Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rules Behind Account Obtaining

You don't own your account therefore, it's not yours to sell or give away. When you spend real money on your account, you don't own the plat or any items you bought with that real money, therefore, you cannot complain when OTM bans your account for whatever reason because you never own ... What you buy.

If tomorrow, OTM decides to shut down all the servers and move on to better pastures, everybody will lose all their accounts and all the items and plat they bought with real money, and OTM is under no obligation to compensate for this because... Yup, you guessed it, you never owned any of it to begin with.
This not completely correct. If you pay money for a service and it is not provided you can in most countries sue in civil court. This would apply to virtual services. What would be awarded and if it would be worth the cost is another matter.

Because something is virtual does not mean the provider has no legal obligations.

And of course if the company shut down all bets are off though I imagine it would be possible for players to apply to be creditors in a bankruptcy.

Actually, under the TOS , you arent buying but "renting"

Should read it someday, you are paying otm for them to allow you to use otm product until they see fit.
Nothing belongs to you.

To the OP, only the person who created the account may ever access it. Simple
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

landoril .. Your not paying for a service. The service .... Is free.

When you buy plat, you are buying a virtual good, which you do not own.

" COMPANY owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any other attributes associated with an account. "

"In no event shall COMPANY, Apple or any applicable Apple Source be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, direct, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, lost profits, business interruption, or lost information) rising out of your use of, or inability to use, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT"

And if anyone wants to squeeze through loopholes in the TOS, OTM can amend the TOS anytime they want, without notification.

" Without prejudice to any other of its rights, COMPANY may unilaterally terminate or modify this EULA at any time and for any reason or for no reason, with no notice to you. "

If you do find a loophole, all OTM has to do is inform you that a TOS had changed . Good luck proving it didn't.

I will concede that it's not impossible to sue and win, it's already been done once, but I am unclear of that particular games TOS and plus, it was a Chinese company... Good luck getting actually paid. But realistically, we all have agreed to a TOS that basically says, "OTM can do whatever they want" And therefore, must be accountable for that.

ToS are something you inherently agree to by playing the game. All users are encouraged to read them before playing.

Selling, buying or sharing accounts is clearly stated as against the ToS, and you will be liable to a ban without warning.

From what I understand, shared/bought accounts can pose a large burden on the support team if something goes wrong.

If you don't agree with the rule, the only thing you can do is to not play the game. It's a widely adopted condition across the virtual world, and is not new to OTM :)

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Voldemort u seem to have gotten banning given accts,cause no one knows that,it wasn't shared since I only had acct details,I don't want the acct I just want the items...don't understand why y'all can't cut some slack for me or gimme a break but nooooo

ToS are something you inherently agree to by playing the game. All users are encouraged to read them before playing.

Selling, buying or sharing accounts is clearly stated as against the ToS, and you will be liable to a ban without warning.
This is true but OTM should more prominently place the rules where people can see them. Further I do object to the selective enforcement as at least 1/5 of the end game accounts on my world were bought/sold and yet only a select few ever banned. Either it should be enforced as close to 100% as is feasible or not enforced at all.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Assuming the person you are trying to share with is a trustworthy clanny who won't scam you, there is a pretty simple loophole.

Just make a "clan bank" in the second char slot. Anyone who logs into your account is accessing the "clan bank" account and is unbannable.

In all seriousness, after they get to the auction house in 2020, OTM might eventually make an actual banking system that scales to pages, not an infinitely smaller scrollbar, thereby reducing lag.

Assuming the person you are trying to share with is a trustworthy clanny who won't scam you, there is a pretty simple loophole.

Just make a "clan bank" in the second char slot. Anyone who logs into your account is accessing the "clan bank" account and is unbannable.
Morgana just posted that all clan banks should be on an account of thier own just a little bit ago.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

This is true but OTM should more prominently place the rules where people can see them.
This is something we plan to do in future releases, it was added for next release but had to be held back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To put it super basically, if it is not your account don't play it.

Buying / selling / trading accounts are against the TOS and both parties involved are liable to be banned from the game.

Don't buy items with real money on *** etc, accounts found to be doing this will be banned without warning with no chance of appeal.

There is a long list of reasons behind these practices which Morgana has detailed in some of her previous posts.