acted promptly, like any reasonable development team does, to fix an issue rather than leaving it in the game for players to grow accustomed as being part of a game and then turn around and punish players without warning them. I mean an actual warning for players that pops up when they log in telling them that their actions are no longer going to be tolerated, not some forum post and then a ban within 24 hrs. Like I said earlier I don’t care if OTM bans someone for an exploit, it’s a problem when they are negligent of an issue for so long then decide to ban players without an actual warning.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

I don't disagree with you that OTM's handling of this was anything less than disorganised, untimely, and due long ago. To say that it is the WRONG decision because it's happened before without consequence is completely wrong. If a criminal commits a robbery, is it fair if his defence in court is the last time I committed a robbery I didn't get any punishment, therefore this time I shouldn't receive punishment either. Hell no it wouldn't be fair.

Youtube Series here

I would say he has every right. Why are bans just now being passed out? There was never an address by OTM that it wasn’t acceptable till now and bans were given without any warning to the players. As much as I don’t agree with griefing, I disagree much more strongly with game developers punishing players for their own mistakes without giving players a fair warning. It’s okay to screw up but ignoring that for years and then punishing players for using the mistake you decided to leave in the game, knowing perfectly well what it can do, is just a terrible way to run a game. Maybe they should have acted promptly, like any reasonable development team does, to fix an issue rather than leaving it in the game for players to grow accustomed as being part of a game and then turn around and punish players without warning them. I mean an actual warning for players that pops up when they log in telling them that their actions are no longer going to be tolerated, not some forum post and then a ban within 24 hrs. Like I said earlier I don’t care if OTM bans someone for an exploit, it’s a problem when they are negligent of an issue for so long then decide to ban players without an actual warning.

Ok. Yes, it is irresponsible and negligent that OTM took long to take action. But they finally did, and at this point is all that matters. That players who keep using this glitch to grief other players will get punish. Or What do you want? Since they didn’t took action before now they can’t? That they should still allow players to continue this sad behavior without punishment just because in the past players didn’t get punished? Or do you want a public apology from OTM for taking too long to take care of this issue?

A warning has been given, and now that most players are aware, we hope that this glitch is not longer use to grief other players. I do believe that OTM should send an in game mail about this issue for players that do not use the forum, that way nobody can’t say they haven’t been warned. Also an apology to old and new players who were negative affected due to this glitch.
Name: Madara uchiha
Power Lvl: 222
Fishing Lvl: 179
Cooking Lvl: 23

Name: ltachi Uchiha
Power Lvl: 121

Name: Julius Caesar
Power Lvl: 145

Ok. Yes, it is irresponsible and negligent that OTM took long to take action. But they finally did, and at this point is all that matters. That players who keep using this glitch to grief other players will get punish. Or What do you want? Since they didn’t took action before now they can’t? That they should still allow players to continue this sad behavior without punishment just because in the past players didn’t get punished? Or do you want a public apology from OTM for taking too long to take care of this issue?

A warning has been given, and now that most players are aware, we hope that this glitch is not longer use to grief other players. I do believe that OTM should send an in game mail about this issue for players that do not use the forum, that way nobody can’t say they haven’t been warned. Also an apology to old and new players who were negative affected due to this glitch.
I don’t think you understand... players recently got banned for a bug exploit that people have been doing for years because OTM allowed it. The bannings that Muldar described in the OP were before the forum post, which means those banned were done without warning.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

@ Muldar

http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... ts#p421710

http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... ts#p380280

http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... ts#p293114

http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... eset+spots

The last link was from July 2013, by me, explaining the issue and how it’s done, and received 43 replies on the topic. This isn’t new, Muldar.

(I just searched my own personal posts because I referred to them as reset spots. I’m sure there are many other topics)

I don’t think you understand... players recently got banned for a bug exploit that people have been doing for years because OTM allowed it. The bannings that Muldar described in the OP were before the forum post, which means those banned were done without warning.
The EULA would cover any of that. Just because OTM didn't take action doesn't mean they can't or aren't allowed to take it. The bans should be upheld as they are legitimate bans covered when you downloaded the game.

Youtube Series here

The EULA would cover any of that. Just because OTM didn't take action doesn't mean they can't or aren't allowed to take it. The bans should be upheld as they are legitimate bans covered when you downloaded the game.
Who’s arguing that the offence isn’t bannable? I’m sure no one knows what you’re on about. We all accepted ToS that state we don’t own any of our accounts. They could delete everyone’s toon. We ain’t dumb brah.

Clearly, if you read the entire topic, the argument isn’t that it’s not bannable, it’s that it’s been around for so long that it’s become normalised game play - because OTM allowed it.

Muldar said that it’s only recently a big issue but anyone that’s been on the forum for a while knows that isn’t true.

Muldar said that it’s only recently a big issue but anyone that’s been on the forum for a while knows that isn’t true.
I'm going to clarify, correct and lock this thread. I've made our stance known, if there is any further discussion it can be PMd to myself.

First, I've been in no way meaning to come across as "this has not been an issue until now" or "this is a new issue". This has always been an issue. However its recent increased usage as a griefing tool has caused us to review and strengthen our policy on players using exploits.

We've been planning to review and fix this issue for some time, I agree a fix could have came sooner and perhaps we were naive in our estimation on how much it was being used or that it was only being used non maliciously. In my two + years here it has only came up a handful of times.
(some may however be confusing two exploits, one being a previous terrain issue and one being the issue reported currently.)

Players doing said exploit will be given a warning of a temp ban of typically 3 - 5 days upon sufficient evidence, if they continue that ban will extend.

Thanks for your feedback.