Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

How does the randomness work in this game?

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows how OTM makes things "random" like sometimes I wonder if there's a set list on each world for what you get in the event chests and everytime someone opens one it goes down the list for what you're ganna get. Can opening a chest a minute after you planned to open the chest change the item you would get? I have the same question with mobs when mob spawns do they have the items set there until a player kills them or can it change at any moment?

Re: How does the randomness work in this game?

Does same mob always sapwn with exact same hp or does it vary by a bit? Like would a lvl 214 watchful abominax (*) always spawn with 25920 hp or would it spawn also with 23210 hp (made up numbers)? Some games have hp on mobs vary too.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Hopefully most of the drops in game (chest or mob) are just linked to random numbers generators. Then number ranges are linked to the items available, which allows for higher or lower percentages to be worked in via the size of the number range. Or something like that :)

And I really hope the mob hp's etc. are just set to be the same each time.

Unless things have changed the drops are randomly generated at the time of kill for bosses, mobs, etc and randomly generated when you actually open the chest.
This is what OTM has said.

However, I have wondered this because at spawns right after resets I've seen common loot between worlds. For example on a recent reset my world got a godly bandage wounds brace and I saw a post of another world getting a godly bandage wounds brace. Really, the godly bandage wounds braces aren't that common. I've also seen this happen several other times with rare drops on mord Necro event and hrung.

It makes me wonder if the loot isn't randomly generated on server restarts in advance and is similar/same across worlds. At least for that first kill. Next reset maybe worlds can compare thier drops.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Does same mob always sapwn with exact same hp or does it vary by a bit? Like would a lvl 214 watchful abominax (*) always spawn with 25920 hp or would it spawn also with 23210 hp (made up numbers)? Some games have hp on mobs vary too.
Not 100% sure but I'm pretty certain that there is no variation for identical mobs, as in the same name and level. If it exists it's so small as to be nearly the same.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows how OTM makes things "random" like sometimes I wonder if there's a set list on each world for what you get in the event chests and everytime someone opens one it goes down the list for what you're ganna get. Can opening a chest a minute after you planned to open the chest change the item you would get? I have the same question with mobs when mob spawns do they have the items set there until a player kills them or can it change at any moment?
How it works on most games I've played is every item in the loot table is given a % chance to drop. As soon as the boss dies these drops are calculated instantly and dropped. More common items are given a higher % chance to drop and rare are given a lower percent.

It's kinda like if you were to put all the loot on a big wheel and spin it 3-4 times in a fraction of a second. A dark sacrifice skull would have a big piece on that wheel, and a void fire bolt skull would have a tiny piece on it.

I'm just assuming that's how it works here as stated above someone said the drops are generated as soon as the boss dies.

For you question on chests. Yes your drop could be theoretically different if you opened it 5 minutes from no instead of now, but you would never know this because you can't open the same chest twice. I'm willing to bet chest drops work the same as boss drops.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

However, I have wondered this because at spawns right after resets I've seen common loot between worlds. For example on a recent reset my world got a godly bandage wounds brace and I saw a post of another world getting a godly bandage wounds brace. Really, the godly bandage wounds braces aren't that common. I've also seen this happen several other times with rare drops on mord Necro event and hrung.
Actually I think we have had multiple godly bandage wounds drop on Gwydion. Would have to ask all clans check the banks again, but I recall at least 3 dropping total, so it may be the most common godly item. :D
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless