Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: To the player base.

Kind of hard to say. It's a certain kind of customers service. Yes otm implements feedback, but always with some kind of twist.

I wouldn't recommend this game to a new player anymore if they had start from scratch due to the time it takes to hit end game vs what to do at end game. Except for bossing and bounties there is not much to do. So not much purpose for anyone to hit end-game. Like I said before, currently it's the players in Lugh that keep me here, not the 'spectacular' abundance of content. Sorry if this may sound offensive.
Nah no worries, valid feedback.

It is usually because not every aspect of a players feedback can be implemented, feedback is not usually "What would be good for the company (Company may not be the word I am looking for, balancing maybe?)" and "What would be good for the player"
Which is understandable, you play the game, you want feedback implemented that affects the player.
I can't imagine the game where "increase the drop rates of X" -where X is something new that they all want - would EVER not be agreed on by the community.
But unfortunately design have to think about how X change would affect game balance so it can sometimes appear like feedback has been twisted but it is usually just for balancing or simply a case of it is all that can be implemented without massive overhauls.

I would agree that it takes a long time to hit end game, I do think more content is coming / has been added to the game that helps on that journey but yeah as with most mmos, grind. I hope that is adjusted in the future.
Chat is a large aspect of the game, understandably so, we just have to create content that keeps you coming back and chatting.

I can't imagine the game where "increase the drop rates of X" -where X is something new that they all want - would EVER not be agreed on by the community.
But unfortunately design have to think about how X change would affect game balance so it can sometimes appear like feedback has been twisted but it is usually just for balancing or simply a case of it is all that can be implemented without massive overhauls.
It would be nice if Snorri dropped 4 of each crown with every kill :D

But on a more serious note in regards to the rest of the posts, I love Celtic Heroes, it is one of my favorite games. I've played since mid 2012, and most of the time since then. I don't like it for the literal months of leveling it takes to get anywhere, I don't like it for the annoying loot rates, I don't like it for the quests, or the constant camping. The reason I love Celtic Heroes is for the community, always has been and always will be. The ease of chat and literal dependence on other people is great, and something that is rarely seen in other games. Regardless of the issues the game has, as long as my friends are still playing, I'll still log to talk to them whenever I can.

Now I completely forgot what the point of this thread was,..
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I don't know Muldar. From what I've seen in game only a few people that I've met recently actually know each other IRL. And all of them are end game. Maybe that's just true of my experience, but certainly other people on the forums feel the same way.

I wouldn't recommend this to someone I know because everything takes too long. Feels like a grind at times than more of a game, for myself though it's not to bad, being end game for the past few updates. I can imagine for new players going from 1-220 is going to be a daunting task, take far too long. I mean from 180+ you're talking 2.5 hours per level minimum, and that's using experience elixirs. So what do I tell someone?

4K plat doesn't get you what it used to, and honestly a big part of that is the exp required to level increases for too much compared to the amount of exp from mobs. I'm sure you have internal figures yourself showing how low player retention rates are of people that try the game vs reaching end game. A solution could be as simple rewarding consecutive logins with a boosted exp / gold rate, and a significant one at that. There's a reason other games do it, right?

Honestly in 2012 it felt like OTM was much more involved with the community for whatever reason, from content competitions. I believe after OW released without a specifically rogue offhand weapon I made a post about it and it was added into the game in a patch within 24 hours(I think the same day). We just don't see that kind of fast response from the design team anymore for whatever reason.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I wouldn't recommend this to someone I know because everything takes too long. Feels like a grind at times than more of a game, for myself though it's not to bad, being end game for the past few updates. I can imagine for new players going from 1-220 is going to be a daunting task, take far too long. I mean from 180+ you're talking 2.5 hours per level minimum, and that's using experience elixirs. So what do I tell someone?
I agree with Rob here. While I can understand that most MMOs require a grind to hit high level, I sincerely doubt there are any that require months of daily effort to get there. I see a lot of new people joining the game, which is awesome, however very very few ever make it past 150 (on Sulis at least), mostly because they A. don't have the in game gold for elixirs/RL money for plat, or B. don't have the time to grind.

Personally it seems that OTM has been trying to keep old players in the game by adding vertical content, rather than keeping new people in the game. However, that being said, this past year has had some amazing things from OTM, that look like (with tweaking) could make this game a lot more fun to play. Fishing seems like it could be a great alternative activity in the game, as long as they made it quite a bit more profitable.

Combat leveling is hard because most of the time it requires hours of sitting and constantly tapping in repetitive motions. At least with fishing, you can be semi afk :lol: .
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

With all due respect to the OTM team, the people who are making "complaints" are paying customers.

It is just like any other product or service, if people are not satisfied they will make that known.

Many people have tied up a lot of money in this game only to see changes made or not made that make them regret doing so.

I mean this to be constructive and not negative. If people are being harsh and critical it's probably because they feel strongly about it and feel it's the only way to get their voice heard. This has probably been reinforced by lack of response to "complaints" or feedback in the past.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

People are bringing up the same complaints over and over again because OTM doesn't listen to the players.... they think of their own ideas that honestly suck for the most part and they introduce things that don't improve the game at all, things that just juices as much cash as it can from the players

NOTE: I put this in general discussion because well, it's general and about the game. Not really the in-game content but about the game as a whole. I put this specifically here because i wanted the most amount of people to see it as possible.

A few definitions for those who don't know:
AFK = Away from keyboard. This is a term used in many games that means that the task requires minimal attention allowing you to do other things like watch a tv show etc.
P2P = Pay to play
P2W = Pay to win
IRL = In real life. Or real life in simple terms.
MMOs = Massive multiplayer online game (celtic heroes is an MMO)
WoW= World of warcraft (a popular MMO)
I suggest you skip to the end if you cannot be bothered reading. However i plead you to take a moment to consider what i have to say.

I love how almost every single player complains about the game. I recently saw a post of someone asking if they should return to the game and i felt like everyone was Ctrl C + Ctrl V'ing their old posts. Complaining about the same **** as usual.
I also saw a few posts flog to the screen as soon as the servers were shut down. Admins tried justifying the reason behind the fault and a few of you gathered your pitchforks and brands.
There's no doubt that there are flaws in this game. But every game has its flaws. It's not as easy as you think.
For instance the whole issue with "Pay to win"... A game with a low population and player base MUST incorporate some elements of real world currency if it wishes to stay online. There MUST be some form of reliable income and it's up to you guys to decide. Pay to win or P2P? I'm sure everyone would rather have some form of system that gives players a slight advantage if they pay real $ rather than having every single player have to pay to play the game. That's a silly topic that's brought up so often in topics like this.
If you don't want to pay, don't. It's that simple, you'll just have to grind harder to get the items you want. There's another topic of debate. "This game is too grind heavy". Well no ****. If you look at the content, grinding is most of it, and it has to be that way or else EVERYONE will be higher level and have tons of gold. This issue was big in a game called Runescape. I'll give you an example:
in runescape there is a skill called runecrafting. This skill took EXTREME amounts of time to reach the max level of 99, everyone in the community complained about how annoying the skill was to train because you could not AFK it like some other skills and the exp rates were terrible. If you saw someone wearing the runecrafting cape you would respect them, they would put hours into the game to achieve the max level (obviously excluding the bots and third-party softwares that leveled up for you which were against game terms). After all the complaining, the developers of runescape listened and added a much MUCH quicker, and AFK method of training that skill and guess what? The amount of people with runecrafting cape became so common that it actually took over some other skills in terms of amount of people with that skill maxed on the leaderboards.

So ask yourself. Do you want that? Do you want to see the majority of the population be level 200+ eliminating any form of early game, and any form of respect for the grind that you previously put in?
To the lower levels: Think about what you do when you see someone level 230. I bet you stop and look at their gear, and all their lux items that apply bonuses like 150 STR which is more than you have with all your levels and stat points. I bet you also sometimes think about hoping to reach that stage in the game but feel as if it will take years and maybe hundreds of real life money. Well yeah. Like in any game, reaching the END can be tough. It can require HOURS of grinding and HUNDREDS of $. But theres your option. If you don't want to spend money... well... Don't. If you don't want to grind and think that reaching level 230 isn't worth the hours well... Cya later.

A side note for those who are ungrateful: I've mentioned this earlier but i've been playing this game since 2011, specifically during the christmas event in 2011 when jack frost gave u that snowman hat (can't remember all the details, that was 5 years ago). I've suffered the same feelings as you, sometimes i feel i need to invest a lot of IRL money to actually get anywhere, and i quit half way through leveling because i cannot be bothered. I've quit this game about 4 times now, and i've always returned. Why? because i look at other games. Specifically MMOs. Do the same.
Look at all the MMOs out there with an undeniably large player base. World of Warcraft. There are probably hundreds of thousands of people playing this game, and guess what. It's subscription based. Blizzard is money hungry and theres no doubt that WoW is a good game but so is Celtic Heroes. Only difference is that YOU HAVE A CHOICE to invest money. That's what matters. If this game wasn't free from the start, i wouldn't have started playing it all those years back. I wouldn't be typing this right now. I've shared a lot of my life playing this game (i'm only 17 years old) and i still don't understand how people manage to find ways to complain. It's as if every game always has a reckoning force against it. The players are never satisfied. It's pretty sad honestly.
The amount of effort the admins and developers put into this game is unreal. The game has beautiful graphics, sick combat, arguably decent pvp (Although it's very uncommon) and unfathomable amounts of items. I've watched this game grow, i've watched how much the effort has gone to make the game better for YOU GUYS. The players. Yet the hate to gratitude ratio is about 100 negative posts and complaints to that 1 positive remark and word of thanks.

And also. To those who are arrogant and miss the point. No. I'm not brown-nosing the admins. I genuinely think that they don't deserve the **** that a few of you give them considering the amount of effort that is put in.

I'd like to hear the arguments but let's try keep this topic civilized please.

EDIT: Excuse any grammatical errors or spelling errors. I was typing this in a rush.
I'm not gunna read it alone but I saw you mentioned rs maxing skills, you can't compare oranges to apples, RS is way more in depth, I could easily pass hours on it while on ch not even close.

+1 to the op. The negative-positive feedback ratio is ridiculous.... Cant we appreciate OTMs work for a minute? And if can't find anything to appreciate, you probably should stop playing. It really doesn't sound like you're having fun here.
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

+1 to the op. The negative-positive feedback ratio is ridiculous.... Cant we appreciate OTMs work for a minute? And if can't find anything to appreciate, you probably should stop playing. It really doesn't sound like you're having fun here.
Again with the "stop playing, if you don't like it". :roll:

Nobody is stopping you from praising OTM and giving them huge amounts of positive feedback. But that doesn't help improve game issues that players are complaining about, so just leave it up to those who wants to provide criticism to improve the game they like to play.

Maybe you should take your own advice and stop reading feedback if you don't like it.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.