Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: In defense of rolling

I'm guessing none, that's why you are bashing dkp system and loot council, and in favor of rolling because you thought you won't get any drop over those who killed 100-150x.

Have you joined any dominant clan? I think in resurgence you never got passed recruit stage so that doesn't count.

You know nothing about dominant clans and how they help each other, gearwise. For an open world like epona, you will only think about yourself, gear yourself, so roll on whatever dropped. But for a dominant clan, we consider the raid team as a whole, tho we use dkp, we won't bid on every drop we can get, because we can only use one helm, 2 braces , 4 rings 2 weapons at a time, we gear each other based on what the raid needs and not what each individual wants. For example, we have 10 mages with dkp ranges from 1k to 150k, and they are all well geared.

Your example of two people with 150 and 100 Raids is the least of our problems. Example is a warrior who just joined us, attended like 5 gele raids max, got a dark gele axe and godly hrung damage brace... Why did the other veteran wars didn't outbid him? Because mostly are geared already.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Now I'd really like to hear opinions from more Eponians regarding this topic of rolling. Is there seriously no one against this?
I've been an eponian for two days now.
I think it should be class roll on everything frozen+ but I like the rest of it
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Now I'd really like to hear opinions from more Eponians regarding this topic of rolling. Is there seriously no one against this?
This will be a long post, but ill try to sum up epona in a nutshell, for myself at least.

I have been to far more bosses than any other rogue in epona, yet ive only ever won one saga conflux and never a pureness. Ive never won a dagger ring (had to buy), though ive seen them drop and won by rogues that havent put in nearly as much effort as i have. Ive had to watch a Void Solar Flames Gele dagg go to an alt rogue, who has no idea how to play the class in the first place. i have only ever won one purple crown, and know rogues that have needed crowns for over a year, but gave up on them simply because of bad luck.

But

There are no Clan Barriers, you dont even have to join a clan, and aside from small rivalries/bad experiences that are bound to happen at least sometimes, everyone gets along.

I left Anarchy (At the time the strongest clan easily) because they were recruiting so many members - to the point that it felt like an organization or a business more than a clan, while i just wanted to screw around and play with friends and have fun. If i were in any other server, doing so would immediately take away my bossing priveleges, and after a while i likely would have either begged to be added back, or quit because of lack of things to do. When i left, besides the initial dissapointment of me leaving, I lost no friends, I gained no enemies, it was essentially just stress relief from the constant grind, because i no longer wished to be a part of it

Even clanless, or in a small clan, i still manage to be better geared than 90% of rogues on any sever, though i havent bought plat in over 2 years, which also is only possible in epona.

A couple experiences to try and help clarify the epona dynamic:

I am not lying when i said i have only ever won 1 purple crown, i was given the other 7 i needed. For free. Not because people had to, or a system made them go to me, but because these people simply wanted to give them to me. i ended up being the first rogue in epona to get dl main and offhand. I know not of any other server that just lets people have drops they need/can use to better their toons, just out of the goodness of their hearts

I am regularly whispered when raid bosses are up by people from other clans, even if they dont need help to kill it, simply because they want me to know its up so i can call my clan/go if id like to

My clan is composed of entirely friends, there is not one person i log into and think to myself 'ah jeez, this guy/girl is on, i hope they dont talk to me.' Im not forced to make new friends. Of course I have many many friends in other clans, but being in a different clan than them changes nothing. Im not pressured to join any big clan, and not doing so will not stop me from killing mord, necro, prot, gelebron, snorri, sreng, anything

There is no longer tension between clans, which is likely why its much easier to talk to our high levelled players (as MortalCreed mentioned). Many of us just screw around in castle and interact with low levels when were bored
I am in a very priveleged position in Epona, if i felt like it i could join literally any clan, but its the option not to that i treasure more than anything, and I will gladly fight anyone to keep that

I do very much hate rolls sometimes, but that dislike is insignificant compared to the amount of freedom it allows me on the server. I play how i want to play, and play with who i want to play with, and thats that
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis

U can play as a non-plat buyer in any world, not a possibility exclusive to Epona alone, u will still rely on the other plat buyers.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

This will be a long post, but ill try to sum up epona in a nutshell, for myself at least.

I have been to far more bosses than any other rogue in epona, yet ive only ever won one saga conflux and never a pureness. Ive never won a dagger ring (had to buy), though ive seen them drop and won by rogues that havent put in nearly as much effort as i have. Ive had to watch a Void Solar Flames Gele dagg go to an alt rogue, who has no idea how to play the class in the first place. i have only ever won one purple crown, and know rogues that have needed crowns for over a year, but gave up on them simply because of bad luck.

But

There are no Clan Barriers, you dont even have to join a clan, and aside from small rivalries/bad experiences that are bound to happen at least sometimes, everyone gets along.

I left Anarchy (At the time the strongest clan easily) because they were recruiting so many members - to the point that it felt like an organization or a business more than a clan, while i just wanted to screw around and play with friends and have fun. If i were in any other server, doing so would immediately take away my bossing priveleges, and after a while i likely would have either begged to be added back, or quit because of lack of things to do. When i left, besides the initial dissapointment of me leaving, I lost no friends, I gained no enemies, it was essentially just stress relief from the constant grind, because i no longer wished to be a part of it

Even clanless, or in a small clan, i still manage to be better geared than 90% of rogues on any sever, though i havent bought plat in over 2 years, which also is only possible in epona.

I am not lying when i said i have only ever won 1 purple crown, i was given the other 7 i needed. For free. Not because people had to, or a system made them go to me, but because these people simply wanted to give them to me. i ended up being the first rogue in epona to get dl main and offhand. I know not of any other server that just lets people have drops they need/can use to better their toons, just out of the goodness of their hearts

I am regularly whispered when raid bosses are up by people from other clans, even if they dont need help to kill it, simply because they want me to know its up so i can call my clan/go if id like to

My clan is composed of entirely friends, there is not one person i log into and think to myself 'ah jeez, this guy/girl is on, i hope they dont talk to me.' Im not forced to make new friends. Of course I have many many friends in other clans, but being in a different clan than them changes nothing. Im not pressured to join any big clan, and not doing so will not stop me from killing mord, necro, prot, gelebron, snorri, sreng, anything

There is no longer tension between clans, which is likely why its much easier to talk to our high levelled players (as MortalCreed mentioned). Many of us just screw around in castle and interact with low levels when were bored
I am in a very priveleged position in Epona, if i felt like it i could join literally any clan, but its the option not to that i treasure more than anything, and I will gladly fight anyone to keep that

I do very much hate rolls sometimes, but that dislike is insignificant compared to the amount of freedom it allows me on the server. I play how i want to play, and play with who i want to play with, and thats that
It's good that you have had a good experience in Epona. But you are among the exception and certainly not the status quo. Many MMO guilds/clans/servers that use the rolling system have many unsatisfied and disgruntled players, especially those who play hard and have very bad luck.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

But

Very well said from an experienced player of epona. At least you didn't defend rolling.
I like it how you showed us how great people of Epona is, and that's better than any loot distribution system.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Zyz ... Yea .... I believe if you are offline and do not contribute in real time to a particular boss fight ... You should not get a chance of getting that particular drop.

I also believe that if I am online and do help get that drop in an effective, legitimate manner ... Then I should have an equal chance at that particular drop no matter if the other players present have played longer or if an offline or non participant player needs it more.

There is nothing selfish about that or me me me.

It's rewarding the players that contributed to getting that drop.

I'm not claiming that the roll system is perfectly fair or without drawbacks. I've just come to the conclusion after playing this game for 4 years on multiple servers and platforms and in different clans that I would prefer a roll system for the participants of the boss fight over other systems in MOST situations.

I understand in the endgame scenario that this would lead to diluting drops distribution to where people could not get armored or it would take even longer to do so.

I get it.

Perhaps those drops can be dealt with separate.

Zyz ... Yea .... I believe if you are offline and do not contribute in real time to a particular boss fight ... You should not get a chance of getting that particular drop.

I also believe that if I am online and do help get that drop in an effective, legitimate manner ... Then I should have an equal chance at that particular drop no matter if the other players present have played longer or if an offline or non participant player needs it more.

I'm not claiming that the roll system is perfectly fair or without drawbacks. I've just come to the conclusion after playing this game for 4 years on multiple servers and platforms and in different clans that I would prefer a roll system for the participants of the boss fight over other systems in MOST situations.

I understand in the endgame scenario that this would lead to diluting drops distribution to where people could not get armored or it would take even longer to do so.

I get it.

Either rolls are fair or they aren't fair. And for you it is selfish as you said you don't see the point in coming to a boss if you can't get something out of it. I like to look at over all contribution rather than right then and there. While everyone should have access to hear, not everyone should have equal access to the same gear. A mage getting a vit helm so they have more health to lix makes less sense than that helm going to a tank. A damage helm going to a mage makes less sense than it going to a melee toon.

So I'm curious on your opinion. If the main reason for going to these bosses is to get a drop, what happens when all the druids and tanks have what they need from mord / necro /hrung and don't want to come because they won't get anything out of it?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I get it.

Either rolls are fair or they aren't fair. And for you it is selfish as you said you don't see the point in coming to a boss if you can't get something out of it. I like to look at over all contribution rather than right then and there. While everyone should have access to hear, not everyone should have equal access to the same gear. A mage getting a vit helm so they have more health to lix makes less sense than that helm going to a tank. A damage helm going to a mage makes less sense than it going to a melee toon.

So I'm curious on your opinion. If the main reason for going to these bosses is to get a drop, what happens when all the druids and tanks have what they need from mord / necro /hrung and don't want to come because they won't get anything out of it?
We do dkp but like focus helms mainly go to casters, vit spears to tanks etc. Str dex attack prot brace won't be bid on by a caster. And void is limited. Like a void vit halbard can only be bid on by an active tank. Just think it makes sense that way then random whoever
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)