Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Rules Behind Account Obtaining

Who can relay the rules or point me too where I can read a detailed description on this issue. It is no secret that act of account buying/selling exists but I have just a few questions regarding this.

1. Why is this act so looked down upon and why is it bannable?

2. If an account is banned because it had been sold for in-game currency and the purchaser had put tons of lux on it, is their anyway he can retrieve it.

3. If an old player quits and gives his account away to a friend is the account banable?

Any answers to these questions would be appreciated and if you have any questions yourself please ask them below.
MAIN: SangsDruid 220+ | ALT: Manifestus 220+ | ALT: Sang3000 223+
CLASS: Druid | Warrior | Rogue
WORLD: Arawn | Sulis | Sulis

Re: Rules Behind Account Obtaining

Another question I need answered (I'd never do this):
4. If someone decides to buy items for real-money is he bannable or just the seller?

3.my friend gave me an acct to use and I put 5 mil worth of items on it anddddd they banned it without a warning :) won't even answer my appeal
Did your friend still play? That may be why as it would be considered a shared account, but I'm wondering if they quit.

You don't own your account therefore, it's not yours to sell or give away. When you spend real money on your account, you don't own the plat or any items you bought with that real money, therefore, you cannot complain when OTM bans your account for whatever reason because you never own ... What you buy.

If tomorrow, OTM decides to shut down all the servers and move on to better pastures, everybody will lose all their accounts and all the items and plat they bought with real money, and OTM is under no obligation to compensate for this because... Yup, you guessed it, you never owned any of it to begin with.

You don't own your account therefore, it's not yours to sell or give away. When you spend real money on your account, you don't own the plat or any items you bought with that real money, therefore, you cannot complain when OTM bans your account for whatever reason because you never own ... What you buy.

If tomorrow, OTM decides to shut down all the servers and move on to better pastures, everybody will lose all their accounts and all the items and plat they bought with real money, and OTM is under no obligation to compensate for this because... Yup, you guessed it, you never owned any of it to begin with.
What question are you trying to answer? Btw very insightful ty.

As has been said in numerous threads, if anyone else logs your account and it's caught it will get banned.

You can give away your items but if you give away your account and it's caught that account will be banned.

Any items on a banned account are lost.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

What question are you trying to answer? Btw very insightful ty.
He answered pretty much any question related to this topic.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Any trading or sharing of any kind is a bannable offense on both sides. They could ban every account you own for sharing a single account once, much less trading for gold items or irl cash.

The only exception is clan banks which was just outlined by OTM in a recent post.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

You don't own your account therefore, it's not yours to sell or give awa.y. When you spend real money on your account, you don't own the plat or any items you bought with that real money, therefore, you cannot complain when OTM bans your account for whatever reason because you never own ... What you buy.

Maybe I am misreading your post but you seem to imply that because this is a virtual service that there is no legal contract to provide the service as advertised and this seems not completely correct.

You are right that in most countries the ingame assets are not treated as property (yet), and its all owned by OTM as IP. However if you pay money for a service and it is not provided you can in most countries sue in civil court. This would apply to virtual services.

Whether you would win or what would be awarded and if it would be worth the cost is another matter (unless in a small claims court or via a class action). In a game access to your in-game assets could be seen as the service offered to the player. Similarly a Telco may be forced to refund fees if a network is down for a long time, you don't own that phone number but you have contracted for its use and it's general availability.

The Terms and Conditions can say what they will about ownership but a T&S is just a contract that hasn't yet been tested in court. Because something is virtual does not mean the provider has no legal obligations. A famous example is Bragg v. Linden Lab. This case was settled but the court ruled on both on certain aspects of virtuality and unenforceable T&S. Virtual game law is in its infancy so who knows what future rulings will say and if there will be an international consensus.

And of course if the company shut down all bets are off though I imagine it would be possible for players to apply to be creditors in a bankruptcy.

Basically I think it's not useful to say "it's all a game so ignore money etc". This is a business and consumer have certain limited rights.
Last edited by Landoril on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)