Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Server Connection Errors

So i was curious to know when otm was going to fix the server connection delays. it feels like they're running on a new old system similar to the prehistoric macs i used in elementary school that would take centuries to login because so many people tried to access the same server. even when i answer raid calls and try to login onto the celtic heroes server, i'm stuck on the 'connecting' display for up to 10 minutes untill i figure hell the boss is already dead not worth logging anymore and just close the app. fix as soon as possible the delays are starting to piss everyone off.
Morrigan
SeeBass
Catalytic
Noxious
Blowfish
Oktavius

Re: Server Connection Errors

So i was curious to know when otm was going to fix the server connection delays. it feels like they're running on a new old system similar to the prehistoric macs i used in elementary school that would take centuries to login because so many people tried to access the same server. even when i answer raid calls and try to login onto the celtic heroes server, i'm stuck on the 'connecting' display for up to 10 minutes untill i figure hell the boss is already dead not worth logging anymore and just close the app. fix as soon as possible the delays are starting to piss everyone off.
Is this happening frequently or upon server restarts?

Because it sounds like you may be having connection issues rather than the server having problems, due to the fact I imagine other clan mates are logging at the same time as you and getting in?

What device are you running the game on? Playing on WiFi or mobile connection?

I run lots of varied devices on iOS. The login server is very touchy. So for example on 24 devices I know to be connected to the internet perhaps 8 of them get stuck on login and 2-3 more the app crashes completely (more common in old devices but all do this even iPhone 6s+ and IPad Air 2 crash). Of those stuck in login I generally have to double tap the home button to switch to settings, turn off wifi or cellular data (or toggle airplane mode), open ch up and wait for a no connection found pop up, go into settings and reconnect, then try ch again. Sometimes I even need to repeat it a few times or force close ch, and repeat the whole process over again. I have full not just cached browser access the whole time I'm connected, other apps work fine, so the issue does not affect other apps connectivity on these devices. On one iPhone 5c running 10.2 the only thing that seems to work is to exit ch, open safari and request a web page, after it loads I switch back to ch and then it will log in - this is pretty reliable on that particular phone.

Takes me about 10 minutes on average to log all 24 and I agree it is taking longer than it used to even when it goes right.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Is this happening frequently or upon server restarts?

Because it sounds like you may be having connection issues rather than the server having problems, due to the fact I imagine other clan mates are logging at the same time as you and getting in?

What device are you running the game on? Playing on WiFi or mobile connection?
This happens when there are multiple people connecting at the same time. Doesn't matter what the wifi/mobile connection is.
The login server cannot handle multiple requests at the same time. It's junk since the change in hosts.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Server Connection Errors-a

My wifi is decent and I can play other games just fine but my friend and I have been expirencing crashing problem. Over a year ago when I started playing the game worked fine but now it crashes when I try to accses my inventory. I haven't been able to play the game at all recently and niether can my friends because the game crashes ecery few seconds. Updates have only made it worse. Can someone please fix this. Celtic is my favorite game and I really want to play actively again.
162 rogue

Re: Server Connection Errors-a

My wifi is decent and I can play other games just fine but my friend and I have been expirencing crashing problem. Over a year ago when I started playing the game worked fine but now it crashes when I try to accses my inventory. I haven't been able to play the game at all recently and niether can my friends because the game crashes ecery few seconds. Updates have only made it worse. Can someone please fix this. Celtic is my favorite game and I really want to play actively again.
If you are on android or iPhone try clearing your cache, it helps. On iOS you can do that by getting the swipe to lock banner and holding down the home button till it goes away.

Also on iOS you can double tap home button, swipe close CH, hold down the lock button and swipe your phone off then restart your phone. That works better than just clearing the cache.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

We are looking into the reported issues currently, no code changes and no host moves so nothing in theory should have changed.
While off topic (you may want to create a separate thread in Ask for Help in future) this guide may help with common issues: http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 69&t=79806