Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New lux vendor

I'm not sure about other servers but on 2 of the 4 android servers, those that are spending in the lux shop are just vendoring what they bought so there isn't any new event lux or any old event lux for newer players to buy
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I find it hilarious that this was categorized as player feedback. No player asked nor have thought about old lux coming back this way.
I know Android serves wanted reaper rings, and iOS as collectors didn't want old lux coming back. But to create a lux vendor ala pirate shop was really a poor implementation imo. Oh yeah, it's definitely a gold sink, which the game really needs, but it only affects very few players. Not everyone are going to be willing to gamble their gold away.
Should've left things alone. Just make boos drops better and Android lacking reaper rings will eventually be a moot point and old lux will will be valuable. There are other ways to make gold sinks beside this way.
Keep the game moving forward, not step backwards.
The fact of the matter is we did implement this based on player feedback during beta 1 and 2.

We are addressing player concerns regarding the lack of seasonal lux with a solution that allows us to focus on permanent content whilst allowing players a chance at lux they may not have gotten.

While I see your point from previous threads on making boss loot better that unfortunately would require a large amount of work from the team to re balance every item.

You are welcome to say it is a poor implementation in your opinion, we know it won't suit everyone, feel free to create a topic in F&S with your ideas on how to make it better or alternative gold sinks and hopefully others will add their own.
How does this make any sense, Landoril said 1million Per Piece, if you think "everyone" can afford 1 million gold for one white fashion piece you are clearly out of touch with this game. They would've payed several millions for a set of advancing the lowest tier to the highest tier as I presume you would have to go through each tier individually, which is a drastic amount of money and very few would be able to afford it ensuring rare fashion stays rare.
I was simply assuming it was a one time pay off to make it white and not a tiered upgrade system like you are suggesting.

While I can see the benefits of a system such as that the usage of in-game currency to buy premium items could massively impact the game, there would probably be a much larger discussion behind this idea.

I was probably being over the top with my usage of "everyone" but that was more for the purpose of the example.
Oh i know players wanted old lux back. But not "this way". Find me a post that asked for lux to be like the pirate vendor. That is OTMs idea through and through.
Just to select this line you are welcome to create a topic on how you think it can be bettered or improved in F&S.

We do understand some may not like the pirate vendor style so we welcome all ideas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a closing little paragraph, thanks to all who have said they like the implementation of the vendor! Great to hear.

With his implementation it will allow us to have a greater focus on permanent content and less of the seasonal just like players requested.

There will be a Community Update coming out soon just with a little update on where we are heading for this year.

For those who raised concerns regarding the vendor you are more than welcome in our F&S sub forum, we want to hear your ideas and improvements!

Cheers

Just to select this line you are welcome to create a topic on how you think it can be bettered or improved in F&S.
I didnt want old lux coming back personally, but I didnt want reaper to be one time only. My suggestion? More items that are designed like reaper, new ones, not old ones. And better boss drops.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I didnt want old lux coming back personally, but I didnt want reaper to be one time only. My suggestion? More items that are designed like reaper, new ones, not old ones. And better boss drops.
Once upon a time I would've agreed with new and better lux every season, now due to the huge prices people are paying for old op lux it would be extremely unfair to the player base to implement that so I believe that ship has sailed.

However, in regards to better boss drops that would be a great balance out between 'unfair' and a good change so +1 to better boss drops but -1 to better new lux.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Generally I dont really enjoy lux being better anyway, considering my gear has valour neck, valour ring and dagger offhand instead of actually getting a neck, offhand and a ring.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

IMO I quite like the vendor the three catagories was a nice touch and most players are satisfied
Danu
E3: Rogue (223)
Annihilate: Rogue (200)

Shadow9: Warrior (222)
36O: Ranger (220)
On Ice: Ice Mage (220)
On Fire: Ice Fire (220)

Instagram: @celtic_tavern (I do daily uploads, feel free to come say hi)

Pretty much every mmo tends to have gear power inflation. What's the best today in two years will likely be soso and in 4 years be outdated. This is a natural outcome of the gradual increase in power players expect in these games.

Buying an item for huge sums expecting it to be the best and most powerful that will ever be released is a crazy and misguided idea.

New more powerful gear will come in some form, that's a certainty.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|