Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New Player, Server Choice?

Swan u can't dissagree with me here because even tho you consistantly bashed resurgence in the past. we still gave u a place in clan because you were mature about it and you always had a good rep never scammed anyone.

Anyways it's up the the op to choose where he/she would like to play.. welcome to the game and enjoy it its a good one. :)
Resurgence isn't a bad clan. It's highly organized and its large member count + strength proves that the leadership is doing a good job.

I'm not opposed to Resurgence specifically, I'm opposed to the entire idea of dominant clans. If you're looking for examples of people critical of Resurgence in particular, look through Nueee's old posts. Me on the other hand, I just believe that the clan you choose should not affect your enjoyment of the game. The vast majority of people I've met in Resurgence are nice.

Regarding the OP, and any new player for that matter, Bigd's statement "welcome to the game and enjoy it its a good one" only applies to:
1. Noobs/mid levels too low to be caught up in clan drama, or
2. High levels in dominant clans who have access to the all game content

The third group of players,
3. High levels in underdog clans who get consistently outlocked at bosses

Are they enjoying the game? Questionable.

So to say, "it's up to the OP to choose where he/she would like to play," being honest and frank here if you go into Arawn or any other world where one clan dominates, in the long run there is no choice. You either join the dominant clan, or you lose out on content.
I out locked resurgence in King 5 the other day :)
Gj :)

Yes, if you want to get a chance to win a jackpot item like void and godly items, join epona. With luck, you can win over those people rolling for 5 years and never got what they wanted.
In other worlds, you will have to earn it thru dkp. Gears will be hard to get if you want to camp castle, because we don't sell boss drops. Anyway, you won't need the gears just to hang out.
Fair point, but the way I see it, joining other servers is an inherent gamble, especially for new players who may not know who's in power on the server.

Assume Clan A > Clan B in terms of strength.

If you're a new player on Server X and the first people you talk to are in Clan B, and then end up befriending/joining Clan B, that's great that you stuck with your friends but you pretty much lost access to most things above Hrung or whatever they can kill, and now you're consistently outlocked on DL/EDL so progression is crawling slow. That's part of the game you just threw in the trash, because the first people you happened to befriend were in Clan B.

Now instead if you had befriended Clan A members instead, and find your way into Clan A, then awesome. You just unlocked the rest of the game in terms of bosses past level 200 or whatever.

Again, I believe that for new players (not server transfers) who usually enter a server not knowing the people/clans there beforehand, the clan you join is pretty much a high stakes dice roll. Clan A = high roll, Clan B = low roll

/biasedranting
Oh and another point about this is just because you've been in clan B doesn't mean you can't get into clan A on arawn.. Ask infurnus or furbination who were in arawn's clan B first.. I know that's a small sample size but considering clan B on arawn consists of 7 real life ppl that's actually a large percentage of they're clan we have taken in.. ;)

Rhiannon has far less drama to write about.
Fewer words with results.
What do u mean by results? I'm curious cause we have had plenty of results ourselves being first to kill gelebron and most likely have the top number of gelebron kills cause that's what I conisder results.. (Avalon might have more I'm not sure and I don't count but we r over 30 gele kills for sure)

What do u mean by results? I'm curious cause we have had plenty of results ourselves being first to kill gelebron and most likely have the top number of gelebron kills cause that's what I conisder results.. (Avalon might have more I'm not sure and I don't count but we r over 30 gele kills for sure)
I said what I said.
We don't go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... Etc...etc...etc...etc...
Bragging about how big mine is...
We enjoy the game, laugh, and help each other without all the drama...

It really depends how casual or competitive you want to treat the game.

Epona is your go-to server if you don't care about competition. If you like being competitive and fighting other clans for drops, then the choice becomes a lot more broad.

From memory, Taranis, Rosmerta are highly competitive with similar sized top clans.

Belenus, Crom, Arawn, Morrigan, Herne have one much stronger clan than the rest which take majority of bosses but still experience fights at bosses.

Other servers such as Sulis, Rhiannon and whatever's left I don't know much about so can't comment.

From experience, I prefer competition over casual. The game lacks much content besides bosses and leveling, so if you remove the excitement of fighting for bosses, then there's really nothing much left once you hit end game.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Morrigan currently doesn't have competing end-game clans. The core of Havoc players sort of transferred servers, and the rest joined or formed other clans.
But since Avalon is a small clan, a rival clan always rises up (or comes back in one form or anothe)r. It could be Havoc again, they could just be taking a brief respite, or perhaps some other clan, just like in the last 4 years.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I said what I said.
We don't go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... Etc...etc...etc...etc...
Bragging about how big mine is...
We enjoy the game, laugh, and help each other without all the drama...
What do you mean I never mentioned how "big mine was" but I did get the nickname bigd from my clanmates who all love to laugh and enjoy the game with me ;)

If you're a serious mmo player going for endgame I'd recommend you join morrigan and try getting into Avalon, you will find it has the fairest drop distribution that won't take you 2 years to have a chance at items you want like other worlds will and that's not from a lucky roll it's based on your own effort. it's a small clan that's strict on recruiting which generally means there's gonna be little drama. You won't stumble upon half as many issues there as on other servers. I'm not from there but if I could xfer servers I'd choose morrigan so hopefully you start in the right place. But if you cause any drama or scam or somehow ruin your chances joining that clan I take no responsibility in how much money you wasted on that server.
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

Be careful about Morrigan. Avalon is one of the 2-3 strongest dominant clans and it has (one of) the best distribution mode.

BUT avalon only has about 25-30 players and only recruits a new one if somebody leaves. This means that only the best 25 players enjoy end game content. All the rest of the population well never kill any raid boss above the easiest one.

If you don't own multiple devices or you don't plan to have 5 alts at end game or you cannot play almost daily or you cannot log to kill a boss most time of the day etc. your chances of entering avalon will be thin and you will most likely quit the game or transfer out.

I am told that several dominant clans in other works have a more relaxed recruiting system and you can join if you are a nice high level no drama person
Main: Imma
Class: Druid
Lvl: 221
World: Morrigan