Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Event Lux

Honestly the storyline thing is great. I loved dragon age and played them all but this is different. Otm makes its money off of things like lux. If you take away the want for lux or buying plat otm goes out of buisness and we have no game. However, add things that people will want to buy plat for then otm makes more money, can expand thier company, hire more developers, then expand the game and make it better for all players. Its that simple.

You cant look at this only in perspective as a player. You all need to look at the big picture. Farming loot and farming gold in game is not going to pay otm, but it is a part. Everything has to be in balance. If the loot is better than the lux than plat sales are going to drop and thats not good for this game. It would be in a situation like wow where they make money off of a subscription to play. But again, this is different.

Honestly the storyline thing is great. I loved dragon age and played them all but this is different. Otm makes its money off of things like lux. If you take away the want for lux or buying plat otm goes out of buisness and we have no game. However, add things that people will want to buy plat for then otm makes more money, can expand thier company, hire more developers, then expand the game and make it better for all players. Its that simple.

You cant look at this only in perspective as a player. You all need to look at the big picture. Farming loot and farming gold in game is not going to pay otm, but it is a part. Everything has to be in balance. If the loot is better than the lux than plat sales are going to drop and thats not good for this game. It would be in a situation like wow where they make money off of a subscription to play. But again, this is different.
Actually no. We can and should see things from the players view point only. And thats because we r customers. U cant make a half assed car and say to ppl "buy my car even tho its unfinished so i can expand and then maybe in a future version it will be a finished car"
Thats stupid. All we r is customers.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

Actually no. We can and should see things from the players view point only. And thats because we r customers. U cant make a half assed car and say to ppl "buy my car even tho its unfinished so i can expand and then maybe in a future version it will be a finished car"
To clarify, as a "player" i meant as someone who only plays the game like its a full time job, farms everything and never buys plat. I would hardly consider an individual like that as a customer to otm. They are just using a free service. I know there are quite a few because ive seen them on here bragging about how they never bought plat.
Your not a customer if you dont buy plat. As i stated before there needs to be a balance. Both the Players need to be happy and otm needs to make money. I dont know you,and you may buy plat and you may not, my comment wasn't directed towards you personally. But i know there are alot of players who dont buy and want to give their opinion. But in my mind they are not customers. Kind of like people hanging around mcdonalds for the free wifi while saying the food sucks lol. Otm has a good product already, that is why we are here. Some of us already bought into the game. All im saying is the want to buy plat to get items needs to be expanded through lux or whatever means if otm wants to succeed which is what alot of players want. if nothing happens like i said originally it isnt going to be good, the game is over saturated with gold and there is no balance.

While off topic I thought I should address some points raised, PM me if you wish to discuss further.

With the Fishing Update, we have added further questlines to Shalemont Ravine (including daily and instant repeatable) and the main story questline has been expanded into the realm of the Otherworld.
There are further questline updates planned, as I mentioned in a previous post we will be adding these in as chunks for specific level brackets in coming updates.

Although legacy bosses have been reintroduced into the game this does not mean the end of new bosses in future updates.

While fishing is currently levels 1 - 45 in the next update, further content has already been created for higher levels.
We wish to create a stable and enjoyable fishing experience before releasing further fishing level updates.

To clarify, as a "player" i meant as someone who only plays the game like its a full time job, farms everything and never buys plat. I would hardly consider an individual like that as a customer to otm. They are just using a free service. I know there are quite a few because ive seen them on here bragging about how they never bought plat.
Your not a customer if you dont buy plat. As i stated before there needs to be a balance. Both the Players need to be happy and otm needs to make money. I dont know you,and you may buy plat and you may not, my comment wasn't directed towards you personally. But i know there are alot of players who dont buy and want to give their opinion. But in my mind they are not customers. Kind of like people hanging around mcdonalds for the free wifi while saying the food sucks lol. Otm has a good product already, that is why we are here. Some of us already bought into the game. All im saying is the want to buy plat to get items needs to be expanded through lux or whatever means if otm wants to succeed which is what alot of players want. if nothing happens like i said originally it isnt going to be good, the game is over saturated with gold and there is no balance.
You are wrong.
Evennif u never buy plat u r still a customer.
Why?
First off because u use their product (free or not)
Second... Because even tho u dont buy plat u create a demand for some plat items and if that demand is to be met someone has to buy that plat. In simple words... Even tho u personally have never bought plat u actually use plat items all the time. So someone obviously paid for those with real money. Hence u r a customer.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

Maybe a little lol, but your just grasping for justification. The one that paid the real money is more important and the actual customer to otm, without them there is no income for otm period. The one that bought the plat item from the plat buyer is the plat buyers customer. As the old saying goes, sh** rolls down hill lol. Its just the way of the world.

In my profession, clients are the ones paying for services and customers are those that are not paying but we still owe the same responsibility to.

Even if we do go with the customers are those that pay for plat and those that arent paying for plat aren't customers, I say they're indirect customers. They're consumer of plat items that use in game gold to purchase and they are the reason plat buyers buy plat. Not sure if I worded that correctly but basically we buy plat because we want in game gold.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

In my profession, clients are the ones paying for services and customers are those that are not paying but we still owe the same responsibility to.

Even if we do go with the customers are those that pay for plat and those that arent paying for plat aren't customers, I say they're indirect customers. They're consumer of plat items that use in game gold to purchase and they are the reason plat buyers buy plat. Not sure if I worded that correctly but basically we buy plat because we want in game gold.
Correct, but to my original point. Why would we want ingame gold if there is nothing to buy with it? If the plat buyer doesnt get anything out of it then everyone loses period. Thats the whole unarguable point i am making. Talk in circles all ya want, it wont erase facts.

Correct, but to my original point. Why would we want ingame gold if there is nothing to buy with it? If the plat buyer doesnt get anything out of it then everyone loses period. Thats the whole unarguable point i am making. Talk in circles all ya want, it wont erase facts.
On some servers you buy end game drops with gold. I've seen a contest unique mount sell for 25m, back when gold was worth more. I haven't seen a server where gold couldn't buy you items.

You may be referring to a gold sink to remove gold from the game and slow inflation.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

On some servers you buy end game drops with gold. I've seen a contest unique mount sell for 25m, back when gold was worth more. I haven't seen a server where gold couldn't buy you items.

You may be referring to a gold sink to remove gold from the game and slow inflation.
Yes, we need something go to buy from a vendor to get rid of this access gold floating around in the game. Good items to buy rarely come up, and when they do its from another player so the gold still stays in the game and builds up and we are just sitting around with millions and nothing to do with it.