Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: By popular request: Flough's boss timer available to all clans on all servers!

Not everyone has an extra device or laptop open at all times. some of us work and don't play all day and an alarm helps.
I suppose the push notifications will help, but it's a future enhancement.

90% of my game time is on one device. You should be able to switch app windows very quickly without being logged out of CH. If you spend about 10 secs in the timer app you will be logged out of CH. I actually find the web version on our website (overlordies.com) cumbersome in comparison to switching windows on my S6 Edge. If necessary I'm happy to do a screen cap of a typical boss run to show all how it works.
Starting a timer on a boss is not my issue. It's knowing when something is due without going to the website. If I'm eating or working or napping or watching tv, I can't check the website every 10 minutes nor remember when something is due (what's the point if I remember when bosses are due?)

Think egg-timer. Do you check your egg timer every minute to see if it's done? or wait for the "ding!" ?
The way most of us use it, is to at a glance know whats up. I don't personally log in to it every 5 minutes. Usually someone in the clan checks it and announces "bolg 15m 205 22m 195 5m" and we all go. Not everyone in the clan needs to be checking all of the time. I often just ask "whats due" and someone has it running on a laptop and tells the clan.

I agree that notifications would be helpful, but really it hasn't been a problem for any of us . My primary focus is to get the IOS app deployed to the IOS store first. Then I will work on adding alarms/notifications.

I do appreciate the feedback though
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

Re: By popular request: Flough's boss timer available to all clans on all servers!

The way most of us use it, is to at a glance know whats up. I don't personally log in to it every 5 minutes. Usually someone in the clan checks it and announces "bolg 15m 205 22m 195 5m" and we all go. Not everyone in the clan needs to be checking all of the time. I often just ask "whats due" and someone has it running on a laptop and tells the clan.
But that requires you to be logged in the game.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Who cares if you have to be logged in to the game? No offense, but it isn't that hard to have two apps open and glance at the timer app then go back to the game.
RageMoose
Rogue - 220
Clan - The Expendables
Server - Fingal

Who cares if you have to be logged in to the game? No offense, but it isn't that hard to have two apps open and glance at the timer app then go back to the game.
lol you guys don't understand what I'm saying. Maybe I'm not explaining it clearly enough. Some folks got it, I'm sure. If that works for you guys, I don't have a problem with it. But I can't glance at the timer page every 5 minutes while I'm doing something else. I'd like to be notified when a boss is due, like I said, when I'm watching tv or when I'm in a grocery store doing some shopping, or when I'm working, or perhaps even when taking a nap, an alarm would be nice. Please tell me how, I really want to know.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

lol you guys don't understand what I'm saying. Maybe I'm not explaining it clearly enough. Some folks got it, I'm sure. If that works for you guys, I don't have a problem with it. But I can't glance at the timer page every 5 minutes while I'm doing something else. I'd like to be notified when a boss is due, like I said, when I'm watching tv or when I'm in a grocery store doing some shopping, or when I'm working, or perhaps even when taking a nap, an alarm would be nice. Please tell me how, I really want to know.
Glance at the timer and set an alarm? I get what you're saying but it feels like you're making it more complicated than it needs to be. Would it be more convenient if it had an alarm? Sure. But it's a free app that someone spent time developing and is allowing anyone to use that keeps an entire clan on times with bosses.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I get what you're saying. Id love to get an alarm when 215 is due. another feature im going to add is a "rally the troops feature" which allows admins to page all the members who opt in to being paged. ie when mordi or necro spawns you can get folks to login.

features will come including alarms and notifs
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

I get what you're saying. Id love to get an alarm when 215 is due. another feature im going to add is a "rally the troops feature" which allows admins to page all the members who opt in to being paged. ie when mordi or necro spawns you can get folks to login.

features will come including alarms and notifs
That would be awesome. Started to use the app since yesterday and it's already really helpfull!
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]