Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mabon's Doch Gul

Cgs on set. With how easy it is to level, I'm curious why Targaryen is level 222. Is it because you want to remain competitive in lock battles?

I refuse to level past 221 and wish to disable XP gain but many on my server don't share that view. Curious if other servers do this.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I also chose to stop at 220 for my Mage. There is really no point in going higher unless you need an extra few levels worth of skill points to max out a final skill to 50 (which may be true in 10 years when I get dg and can replace hrung helm). The time to do bounties and cost of pledges is not worth it imo to get to 225 and hit a fraction of a percent higher on bosses while losing effectiveness for locks on lower level bosses such as 205, 195, hrung. It is definitely more useful for rogues and rangers though; 5 levels means 25 str, 50 attack, and 7 or so auto dmg from the 50 ability pts. Not to mention they can solo mobs in a bossing build and a pure dps mage build cannot easily do so
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

I also chose to stop at 220 for my Mage. There is really no point in going higher unless you need an extra few levels worth of skill points to max out a final skill to 50 (which may be true in 10 years when I get dg and can replace hrung helm). The time to do bounties and cost of pledges is not worth it imo to get to 225 and hit a fraction of a percent higher on bosses while losing effectiveness for locks on lower level bosses such as 205, 195, hrung. It is definitely more useful for rogues and rangers though; 5 levels means 25 str, 50 attack, and 7 or so auto dmg from the 50 ability pts. Not to mention they can solo mobs in a bossing build and a pure dps mage build cannot easily do so
Some worlds lock battle Mordris and Necro as well.

Getting 230 is far easier than a set of DG IMO.

Going from say 1500 to 1550 str would give a 1.7% increase on the pierce, slash or crush damage but since a lot of the total damage is elemental or divine and unaffected it's closer to 1%. 25 str is then about half a percent. This may be around 15-20 damage but when it's on top of 3-4K it isn't much. If you have a high str build like 2k+ then the addition is even less.

50 attack isn't bad but when it's on top of a 5k build its again not going to make much difference.

It's really target lock that ruins it.

My guess is on peaceful non-compete worlds leveling higher is good. On any that lock battle you are just shooting yourself in the foot at 221+
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Sweeet nice going
Danu
E3: Rogue (223)
Annihilate: Rogue (200)

Shadow9: Warrior (222)
36O: Ranger (220)
On Ice: Ice Mage (220)
On Fire: Ice Fire (220)

Instagram: @celtic_tavern (I do daily uploads, feel free to come say hi)