Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Proper tank pet anytime soon?

There was a dps pet this event. Attack, str and a damage skill. When can we expect a full on tank pet? Vit, def and maybe an armor adding skill? or a skill similar to shield wall?
I think the dog was sort of the tank pet, since the vit. Nit a good one, but the tank one.

How does reducing armor help you tank better? If anything it's for support rogues and pvp toons.

I'd also like a Mage pet. The rabbit heal is pretty useless, and the bit of focus isn't worth the 10m+ pet token price. I'd suggest a focus pet with magic dmg "nuke" type skill, maybe 30 sec cooldown and 5k damage (or whatever values would make it proportional dps to dog). I'd get it for crystals alone (which also happens to be about the only thing mages are useful for these days)
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Errrm how does it not?!
Armour reduction speeds up the whole fight making it easier I would also imagine it pulls a tiny bit if aggro too.
But as a tank why would I want the boss to have weakened armour making the whole fight slightly smoother and stop them hitting me sooner right?
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

I think we should be able to acquire pet skill tomes and train our pets however we want. Let pets have skill points and attribute points just like players and let the player decide how to spend them. Then during events and such OTM can offer "blank" pets with cool skins through chests (emberdrake?). Perhaps even rare pet skill tomes can be found in chests as well.

If OTM gave pets their own screen/page etc where the player could decide their own pets functionality it could open the door to other options as well. OTM could offer pet "charms" that could offer features such as a flaming breath effect, red glowing eyes, seasonal effects such as a Christmas hat, etc.. What about equipping items on ones pet such as armor or barding, collars, leashes, training items, or whatever you can think of. That could be yet another way to further customize and enhance your pet.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

I think we should be able to acquire pet skill tomes and train our pets however we want. Let pets have skill points and attribute points just like players and let the player decide how to spend them. Then during events and such OTM can offer "blank" pets with cool skins through chests (emberdrake?). Perhaps even rare pet skill tomes can be found in chests as well.

If OTM gave pets their own screen/page etc where the player could decide their own pets functionality it could open the door to other options as well. OTM could offer pet "charms" that could offer features such as a flaming breath effect, red glowing eyes, seasonal effects such as a Christmas hat, etc.. What about equipping items on ones pet such as armor or barding, collars, leashes, training items, or whatever you can think of. That could be yet another way to further customize and enhance your pet.
+1 This would be really cool, and maybe have two different pet tokens like regular ones like we have for the pets already out there and then rarer pet tokens like he said an emberdrake would be cool, maybe a snake that adds poison damage? These would we awesome. Also the charms are and stuff are pretty cool.
“In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
— The Doctor, Season 6, Christmas Special

Gwydion
Rogue: FlameBlade21- 223+
Ranger: Ethain- 215+
Mage: Stump 211+

Epona
Rogue: Caliber 217+

Errrm how does it not?!
Armour reduction speeds up the whole fight making it easier I would also imagine it pulls a tiny bit if aggro too.
But as a tank why would I want the boss to have weakened armour making the whole fight slightly smoother and stop them hitting me sooner right?
killing faster doesn't help you tank better. Your ability to tank is a comparison between dps taken and heals per second gained. Are you a more capable tank if you auto'd a boss vs didn't auto?
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs