Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

Will each server have their own auction house, or will it be a platform-wide auction house? What are your thoughts of one AH shared across all servers per platform (iOS or Android)?

Some quick thoughts of my own regarding a single, shared AH:
  • * This would go a long way toward balancing the economies across worlds; would this be good or bad? (pros and cons here I am sure.)
    • * The prices of common necessities like lixes would be normalized across all servers
      * This would help balance out times when some servers currently experience scarcity of needed items, resulting in crazy prices.
    * This would allow all worlds the opportunity of gaining rare items that may currently be non-existant or scarce on some servers.
    * This could speed up the buying and selling process for items that would move more slowly in a single server, as the market would be much larger.
    * people that want to transfer items between worlds could now do it safely
Will probably have more thoughts to add later...
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

Re: Auction House: Per Server, or Platform-wide?

I have made investments in certain items over the years that if a cross server economy was created would make go broke instantly.
New players would have a massive advantage over older players.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Will each server have their own auction house, or will it be a platform-wide auction house? What are your thoughts of one AH shared across all servers per platform (iOS or Android)?
You must be new here. Que the rage posts.
Some quick thoughts of my own regarding a single, shared AH:
  • * This would go a long way toward balancing the economies across worlds; would this be good or bad? (pros and cons here I am sure.)

Bad overall. Each world has a different economy and it would crash many of them to suddenly mix after years of isolation.
  • * The prices of common necessities like lixes would be normalized across all servers
    * This would help balance out times when some servers currently experience scarcity of needed items, resulting in crazy prices.

* This would allow all worlds the opportunity of gaining rare items that may currently be non-existant or scarce on some servers.
* This could speed up the buying and selling process for items that would move more slowly in a single server, as the market would be much larger.
Except when everyone does this on all worlds it removes any benefit.
* people that want to transfer items between worlds could now do it safely
[/list]
Except you can't. If you put a low price someone could snipe it before you can buy it, for a high price you might just have well bought it in trade. You can more or less safely do it now by selling items for gold and xfering it in many small amounts. You can only be scammed a small sum then.

Will probably have more thoughts to add later...
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

+1. Great ideas. Cross server would definitely be the best. Of course the little kiddies will throw their tantrums claiming all sorts of nonsense, but what they want to believe is that they come from some sort of elite world and that nothing on it should ever leave. What they fail to realize is that cross servers will make all worlds better. Listen to the grown ups, cross server is the way to go.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

I bet 90% of the raid gear/dl and edl quest items going through the auction house would come from Epona. Good for the rest of us but terrible for Epona. -1
Yep I can see a big problem with raid gear being sold across servers if this were to be a platform wide auction house.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Auction House will be per server trading on launch.

There are currently no plans to make it cross-server, largely due to server economies.
Wait...so the auction house will remain dumb and stupid forever :o ?
Cross server trading is dumb. It introduces a lot more issues than perceived benefits. Each world has a different rate of advancement, and economics. It may work in other games but not CH. Good decision by OTM not to listen to Runescapers.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.