Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Honestly, what is the point of low drop rates?

Don't get me wrong, I 100% understand and agree with certain items being hard to get. But some items haven't even appeared in the game yet.

Lets take a void moon helm from mordris for example. The drop rate (not exaggerating) actually has to be something along the lines of 0.0001%. With the 10+ servers that we have an clans consistently killing the boss ON SPAWN for the past 3 years and not a SINGLE one to drop?! It is an insult to the developers who make this cool gear that it will never see the light of day in the game. Or maybe 1 helmet will make its way through every 5 years or so.

Id appreciate a red name response here as to why you guys feel the drop rate should be as low as it is. Maybe we can converse and find a happy medium for a new drop rate.
Gwydion - Xei - Warrior - 215
Taranis - Iridescence - Rogue - 225

Just want to make the game better.

Re: Honestly, what is the point of low drop rates?

These kind of drops will have an abysmal rate so end game players keep farming these raids.

For example, people still kill Hrungnir to this day, 4 years later, for a chance at void skulls or a higher end helms. Hrungnir is level 185, and the game has progressed to 220+. If this was an extremely popular desktop MMO, then Hrung would have become obsolete, because Hrung's loot would be massively upgraded through different raids as that company running the game would be bigger and better.

My take on this is that OTM, being a smaller company, takes their time with updates, if all of us were decked out in godly and void gear then a lot of us would get bored of killing raids.
Wattzon of Sulis

Certain items are designed to be "rare diamonds" with the intention of it only ever dropping a few times.

Some people may never see them, clans may never get one, however I can confirm it has and can still drop.

Is there an argument for boosting that rate, sure. Will it happen now while we are in crunch, probably not.

Certain items are designed to be "rare diamonds" with the intention of it only ever dropping a few times.

Some people may never see them, clans may never get one, however I can confirm it has and can still drop.

Is there an argument for boosting that rate, sure. Will it happen now while we are in crunch, probably not.
I think a lot of the time ppl overlook the fact that ch is a mobile game. even a rare diamond such as void moon helm shouldn't take 3+ years to drop. Low drop rates along with poor eg drop design are 2 of the biggest reasons eg clans still farm lower level raids. It's the reason lower clans are unable to progress as much as eg clans are able to. And the "fix" to this was apparently adding in the broken level lock system, and not simply boosting drop rates and updating eg content/drops.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

is this saying that a void moon helm has dropped before? 0.0
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple