Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Low level area remodelling/character skill animations. W

Zyz wrote:Well technically correct like rupture so the easy solution would be vines and swarm to do dmg on cast at a greater amount of dmg than the tic dmg. This isn't game breaking and it's easy. Here's how you could make those that play druids immensely happy as a start without spending a lot of time on having to evaluate the druid class right now - vines same casting time as swarm and both those do dmg on cast at a higher dmg than the tics and throw elemental wards into one group and physical wards into another group. Done. Yall would be heroes. I would buy your office Guinness for a month.

I understand it's a change that Druid would be very happy with :) . But like I said earlier, we would want to do any class changes while looking at all classes as it would be unfair to simply benefit Druids and nobody else. At the moment we're very close to finishing everything for the next launch and don't have enough time to look into class balancing without delaying the next launch.
Game Designer at One Thumb Mobile

Aileron wrote:It's just semantics. The point is it does damage upon casting. Just like Frostbite. But Strangling Vines doesn't.

I would hardly call it just semantics.

Many skills work differently and I have already said that we can add direct damage to Vines from casting earlier once we have reviewed it properly. Frostbite as you pointed out works differently again, and it is more like Vines. It does do an initial damage, damage that is multiplied by the caster's Nature Magic Ability level. This is one possible change we would add to Vines when we do a skill review, however Rend's initial damage is directly from the weapon's damage and isn't affected by Abilities so it is calculated differently.
Game Designer at One Thumb Mobile

Dexxa wrote:
Zyz wrote:Well technically correct like rupture so the easy solution would be vines and swarm to do dmg on cast at a greater amount of dmg than the tic dmg. This isn't game breaking and it's easy. Here's how you could make those that play druids immensely happy as a start without spending a lot of time on having to evaluate the druid class right now - vines same casting time as swarm and both those do dmg on cast at a higher dmg than the tics and throw elemental wards into one group and physical wards into another group. Done. Yall would be heroes. I would buy your office Guinness for a month.

I understand it's a change that Druid would be very happy with :) . But like I said earlier, we would want to do any class changes while looking at all classes as it would be unfair to simply benefit Druids and nobody else. At the moment we're very close to finishing everything for the next launch and don't have enough time to look into class balancing without delaying the next launch.

I completely understand what you're saying and don't disagree that all classes need to be looked at. The one point I disagree with is fair being equal. That's one of the issues with standardized testing in public schools. Rather than revamping the entire tests for everyone, they made a few changes to students that had dyslexia or were English as a second language learners. So I do believe it is fair to offer a few tweaks to a class or two or even a few skills here and there without having to sit down and address all classes at the same time. It seems it would be much easier to do something like this week yall would increase the length frenzy lasted and made vines instacast. Then next week vines does dmg on impact and reduce the cool down on fire / ice attune. I apologize for derailing the thread but since you were replying wanted to take a moment to express some thoughts.

You did mention fairness to all classes. In my mind, that means there isn't a disparity in items used and time spent leveling. To fix rogue issues at the same time as fixing druid issues is very unfair as the cost and time to solo lvl a rogue/warrior/mage is much cheaper and faster than rangers and druids. So, really, to be fair, druids should be looked at and then rangers and then followed up with the other classes. As it is, it has been very unfair to those that choose the druid class.

I'm most certainly not asking the team to stop what they're doing and overhaul an entire class. However, something like a small skills tweak (in terms of time to code it differently) would take only a few minutes and wouldn't take away from working on the upcoming event changes.

Ok I'll stop derailing now.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Can OTM create a petition poll for the following?

Option 1: Have a regular samhain like usual.
Option 2: Have a 'Fix it' event and instead of the usual boss and fashion quests please just add chests and dedicate the event to all the major player request changes.

Edit: Yall did this last year regarding return of garanak items and it was amazing. Players felt valued and listened to and it was my favorite event since samhain 2013.
Gwydion - Xei - Warrior - 215
Taranis - Iridescence - Rogue - 225

Just want to make the game better.

Dexxa wrote:
Aileron wrote:It's just semantics. The point is it does damage upon casting. Just like Frostbite. But Strangling Vines doesn't.

I would hardly call it just semantics.

Many skills work differently and I have already said that we can add direct damage to Vines from casting earlier once we have reviewed it properly. Frostbite as you pointed out works differently again, and it is more like Vines. It does do an initial damage, damage that is multiplied by the caster's Nature Magic Ability level. This is one possible change we would add to Vines when we do a skill review, however Rend's initial damage is directly from the weapon's damage and isn't affected by Abilities so it is calculated differently.

Whatever you call it and however it is calculated is irrelevant. We can argue whether it's semantics or a variation in programming, bottom line is, Rend and Frostbite do initial damage and Vines do not. To the players, that's really all that matters and the perception why the Druid DoT spell is unbalanced compare to the others.

You give rogues a car and a druid another car. The rogue car goes faster and druids aren't happy. But you say, the rogue car has a different engine. Druids won't care what kind of engine they have. All they know is that their car is slower.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Perky wrote:Thankyou for the fast reaction, Muldar. I can ensure you Lugh is in fact dying. 1 clan killing up to Gelebron or bosses being up for hours sometimes is not what I describe as "active server". In the "Golden Lugh days" you could lagg once you entered Castle, now there is no one to be found. Plat items are hard to come by, even at double plat it was worse than ever. Some clannies of my are using their bounty tokens for super lixs, hastes in particular.

With the Pet fixes I meant the abilities every pet will get, instead of just having 1 simple "Pet Ability" and the rarity of purple tokens to buy Pets with. So far I have gotten 3 Purple Tokens, if I am not mistaken. A little rarity is good, but I dont want things to become as rare as a Void Firebolt Hrung Skull (still 0 on Lugh).

Sounds just like herne
Class: Druid, Ranger & Rouge
Level: 220
Started playing ch in 2011
Retired
Ranger level 220
Rouge 220