Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

Been saying this for years. "Get rid of target lock".

If you really want to help people who take forever to lvl or lower clans that complain a lot, then have target lock for everything but raid bosses.

Don't just ignore this topic. You wanted players feedback, now here us out!

Best days for battles was before target lock when clans fought till the end to see who got killl. Was way more exciting and a lot for fun. Rogues using distract ;) good ol' days.
Belenus

naruto2 ranger 231
heal Druid 231
fireball mage 231
R0uge - rogue lvl 217

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

If they are the last 2 bosses than i feel like all levels past should have an equal chance plain and simple.

When the next teir of bosses come out is when possibly putting a level lock on the previous bosses should be considered.

Only my opinion for the last of the last boss/bosses of the game (gele/prot?. Idk what boss prot is). (I dont want a 200+ to out lock me on havgar :D )
Thanks for Cross Platform OTM!

I honestly think the level lock is trash. It should be how it used to be before. What ever group does the most damage at the end of a boss.

It used to be a problem mostly for mobs. Players would try to level and another player would come along and just steal the kill or drop/exp. That's gone now because of lock, but on bosses it's dumb. Especially since we are using "lockers" or "lock toons" instead of our mains to kill bosses. Endgame players get screwed more then anyone else. It should've never been implemented. If anything take it off all bosses 190+ or make it larger then a 10 level margin. Put it back to 20 levels. If someone wants to make it to 240 for prot/gele, go for it. Hell it'd make a lot of endgame players lix more to get those extra levels even though lixing is aweful past 221.
+100001
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

For years people have been screaming to get rid of level lock.. we've had countless threads, petitions, discussions etc etc etc.. why otm refuses to listen to it players baffles me..

Level lock is ridiculous people spend money to level them get penalized.. use simple logic someone can't unlevel to make things even in a fight, but another person can level more to increase dps to help lock.. get rid of this trash level lock system and u will have a ton of happy players.

If you really want to help people who take forever to lvl or lower clans that complain a lot, then have target lock for everything but raid bosses.

Best days for battles was before target lock when clans fought till the end to see who got killl. Was way more exciting and a lot for fun. Rogues using distract ;) good ol' days.
Ya man, but back then people didn't have op gear like there is today. Level lock is here for a good reason, give lower levels a chance at something. It was fun back then, but I don't think it would work present day
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Ya man, but back then people didn't have op gear like there is today. Level lock is here for a good reason, give lower levels a chance at something. It was fun back then, but I don't think it would work present day
There's pros and cons to the level lock system. It does clearly help lower level/newer clans with raids. Problem is it also penalizes people for leveling because the only good gear is obtained from those raids that are 30-40 levels below eg level. Not only that it penalizes players at eg raids.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

True but low levels can level up. Problem solved. You can reach 220 in no time now. Much easier than it used to be.
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

I am pretty sure OTM knows their own statistics. Morrigan is a ghost town with only one clan with limited resources (not able to get drops because of the hoarding of end game bosses throughout the years). If this current system (which has guided OTM by this top clan for many years) was working so perfectly there would be no need for cross platform. Morrigan would be filling up with players rising to compete against them. Instead they had to make it where already versed people on android can now play on any server opening up a Crack in this top clans armor. In my opinion 75 % of the current faults can be traced back to top clans guiding OTM to benifit them and not benifit all players. Just my observation from many years of playing both ios and android.
DR Derp of Donn
Meh

already suggested make the penalty begin once people are more then 50 levels above the boss allowing all end game players to compete on endgame bosses without lockers.

Wouldn't a target lock at 25% potentially fix most these issues, a target lock not effected by level. Low levels are somewhat protected because they can start a boss and once at 25% they cant be ksed, low levels ask for higher level players help on bosses half the time anyway so it really shouldn't be the biggest concern. If EG players didn't have a reason to kill lower level bosses a level locking system wouldnt even be needed.

Also based on past experience fully geared with my edl wep and offhand ive still outlocked semi full groups of low levels on falgreen, copper and other armour quest bosses, so your lock system doesn't even serve its true purpose and just messes with endgame players.......

I don't hate the idea of target lock, in fact I think it served it purpose well until recently. What I don't like is that the margins are way too small. 10 levels and 10% really is unreasonable, especially now with Critical hits and strikes, along with instant pet and mount damage. The target lock mechanics need to evolve with the game too. In my opinion it needs to drop to 20 levels and a minimum 25% damage before lock to make it more balanced again.

I find it counterintuitive for an end game player to be penalized against end game bosses, especially when it was the horizontal content that placed that player in this predicament in the first place. I doubt very much this was One Thumbs intention either.

Bounties are the only plat free way to get pet and mount tokens, they give purpose for many to log in daily and give great gold and experience bonuses. It's completely unfair to ask level 230 players to stop doing them for fear of over leveling. It's also unfair for the people who unknowingly over leveled to suffer the consequences; it's not like One Thumb was ever transparent to all players about their lock mechanics and the changes they made.

Oh and! By the way, the 10 levels over boss penalty is new(ish). It was 20 levels until some point when a ninja patch changed it to 10. I felt completely safe doing bounties and slowly crawling over 230 over the last 2 years and could continue to 240. It was not a conscious decision to go over the lock mechanic cap.

One Thumb said they weren't ever going to create new areas and increase mob levels, so why isn't there a hard cap? This also means any new boss will also be level 220 or less. Are those of us who are over 230 just expected to stand by while our clan tries competes for these bosses? I feel that all the money, time and energy I and also my clan (gear and dg armor) put into my toon is just a waste now.