Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gelebron or Game of Thrones Season Finale

First season was actually amazing, I had high hopes, then they butchered the following characters plots:

Sansa
Arya
The House of Black and White
Dorne and all things associated
Euron
Victarion
Rickon
Stannis
Littlefinger
Lady stoneheart
Young Griff
Varys
Magister Illyrio
Vramyr Sixskins

I could go on but it's getting boring I'll leave it at this.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Chaotic wrote:First season was actually amazing, I had high hopes, then they butchered the following characters plots:

Sansa
Arya
Euron
Victarion
Rickon
Stannis
Littlefinger
Lady stoneheart
Young Griff
Varys
Magister Illyrio
Vramyr Sixskins

I disagree, the plots may not have gone where
You expected but that's what I love about the show is how Martin takes 30+ characters and develops their plots uniquely but also in a way where they tie into everyone else's. The character development and plot development is amazing, especially compared to other shows.

This season finale was everything I could have hoped for (won't spoil anything dw), and I can't wait for season 8.
Gwydion - Voted Top Noob of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 226 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

Hmmmmmmmm

bob the mage wrote:I disagree, the plots may not have gone where
You expected but that's what I love about the show is how Martin takes 30+ characters and develops their plots uniquely but also in a way where they tie into everyone else's. The character development and plot development is amazing, especially compared to other shows.

Yes Martin does that. Sadly he doesn't write the shows (except for 1 Ep a season in the earlier ones). D&D do the shows and they butchered the characters badly, it detracts from the original story which I have read intently and enjoy greatly.

Youtube Series here

I haven't read the books and I'm a late comer to the show, but I still think game of thrones is by far one of the best shows currently on television. No show will be perfect however.
Gwydion - Voted Top Noob of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 226 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

Hmmmmmmmm

Aileron wrote:Lol anyone who read the books know things got away with GRRM. If you don't think so, then I guess you're happy wasting 500 pages reading about Quentyn Martell.

I am happy wasting time reading anything about Planetos.

I can agree Quentyn Martell was slightly drawn out, there are easier ways to show us how out of control her dragons are. However, it may be important in regards to the sun setting prophecy.

Youtube Series here

You can't butcher something never included ....but the only thing they did right regarding Dorne was Oberyn. I love the show, it's my favorite thing on television - top 3 favorite shows of all time ..but the books just have so much more to offer. However, I don't mind the condensed version, it makes both versions special and will give us something different once GRRM hopefully finishes.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Chaotic wrote:I am a book purist and have been all my life.

There is no question that books will always be better. But they are two different mediums and it's not a 30-year show so they need to have an ending that resolves all loose ends this year and next.

But one has to admit that the books do have a lot of convoluted and unnecessary plot deviations. The 5th book - A Dance With Dragons didn't really move storylines forward much, with over a thousand pages, one should expect something to happen. Instead we got long winded accounts of the travels of Tyrion, Quentyn and Aegon.

If there was a little bit more worthy material in that book, then the last couple of seasons would still be adapting it. Who would really want to see a couple of episodes dedicated to Tyrion in a dwarf circus.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

bob the mage wrote:
Chaotic wrote:First season was actually amazing, I had high hopes, then they butchered the following characters plots:

Sansa
Arya
Euron
Victarion
Rickon
Stannis
Littlefinger
Lady stoneheart
Young Griff
Varys
Magister Illyrio
Vramyr Sixskins

I disagree, the plots may not have gone where

This season finale was everything I could have hoped for (won't spoil anything dw), and I can't wait for season 8.

It was meh, would be better if it had some epic battle and if the mountain fought the kingslayer

http://dragonsouls.gamerlaunch.com