Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Explain why DG Armour is not a total waste on a Druid or Mage...

I guess that is my point, IF

If a clan can barely get Gelebron once a week and often lacks numbers, then you have to prioritize.
It becomes less about who deserves and more about making the DPS of the clan stronger.

I am a DPS Druid Hybrid. DG would cripple my ability to do both heals and magic DPS.
I often am in the Lock group because keeping seven DPS members alive has a distinctive advantage.

I also believe Rangers clearly receive the biggest bonus impact from DG and should be first on the list.
Ranged DPS is clearly better in the tower than melee DPS.
But this can be debated elsewhere...

My main point is
If DG is limited then Druids and Mages should wait and prioritize making the clan stronger in order to kill Gelebron more often.

DG mages and druids are awesome vs Gele crystals.

And let's face it, the Gele encounter isn't about dps on Gele, he has less health compared to all the other bosses. It's really about how fast you can kill crystals that heals 60k per tick each.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

DG mages and druids are awesome vs Gele crystals.

And let's face it, the Gele encounter isn't about dps on Gele, he has less health compared to all the other bosses. It's really about how fast you can kill crystals that heals 60k per tick each.
Yep, agreed.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

When I consider how skill dependant Druids and Mages are, it really makes me question the practicality of DG Armour.
Sure, I could get my Focus to some amazing levels, but would that outweigh losing a skill or two?

Honestly the only end-game for Druids and Mages these days is drops from Gelebron. So the better the melee DPS is the easier it is to take Gelebron more often...

Seriously, where are I wrong on this?
I'm confused, mage EDL carries +8 for Fire Bolt, Ice Blast, Cloak of Fire, Energy Boost and Shield. Most of those are at best non-essential and at worst trash for end-game mages, with the obvious exceptions being Bolt and Blast. Most of the mages on my server / that i have seen posting on forums are single element anyway, so the skill point loss doesn't have a huge impact. Personally i'm using occult / EDL blend most of the time already anyway and i'm not suffering for points.

As has already been stated and based on the set we have in clan on Herne, the focus, Vit and fire / ice magic impact seems profound. Also, while dex is something i'd personally never put base points into or seek gear for for my Mage (atm i don't even have base points in Vit), it's kind of an unsung hero in that you dodge more of the stuff that'd stop you from casting as well as the obvious benefit of making your HP go farther. All in all, i'd actually say the caster sets are towards the best of all the DG sets ._.
General, LazyDrunks of Herne

SoloArtist - 220 Ranger, Full DG, T10 CG OH
Dracarys Istari - 222 Ice Mage
Elarya - 220 Druid
That Tickles - 215 Warrior
True Hubris - 200 Rogue

DG in order of importance in a competitive server: Ranger>Rogue>Druid>Mage (warriors dont even make the list).

DG in order of importance for non- competitive servers: 'whoever deserves the most'.
Could you explain why, on a competitive server, DG on a druid is more important than on a mage?
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

DG in order of importance in a competitive server: Ranger>Rogue>Druid>Mage (warriors dont even make the list).

DG in order of importance for non- competitive servers: 'whoever deserves the most'.
I'm surprised that people think Doch Gul is wasted on dps Warriors. It's only wasted on full time tanks imo, but as far as full DG goes for the warrior class, it gives them a very huge boost to dps. I'm full a DG rogue, and I've never seen a warrior get a kill over me or any other rogue before at end game raids until we gave out a warrior DG set. Now he's out dpsing rogues and rangers pretty consistently at mordris and other edl and legacy bosses. Imo, a warrior who actually knows how to stat and use the set right would probably be the second most beneficial class to gear because they get the largest boost. As far as rogues, unless you have the correct gear to compensate for lack of health, it's the least viable at gelebron and proteus.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Could you explain why, on a competitive server, DG on a druid is more important than on a mage?
Because mages getting a damage increase doesn't help the clan at all in regards to boss locks.
Druids also doesn't help the clan but a druid with doch set could probably solo heal every boss bar gele and a mage with doch gul is a minimal increase which fails to provide a substantial extra asset to the clan (in regards to locking).
dps Warriors
There is 3 dps classes, 1 tank class, and 1 healing class.

I'm full a DG rogue, and I've never seen a warrior get a kill over me or any other rogue before at end game raids until we gave out a warrior DG set.
This is exactly why.
Now he's out dpsing rogues and rangers pretty consistently at mordris and other edl and legacy bosses.
Either he is geared to the teeth compared to mediocre gear on rogues(at mord). Against a solid mage he shouldn't be getting any legacy kills except spider. 'Other edl' I can't comment on because edl bosses aren't really relevant besides 215/6 and most dps people can get a kill on 215/6 at least once.
As far as rogues, unless you have the correct gear to compensate for lack of health, it's the least viable at gelebron and proteus.
Exactly why rangers are the most important class and rogues second.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Because mages getting a damage increase doesn't help the clan at all in regards to boss locks.
Druids also doesn't help the clan but a druid with doch set could probably solo heal every boss bar gele and a mage with doch gul is a minimal increase which fails to provide a substantial extra asset to the clan (in regards to locking).
dps Warriors
There is 3 dps classes, 1 tank class, and 1 healing class.

I'm full a DG rogue, and I've never seen a warrior get a kill over me or any other rogue before at end game raids until we gave out a warrior DG set.
This is exactly why.
Now he's out dpsing rogues and rangers pretty consistently at mordris and other edl and legacy bosses.
Either he is geared to the teeth compared to mediocre gear on rogues(at mord). Against a solid mage he shouldn't be getting any legacy kills except spider. 'Other edl' I can't comment on because edl bosses aren't really relevant besides 215/6 and most dps people can get a kill on 215/6 at least once.
As far as rogues, unless you have the correct gear to compensate for lack of health, it's the least viable at gelebron and proteus.
Exactly why rangers are the most important class and rogues second.

Garanak, Skain, and 215 specifically. None of those are typically warrior kills.

What I'm saying is that the Doch Gul aura on Warriors is making Warriors on par with rogues and I am best geared rogue on the server ..my gear is nowhere near mediocre. Full aura, godly blood ring, godly/imp attack proteus braces, imperial divine dmg ring.. ...yes, he's geared pretty equally as well, but it wasn't until got the full DG he became a killing machine lol. So I think those clans that do have Warriors that choose to play dps roll over tanking should consider giving their best Warriors. Warriors aren't inferior with the aura, they are rivaling rogues. Rogues aren't suddenly becoming more op with the aura even if it seems we should be.

As for Druid and Mages, I think they're both important to gear...aura will cut down on amount of Druids needed and as someone said earlier, the dmg boosts helps a lot on Gele crystals, but nothing will rival a ranger at end game so if you're gearing to win locks then definitely gear rangers and rogues for locking the bosses like Proteus, Necro and Mordris. Otherwise, all classes are benefiting from the aura at raids if you focus on improving dps as a whole and not just an 8 person lock group.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu