Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Nobody can log

Not sure if it's related to the bug I often get where I cannot log.

What fixes it is:
1) force close CH
2) turn off wifi (or cellular data whichever is the issue)
3) start CH and log, get the no connection warning
4) enable wifi (or cellular)
5) try to log again.

If your device is on wifi and gets the bug there, but also has cellular, simply disabling wifi and using cellular next log attempt also works.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

This is a separate issue, servers can't handle the influx of people logging and doesn't let people in.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

This all started last December when the servers supposedly had an "upgrade".
Turned out, it was a downgrade after all.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

This is a separate issue, servers can't handle the influx of people logging and doesn't let people in.
Lololol. I log 24 devices within 4 seconds on a regular basis. I'm prettt sure that is comparable to the "boss is up LOG NOW111!1!!!1!!1!!!" Issues people have been having.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Thing is this ain't a user problem our server is very diverse when it comes to where people are playing from Fridd is an Aussie and I'm in the states and we both experienced same issue along with others from Europe, and Middle East.

This issue only begun when like Ail said December after the server "upgrade".

This has been talked about and is still being an issue to all servers all over the world no matter what internet provider and availability you have.
Relentless the best clan around 8-)
(Don’t @me)

Proud member of CH since July 2011

Retired

I find it more of a game glitch rather than ch servers. This happened to me and I think I just completely turned of device and turned back on and it worked. Maybe something different happened to me than you guys.
Rogue Level 229+
Playing Since 2011 Yule

"Lol" -Unknown

Clansman of Seed
Turquoise collector ;)

Lololol. I log 24 devices within 4 seconds on a regular basis. I'm prettt sure that is comparable to the "boss is up LOG NOW111!1!!!1!!1!!!" Issues people have been having.
I can guarantee you this is a real issue. Maybe Gwydion and Morrigan are on the same crappy box. Just because it doesn't happen on your server doesn't mean players all over the world in Gwydion and Morrigan all have crap wifi or data networks at the same time.

I thought you were a smart guy and shouldn't discount user testimonies of login problems,, but you're just another one of those people who likes to challenge people to prove them wrong when you don't have any firsthand experience whatsoever.

You like math. Calculate what are the chances that 40 people around the world can't connect to the server for one hour because of a network or device issue on the players end and not because OTM's servers. I'd say infinitesimally low.

Next time it happens in Morrigan, we will post here again and if you can see the post in time, then try and login in our server. And bring your 24 devices. :roll:

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Do you solo mordris ? O.o
Hi

I can guarantee you this is a real issue. Maybe Gwydion and Morrigan are on the same crappy box. Just because it doesn't happen on your server doesn't mean players all over the world in Gwydion and Morrigan all have crap wifi or data networks at the same time.

I thought you were a smart guy and shouldn't discount user testimonies of login problems,, but you're just another one of those people who likes to challenge people to prove them wrong when you don't have any firsthand experience whatsoever.

You like math. Calculate what are the chances that 40 people around the world can't connect to the server for one hour because of a network or device issue on the players end and not because OTM's servers. I'd say infinitesimally low.

Next time it happens in Morrigan, we will post here again and if you can see the post in time, then try and login in our server. And bring your 24 devices. :roll:
The reason i posted is I do notice a problem, but it's like you read the post as "best login server ever". If I log all my toons quickly, often many of my devices will refuse to log. This persists nearly indefinitely once a device is affected- trying over and over or even just simply closing the app and starting it up again do not work. I tend to now log them slowly over a period of about 5 minutes rather than quickly. I would argue that you may not see this unless it's a boss call on a particular server because it seems logging in with more than a request per second or so tends to cause issues after some point.

It has to do with some issue around getting the initial connection to properly function with the login server as I have normal internet connectivity the entire time on each affected device. In fact, sometimes (not always) going to safari and opening a page, or using another app which uses data, then opening CH lets you then log.

Last time it was posted to the forum by friddo, I was able to log in within 2 minutes of the post (not sure if it was still affecting people though).
220+ toons

Toon histogram: