Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: To the player base.

Look at all the MMOs out there with an undeniably large player base. World of Warcraft. There are probably hundreds of thousands of people playing this game, and guess what. It's subscription based. Blizzard is money hungry and theres no doubt that WoW is a good game but so is Celtic Heroes. Only difference is that YOU HAVE A CHOICE to invest money. That's what matters. If this game wasn't free from the start, i wouldn't have started playing it all those years back. I wouldn't be typing this right now. I've shared a lot of my life playing this game (i'm only 17 years old) and i still don't understand how people manage to find ways to complain. It's as if every game always has a reckoning force against it. The players are never satisfied. It's pretty sad honestly.
Been playing WoW for 12 years (only 16 years old, dad got me into playing it when i was young... good memories ._.) and the only thing that bothered me about this post was this one portion... From my eyes I don't really think that Blizzard is as money hungry as Ch is in terms of using money to get somewhere in the game. (not trying to bash but its just from my own view point) Sure you could argue that it's your choice on how to use your own money and that you have the choice on whether or not you want to spend it on ch. You could also argue that you could just play the game without spending money and just farm a lot of gold to get lix's BUT in order to actually get the lix's someone has to spend the money right? Lix's (such as heroics) don't just spawn out of no where. So in a sense there is some sort of p2w in this game right, but to a certain extent (I don't know if my logic makes sense? correct me if I'm wrong.... I do realize you can argue that you could just grind levels without lix's......)

Back to the WoW thing... The reason why I say blizzard isn't as money hungry is because you only have to pay $15 a month to play a game where you don't need any sort of real money to get somewhere...... meanwhile ch you have to spend a lot more money ._. .....

Anyways I agree with what most of the things you said..... This is just my personal view... Feel free to criticize on my view...
+1 to the op. The negative-positive feedback ratio is ridiculous.... Cant we appreciate OTMs work for a minute? And if can't find anything to appreciate, you probably should stop playing. It really doesn't sound like you're having fun here.
I appreciate for what OTM has done over the past 5 years (A lot of happy memories came from this game) that I've been playing, but I also can't fully support with what they have done these past 5 years either.
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

What you have to understand is many of us are very frustrated (or at least were very frustrated) by the path that the game was taking for a long time. For years, OTM didn't listen to us and the game got really pretty boring. Thus, a game that all of us saw had potential, was getting run into the ground. The reason I use the past tense is because OTM has recently started to turn things around....but even still, when you look at how long it has taken for them to start really listening to us, you can see how we would be still a little on edge whenever OTM messes up. Not to be too dramatic, but you have to build up trust with your player base, and CH has a player base which has spent the last 4-5 years being disappointed. Fortunately, like I said, OTM has started to turn this around, and I am excited to see where they will go next. But at the same time, because of all the disappointments that our player base has gone through, OTM cannot expect us to be overly optimistic.

However, while it is fine to bring issues in the game to the forefront, we definitely should be polite while doing so. While OTM might frustrate us most of the time, they still are a pretty cool group of people. And if they listen to the people on here who really care about the game, they can make this game great.
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

@HeroSkills, Great response. You're completely right and your arguments make sense to me. I probably shouldn't have bashed on blizzard as much as i did as i've never really played WoW. I only used them as a comparison in the pay to play aspect rather than the pay to win. The aspect i DO see as pay to win on blizzard's behalf is that promotion thing i saw on their game Hearthstone. I played hearthstone for a good two years and quit because i ended up getting bored, i still had them liked on facebook and i saw a post where it said pay $7 (or something along these lines) and get a few packs + guaranteed legendary apple.

That caught my attention as pay to win.

And @Solumbum, also great response. You're right in the sense that a lot of the player base has been disappointing at CH for a few years. However i try not to be pessimistic (and i'm not using this as an insult, sorry if you feel offended in anyway, what i'm trying to say is that i try to look at the IMPROVEMENTS rather than just the lack of improvements that OTM has made. My only goal here is to remove the shade thrown at OTM and try create a more civilized forum. Other than that, your arguments are on point and OTM should definitely consider listening to the player base more but we must understand that this can be tough and OTM have stated in numerous instances that they have a busy schedule. Also people should note that they're definitely improving their approach to the community. The auction house being added which sprouted as a player suggestion is coming into the game. Yes you could argue that the suggestion was made years ago, but like i said try think positively and view it as OTM changing in a positive way to suit the needs of the players.

And @IJoin, fair response but i already stated earlier:
Runescape has also bee around for more than twice the duration as CH. The jagex team consists of hundreds if not thousands of employees and they generate A LOT more than one thumb mobile. Try comparing CH to runescape classic. That's more fair.

Try not to be too harsh on a game like CH. It's bound to the mobile device (including tablets) Which AUTOMATICALLY restricts a large population of gamers (who would rather play on a pc or different console) from playing. This has implications including funding. If OTM had a turnover like Jagex, oh boy the team would expand rapidly which would allow for an increase of content etc.

People act like it's OTM's hobby to try to improve the game and the hours of time they spend in the office is voluntary. No. This is OTM's job. If the bred the baker bakes smells bad do we say he is only baking "FOR YOU GUYS" aswell? OTM should listen to their costumers more as we keep this game alive and pay their bills. If costumers are unhappy and decide not to play, it hurts OTM and not us.
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 227 rogue
MF, 226 mage
Zot, 221 ranger
They call me the raid boss slayer.
What's a D3stiny?

People act like it's OTM's hobby to try to improve the game and the hours of time they spend in the office is voluntary. No. This is OTM's job. If the bred the baker bakes smells bad do we say he is only baking "FOR YOU GUYS" aswell? OTM should listen to their costumers more as we keep this game alive and pay their bills. If costumers are unhappy and decide not to play, it hurts OTM and not us.
I never said they shouldn't listen. I also said that they ARE listening. It's not as easy as baking bread when it comes to developing games. OTM are already in the process of changing the concerns that some of the players have, from creating more content for fishing and also creating the auction house as i stated earlier.

My main argument is that there is constant nastiness, OTM aren't a bunch of robots. Try being a little nicer when you want something done instead of typing cruel comments.

Call me a kiss ass or whatever. I really could not care anymore. I'm almost at the point where i'm done with this community. Seriously it disgusts me how people behave like that over the internet with no remorse. And then they go out of their way to justify their comments as "opinions". Fools.

i just really want to throw in my 2 cents real fast. it was probably already mentioned and debated and i didn't bother reading past page 2 lol but personally, i love Celtic Heroes.

I have been playing this game since March of 2014 and is still not half the time some of you here have been playing. I remember making my first character (my rogue Darak) and walking through the old lirs on my ipod 4 and seeing the snowmen and all the people and i fell in love with the game tbh.
In my opinion, I have a 230 rogue, 190 fire mage, 165 str ranger and up and coming second rogue. I have spent absolutely none of my own money on this game. Not because i didn't want to but because i am 17 years old and recently got my first part time job. I barely had money for myself much less to dump into a virtual game for some shiny pixels... i hate it when people say this game is pay to win. i have seen people level to 220 without frozen armor and i have seen people be endgame in this game with literally the most minimal gear... on my first character Darak I was level 160 (i leveled fast) and was in the underdog clan. My best gear was a plus 3 spider quickstrike ring and a kron blade charm. Yet, i played when i had the time and sometimes outlocked the dominant with 1/3 the gear. This game is anything but pay to win in my opinion. Those who think this game is pay to win should try Order and Chaos smh.. its bad there.
i have watched this game grow and develop since 2014 and am amazed with what i see. OTM constantly pushes the limit with a mobile game with the graphics and sheer capacity of this game and people still complain they want to see more. I love the game but to be completely honest its more the social aspect of this game that makes me log in everyday. I enjoy logging to talk to all my friends i have met over time. People from all around the world with different backgrounds all united under the same flag for a similar purpose and thats just to play the game and have fun....
I have stuck with actively playing CH longer than i have any other game and its my favorite game. If CH got shut down i don't know what i would do when I am bored. Keep up the god work OTM
Proud member of Resurgence of Arawn.
Darak-Rogue- level 230
Charisma-Mage-level 192+
Tribell-Ranger- level 166+
Top Ramen- Dragonlord lock rogue- level 190

@HeroSkills, Great response. You're completely right and your arguments make sense to me. I probably shouldn't have bashed on blizzard as much as i did as i've never really played WoW. I only used them as a comparison in the pay to play aspect rather than the pay to win. The aspect i DO see as pay to win on blizzard's behalf is that promotion thing i saw on their game Hearthstone. I played hearthstone for a good two years and quit because i ended up getting bored, i still had them liked on facebook and i saw a post where it said pay $7 (or something along these lines) and get a few packs + guaranteed legendary apple.

That caught my attention as pay to win.

And @Solumbum, also great response. You're right in the sense that a lot of the player base has been disappointing at CH for a few years. However i try not to be pessimistic (and i'm not using this as an insult, sorry if you feel offended in anyway, what i'm trying to say is that i try to look at the IMPROVEMENTS rather than just the lack of improvements that OTM has made. My only goal here is to remove the shade thrown at OTM and try create a more civilized forum. Other than that, your arguments are on point and OTM should definitely consider listening to the player base more but we must understand that this can be tough and OTM have stated in numerous instances that they have a busy schedule. Also people should note that they're definitely improving their approach to the community. The auction house being added which sprouted as a player suggestion is coming into the game. Yes you could argue that the suggestion was made years ago, but like i said try think positively and view it as OTM changing in a positive way to suit the needs of the players.

And @IJoin, fair response but i already stated earlier:
Runescape has also bee around for more than twice the duration as CH. The jagex team consists of hundreds if not thousands of employees and they generate A LOT more than one thumb mobile. Try comparing CH to runescape classic. That's more fair.

Try not to be too harsh on a game like CH. It's bound to the mobile device (including tablets) Which AUTOMATICALLY restricts a large population of gamers (who would rather play on a pc or different console) from playing. This has implications including funding. If OTM had a turnover like Jagex, oh boy the team would expand rapidly which would allow for an increase of content etc.
I personally hate Hearthstone and I believe it is completely pay to win, I personally played it for a good two years and then quit cause it was really boring and absurdly pay to win. I could go on a rant about it but I wouldn't..... (Is a big Blizzard fan ._. Has played a lot of their games......)

Herne

I never said they shouldn't listen. I also said that they ARE listening. It's not as easy as baking bread when it comes to developing games. OTM are already in the process of changing the concerns that some of the players have, from creating more content for fishing and also creating the auction house as i stated earlier.

My main argument is that there is constant nastiness, OTM aren't a bunch of robots. Try being a little nicer when you want something done instead of typing cruel comments.

Call me a kiss ass or whatever. I really could not care anymore. I'm almost at the point where i'm done with this community. Seriously it disgusts me how people behave like that over the internet with no remorse. And then they go out of their way to justify their comments as "opinions". Fools.
Before I say anything, I want to reiterate that I completely agree with you on the aspect of keeping comments civil.

But here is the problem. You mentioned in your reply to me(which by the way I took no offence :) that OTM stated that they are busy. The thing is that soooooo many times they have told us that, and then 6 months later came out with an update that wasn't that great-or at least had almost nothing of what we wanted. Or sometimes, they actually will take one of our ideas, but then twist it so that the good part of the idea isn't there anymore. Other times, they will do the exact opposite of what we want. So its hard for us to hear that they are "busy" when after 5 years, CH still doesn't have features that most MMORPG's worth their salt have from the beginning. And the thing that must be understood is that many of the people who complain the most, really do care about CH and have played it for a long time. They all saw how much potential CH had at the beginning and have watched OTM make decisions that hurt the game's growth severely. To these people, it was like watching a work of art be stomped on.

Now, as I said before, OTM seems to be started to reverse this trend, and that is great! However, as of now, the game has not changed all that much. And many need to actually SEE(not just hear about, because as I said before, we have had years of being disappointed) substantial change before their faith will be restored and they can start praising the game to those who ask (i.e. the guy from the "should I come back" thread).
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

What I personally am upset with the most about is the player base.... Many of the people that I used to be friends with decided to quit because of the decisions that OTM has made, a lot of them didn't see any significant change and got bored because it was just the same content over and over again (I personally quit for about 2 years because of this myself, but I decided to come back to see if they did make any changes, there have been changes but not that significant and I can't really say that those changes were for the better) What OTM is doing is that they just keep on putting out repetitive content, nothing really big has come out lately. I mean remember when they first introduced PVP? That was something that everyone loved, it was something new introduced into the game and it wasn't just some new boss, new mounts, new fashion, or new lux - It was actually something brand new that everyone still loves.... I can see OTM trying to input new things into this game such as the AH (Been asking for this for a loooooong time) But what I'm worried the most about the AH is that they will somehow make it bad (Fingers crossed it won't be) But anyways what I'm trying to say is that there has nothing really been added to the game that makes old players want to come back, or make them want to keep playing... And as an old player myself I don't even know if I'll be playing this game for that much longer, I love this game and I would love to see this game grow again like it did years ago..... But there really hasn't been much... Also all these posts about telling people to not come back and discouraging them... It's not really helping at all....... I miss all my friends that have quit over the years that I've played this game and I wish I could see them all again.... FeelsBadMan

Was rushed since I'm short on time ._. Excuse my bad grammar, or redundancy... I think I went off topic a little in this but I guess my main point still stands....

Herne

I agree totally . I come from a history of playing mmorpgs , Ultima online , anarchy online , neocron , parallel mafia and few others I've forgotten over the years . Point is I've been gaming online since the dial up days of AOL online and have witnesses my fair share of similar games . My most recent game was parallel mafia in which the developers "per blu" totally abandoned us and hung us out to dry quit all support and development. Even after they abandoned us myself and of a number of players who built a community continued to support them and there other game parallel kingdom only to have then shut down the servers with less then 30 days notice. Me and my crew and even my enemies came here squashed old beefs and United under one banner . We have a history of over 4 years together and know eachother well . We are all mostly extremely happy with this game minus a few things (more on that in a bit ) . Now every game I've ever have played has had issues at one time or another with server issues most games take so long to fix issues after major updates that the bugs can and have totally ruined game play the economy and have cost people who have invested tons alot . I was very happy to see that this game actually sent servers down to fix bugs and unintended glitches before they have had a chance to do any real damage .
Now regarding people complaining about the grind mmorpgs are all about the grind and getting new and better gear along the way . One of the reasons Diablo has been so successful . If game is to easy people lose interest and don't want to play any more . Hell in parallel mafia when developers quit supporting the game everyone was basically the same and only thing held us together was the community we built and our never ending wars . (Something I miss and wish was here ) .
There are many different types of players .
Those who don't work either due to disability or laziness and spend there lives literally in game, those who casually play and don't care as much and those who have alot going on due to personal lives or work and want to be able to play competitively and them being able to spend some that money they have worked hard for to get a exp boost or get a luxury item that they don't have 10 hours a day to camp a boss with there crew is a nice balance to even the playing field . This also helps for people who don't belong to a big clan of level 200s who camp and farm all the bosses the opportunity to catch up and level playing field . The sad truth about mmorpgs is they need people many people to be successful . We play because it's supposed to be massive multi-player not a single player campaign . I think the worst thing to the games health is when the so called big guys don't give anyone else a chance . Instead of helping to grow and support the community they selfishly worry about them selves and there own
. U grind and level up to finally be able to take out a boss with u and a few guys from your crew , kill place holders camp spawn waiting for a boss to be able to progress and get stronger and 3 to 4 level 180 plus rushes up to kill the level 70 5 or 6 star u have been camping for a hour . Won't let u in group or have chance to roll on item just so they can turn around go sell the drop for an outrageous price . Kinda hard to save up for better weapons or jewelry when your only option for completing your armor quests and progressing to your other armor quest require you to kill a boss thats spawn is over a hour and as soon as it spawns 1 of 2 of the big clans comes and steam rolls it in 30 secs . Personally I feel the stonevale drops should be on other mobs instead of the bosses this creates a bottleneck where progressing feels impossible and you start to have disdain for some of these clans out there . Thank God I met someone who feels the same way I do about some of these larger clans and helped me without trying to gouge my pockets . Other than that my only 2 issues would have to be how hard it is to get gold to gear up at lower levels (only 116 so I don't know if it improves later ) and I would love to see pvp take a bigger role , i.e pvp zones other then arena , clan wars , faction wars so there is a little more to do and compete for then boss kills.
My 2 cents take it leave it don't care either way