Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#11
Only super clans have 5-6 fire mages and not even counting ice mages. You can't assume every clan has 10-12 mages at their disposal. Maybe Arawn does, but I don't think most end game clans have that many at all.

I don't think the game should be designed in a way that forces players to make super clans so they have 1-2 fire mages available at any given time, especially when OTM designs a boss that's all but immune to fire damage.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#12
Aileron wrote:Only super clans have 5-6 fire mages and not even counting ice mages. You can't assume every clan has 10-12 mages at their disposal. Maybe Arawn does, but I don't think most end game clans have that many at all.

I don't think the game should be designed in a way that forces players to make super clans so they have 1-2 fire mages available at any given time, especially when OTM designs a boss that's all but immune to fire damage.

I agree with this... With the non existent lack of active players(According to OTM, which is false) I dont think it should be only be beneficial to those with a fire based build

To those that justify the fact that it favors Fire mages and thats ok... I dont know what server you play on or what you have at your disposal but Hot swapping that much and finding a seemingly ridiculous amount of mages for the games current state is crazy imo... Sure it works but is it really reasonable? I believe Ail's point is that players shouldn't be forced to take such drastic measures to have a really good lure for a differently built mage...
Image

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#13
Well, the only other suggestion I have, is to have mages try to get their fire ability up. Each class has pros and cons for different builds, I guess this just adds to that for mages. If people feel that strongly about pierce lure, they can swap to fire. If I had any knowledge of warriors, I might be able to draw a comparison between spears and swords and skills, but I don't, so I won't...



I guess my point is, people can't have the always best of everything.

Maybe OTM will decide to take a look at lure abilities, maybe they will leave it as is. I think most people are used to it already, and I've never really considered that it's an issue (although disclaimer, my mage has always been fire build).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#14
Also, just to put this out there..but as far as I know, lures aren't made completely useless by not having your ability maxed. a level 50 pierce lure will still lower a boss's pierce resistance by a pretty good amount. It just makes fire mages a bit more feasible late game.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#15
Guthix123 wrote:Well, the only other suggestion I have, is to have mages try to get their fire ability up.


So now you're telling ice mages to take fire gear and have two sets of gear and even compete with fire mages for items that increase fire magic ability?

I think OTM need to have either ability boost lures is the right thing to do.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#16
paggasquid wrote:Just let the mage with the highest fire magic carry a max assassins lure? One or two mages at every raid are often enough


One or two with a specific lure is often times not enough because lures evade too often. If it wanst true you'd only need one Mage with fire magic and ice at 50 per Prot raid and the boss would never be cloaked.

The game has changed a lot since 2012. I hope some issues like these will be revisited by otm. Some improvements for the mage I think is much needed. Like adding more skill points for Mage and Druid seeing as how they are now forced to carry so many extra skills in order to defeat bosses. Perhaps adding fire and ice magic to effect all lures equaly would be nice too.
Image

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#17
My experience is a little different I supposed. When I was leveling my mage, I was fire but still used shards and eshield and ebooks and etc even if lvl 1 to keep fire and ice ability maxed. And most of our mages have the same experience. We keep one dedicated lure mage for proteus and their lures rarely miss. I ran my mage as lure mage on the last prime and only had 4 lures miss through the duration of the battle
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#18
Zyz wrote:My experience is a little different I supposed. When I was leveling my mage, I was fire but still used shards and eshield and ebooks and etc even if lvl 1 to keep fire and ice ability maxed. And most of our mages have the same experience. We keep one dedicated lure mage for proteus and their lures rarely miss. I ran my mage as lure mage on the last prime and only had 4 lures miss through the duration of the battle

Your poor Rangers :shock:
(And I don't believe you)
Image

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#19
Aileron wrote:
Guthix123 wrote:Well, the only other suggestion I have, is to have mages try to get their fire ability up.


So now you're telling ice mages to take fire gear and have two sets of gear and even compete with fire mages for items that increase fire magic ability?

I think OTM need to have either ability boost lures is the right thing to do.


That could work. Maybe it could be based off of whichever is higher?
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

#20
Aileron wrote:There is no way you can have the same mages in every raid. People are in different time zones and no player can be 100% 24/7 available, unless the account is shared.


Maybe the mages need to be less casual players and set their alarms to wake up and help out the clan.

(*sarcasm*...maybe)
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

cron