Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Community Update - May

Thousands of people suffer? Everyone that has an issue with their server try's to xfer away and does it. There is like maybe 100 people that really wana get their toon.
<1000 people wanted to transfer servers since 2011.[citation needed]
Everyone that has an issue transfers away.[citation needed]
Only 100 people want their toon.[citation needed]
Also, no one will want go to the the list populated server, which would make some servers just die out.

One of the issues I remember seeing raised (don't remember if it was here) is the possibility of people going from server to server scamming. If they have to keep that toon on a server for a significant amount of time then I think it can lessen the damage they can do.

Transferring servers (in my opinion) isn't something that should be done on a whim. We don't know what OTM would have to do in order to make server transfers possible. Not just in general but for each transfer. Being able to just pick up and transfer on a whim could lead to other issues.

Knowing that you'll be on a server for the next 6 months or so would definitely encourage people to do their research and check out servers before transferring.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

I don't want to see a raid bosses stronger than gelebron.

I don't want to see a increase in lvl cap.

I don't want new gear to out perform, good gele gear.

I do want to see 175 dl that can drops crowns. (4hr timer)

I do want to see 220 edl that drops runes. (5hr timer)

Finally, I want the end of fashion tokens and revival of chest mounts.
MAIN: SangsDruid 220+ | ALT: Manifestus 220+ | ALT: Sang3000 223+
CLASS: Druid | Warrior | Rogue
WORLD: Arawn | Sulis | Sulis

One of the issues I remember seeing raised (don't remember if it was here) is the possibility of people going from server to server scamming. If they have to keep that toon on a server for a significant amount of time then I think it can lessen the damage they can do.

Transferring servers (in my opinion) isn't something that should be done on a whim. We don't know what OTM would have to do in order to make server transfers possible. Not just in general but for each transfer. Being able to just pick up and transfer on a whim could lead to other issues.

Knowing that you'll be on a server for the next 6 months or so would definitely encourage people to do their research and check out servers before transferring.
If you're dedicated to scamming you'll find a way no matter what. Lack of official world transfers isn't deterring any scammers.

We don't know what OTM has to do to make a server transfer sure, but we know they can do it. How do you think your toon gets onto a beta server? Explain these "other issues" because that's just filler just like we're seeing here with the "devalue muh rares" argument.

6 months is just a ridiculous amount of time. I don't understand how you can believe that is reasonable. I personally believe many people will stay on their servers for more than 6 months if they made an informed decision, but if you make a mistake and are now locked for the next 6 months? People won't play your video game forever.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

6 months is a good time it makes you do your research and it won't allow someone to just scam then xfer and repeat they would have to think twice bfor doing something like this and the person would have to think on what server they're going to the clans in the server the players in the server if its a quiet and peaceful server or a loud and argument filled server if there is server competition if its a PvP server or no one duels or goes in arena what the players attitudes on the server are if there are a lot of scammers there if their ability to boss would impede your progress or if you can maybe help them get a kill if its a thriving server or dieing server that u could maybe help out is it a lag filled over populated server if it is what are the main levels in that server are they mostly end game or a bunch of low or mid game lvls and all that this makes you think about the server you are going to xfer for and be smart on your decision and not just xfer kill a boss go back or steal boss drops then leave to ur other server and all this must be considered it would make the player think twice and it would not be something taken lightly

Never said scammers wouldn't scam. Just said it might help to "lessen" the damage the could potentially do.

Of course they CAN do server transfers. The issue has always been whether or not the WANTED to. And as for the other issues you'd mainly have to ask OTM about the reasons as to why they didn't do it.

I'd assume that creating a beta server and copying player info onto it before it goes live is different from putting player info onto a server that is already live and active. Is there gonna be down time every time someone wants to transfer? Maybe just slight lag? Personally I have no idea. So the other issues is basically to cover things that to me are unknown variables. Maybe you know all the technical aspects of how this would work but I sure don't.

And don't you EVER lump me in with those "devalue mah rares" people. I'll let it slide this time. Next time....I find you....lol

I don't see an issue with 6 months. Could be shorter for all I care. Just a though to deter an epidemic of server hoping. 3 month, one month, whatever. As long as people aren't on a new server daily. There needs to be some sense of stability even when allowing transfers. But since it will likely be a premium service anyway it will all be up to OTM's discretion.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Never said scammers wouldn't scam. Just said it might help to "lessen" the damage the could potentially do.

Of course they CAN do server transfers. The issue has always been whether or not the WANTED to. And as for the other issues you'd mainly have to ask OTM about the reasons as to why they didn't do it.

I'd assume that creating a beta server and copying player info onto it before it goes live is different from putting player info onto a server that is already live and active. Is there gonna be down time every time someone wants to transfer? Maybe just slight lag? Personally I have no idea. So the other issues is basically to cover things that to me are unknown variables. Maybe you know all the technical aspects of how this would work but I sure don't.

And don't you EVER lump me in with those "devalue mah rares" people. I'll let it slide this time. Next time....I find you....lol

I don't see an issue with 6 months. Could be shorter for all I care. Just a though to deter an epidemic of server hoping. 3 month, one month, whatever. As long as people aren't on a new server daily. There needs to be some sense of stability even when allowing transfers. But since it will likely be a premium service anyway it will all be up to OTM's discretion.
No u can't do this to me I don't wanna pay for it! :(

what will fix the issue is putting a significant price on transferring, 1000 plat. This would be a deterrent to scammers but ensure people who really want to get a toon or gear from an old server can. And gear should not be bound.
Dark Star 226 Ranger
VoodooChild 217 Mage
DireWolf 180 Rogue
General of Alliance

what will fix the issue is putting a significant price on transferring, 1000 plat. This would be a deterrent to scammers but ensure people who really want to get a toon or gear from an old server can. And gear should not be bound.
Going to be totally honest here, I don't want to pay 1000 plat to transfer my old toon from ios (2011) to my android server. Even if this would most likely keep scammers away but i have been playing for 6 years now and I would rather transfer for free but with a 3 month waiting time to transfer that toon back if I prefer my old server. Just a thought, thanks.
RageMoose
Rogue - 220
Clan - The Expendables
Server - Fingal