Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Low level area remodelling/character skill animations. Why?

Hi, forum users and OTM staff. I've noticed a couple people don't know why OTM have been remodelling areas and changing stance animations above all the other changes that we have been asking for.
we give feedback because we like to play the game and care about what's being worked on and in what order that is done, Sometimes we're biased because it directly effects us and sometimes we're not and have valid points that are very truthful.

I posted this next block of text deep inside the rant section in a thread about feedback but I feel like more players and more importantly more of the OTM staff need to see it so they get a better understanding of how things need to be managed in order to keep a happy and healthy player base.

OTM altered these new starting areas and made the animations different because they were targeting new players in an attempt to keep them playing longer instead of quitting. They did analysis testing of how many players make an account and at what points most quit and from this they determined they needed to make changes to lure these people that usually quit into playing longer. That's why these changes were so high up the list cause they thought it would increase the amount of people that continue playing and generate plat purchases.

When you make a clan in Celtic heroes, OTM. you will hopefully get some people joining and overtime that clan may become established because of those people that joined. if it does then to continue that clan and keep it going strong you need to focus on the members inside your clan, interact with them, listen to them and if the majority feel strong about something actually act on whatever that is because they are the only reason your clan is alive. You cannot make changes and do things solely for people outside that clan or your clan members will say screw you and leave because you put people outside the clan before them. Makes sense right?

Now put that into a bigger perspective as the clan being Celtic heroes itself and us the player base as the clan members. Please get your priorities sorted :)
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

Re: Low level area remodelling/character skill animations. W

I too questioned the remodel of stonevale, crookback and the tavern/pier area(although im pretty sure this is for future content)

100% agreed with you, its unfortunate that issues we bring up and constantly push for are said to be looked at... Its almost always based around the same thing plat dependency ingame for a variety, poor loot design/drop rate, and difficult leveling issues

I find myself questioning the decisions made by OTM, even as a 5 year player. I just hope in the future we can find a compromise to player needs and OTM needs

Hey Heroes,

So to reply to this I think I should explain some of the dynamics here in OTM.
While we all work under the banner of OTM we are part of smaller teams: Design, Art, Programming, QA, Support, HR and myself.

Working towards the next update each team and the members within it will be working on separate sections of content:

Design will be working on systems, quests, items, story, data access.
Art work on fashion, areas, assets, icons, textures.
Programming work on the base systems, UI, code, servers and so much more.

These teams all communicate together and have an inter department ticketing system for stuff like bugs and progress on tasks.

This means content and updates for the game are still being worked on whilst areas such as Stonevale are updated, area updates usually only take 1 - 2 people out of a much larger team.

I hope that cleared up some of the confusion on how a games studio works and answered some of the points raised.

Thanks for explaining, Muldar. that sort of puts my mind at ease about the time it takes to do certain things but I think the order things are being introduced is important in keeping the player base at ease and stopping players getting frustrated and doing as I said they do saying screw you to their chief and leaving.

Possibly in the future implement changes like the area remodelling at the same time as an important fix players have been asking for, this will mask the new area remodelling change and stop people questioning how things are done at OTM. When players just see area remodelling and new animations and nothing they've been asking for(some players have asked for things that require the art team to implement) this makes them feel like their feedback is ignored.

Listening is a start but acting on important feedback (like your recent change to proteus base adding the conflux of pureness to its loot table) to show you're listening is the best way to do it, it's sort of similar to a technique in music called "call & response" this is where a sound is made and then a reply to that sound almost like a musical conversation is made to acknowledge the first sound but you have to be sure not to neglect that first sound because even though the response is much more in depth and detail. Without the first sound there is no song and we're getting sick of calling and there not being a response because that's a really crap song.

So how about we make some music? :)
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

While OTM's team is divided to sub-teams, u cannot say each team's work doesnt influence others', what Art team decides to add also needs to work with the other mechanics of the game.

Atm, the biggest disappointment is that of the Design team's, as the quests are usually poorly done, the storyline ends fast, loot tables are bad and systems have too many failures there.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Will the Hrung skull issue be fixed next event?
Will the Gelebron issue be fixed next event?
Will the lux mage offhand glitch be fixed next event (that animation a mage does when he reads an invisible book if its not using DL/EDL offhand)?
Will people with older devices still be able to play next event?
Will the extremely, insane, impossible to get Godly/Void drop rate be fixed next event?
Will we be able to get Doch Gul armour in a reasonable amount of time next event?
Will the pet system be fixed next event?
Will the xp from bounties be fixed next event?
Will players ranging from 60-160 be able to kill their "own" event boss without endgame players help next event?
Will the mage/druid DL/EDL offhand be fixed next event?
Will buffs have a longer duration next event?
Will the xp curve be changed next event?
Will the worthles drops from raid be deleted from the loot table next event?
Will the regen issue be fixed next event?
Will we have more to do than camping and getting disappointed all over again next event?

I dont give a rats (..) about next event if these more important issues aren't fixed by then. I see more and more of the same angry complaints on forum and more servers dying. If this isn't fixed soon (not OTM's "soon" which means in the coming 5 years) I dont see Celtic Heroes being alive next year.

And yes, I am very close to quitting. Can't even remember how I got myself motivated to become endgame.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Will the Hrung skull issue be fixed next event?

Loot Review. While the tiering "By Design" I am wishing to further discuss with Design some of the communities less liked items. Anything loot related I will put "Loot Review"

Will the Gelebron issue be fixed next event?

Platform issues are currently being discussed and the best ways to fix them. May require further coding time so no guarantees for next update.

Will the lux mage offhand glitch be fixed next event (that animation a mage does when he reads an invisible book if its not using DL/EDL offhand)?

Believe this has been fixed but I will double check today.

Will people with older devices still be able to play next event?

Yes, crash reports in admin console have actually gone down from previous events. That being said no two devices are the same.

Will the extremely, insane, impossible to get Godly/Void drop rate be fixed next event?

Loot Review

Will we be able to get Doch Gul armour in a reasonable amount of time next event?

This has been further discussed in other threads and its rarity being "By Design" but I will raise this topic again.

Will the pet system be fixed next event?

What aspect is broken? Token rates? The actual pets themselves or another issue?

Will the xp from bounties be fixed next event?

Still to be reviewed. We have made some changes for this update regarding bounties.

Will players ranging from 60-160 be able to kill their "own" event boss without endgame players help next event?

Beta will give more insight into this.

Will the mage/druid DL/EDL offhand be fixed next event?

Should be. Still in testing needed.

Will buffs have a longer duration next event?

Should be the event after, currently some work is being done regarding skills. Once I know more I'll update everyone.

Will the xp curve be changed next event?

Not 100% on this.

Will the worthles drops from raid be deleted from the loot table next event?

Loot Review.

Will the regen issue be fixed next event?

Might want to further clarify this point.

Will we have more to do than camping and getting disappointed all over again next event?

Yes.

I would also like to reassure players we are looking at active player counts and player retention levels, servers are most definitely not dying and we plan to be here for years to come.

Anyone who has searched iTunes or play for mmorpg lately, or logged the noob areas of these games will know why the low level areas have been revamped. CH is getting a tiny fraction of the noob flow it used to, and seems to be doing not so hot compared to some other games who are retaining new players better.

Whales are dying off and without new whales to support OTM they aren't getting the growth they need to keep up with costs. The same is true with the lack of new casuals.

Personally I applaud the efforts as I'd rather keep playing a game kept fresh with purchases than a game put out to pasture with no updates and no future or shut down entirely.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|