Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: In defense of rolling

Zyz, if I need water, and I help the group collect water but don't get any when we get back to camp... I'm gonna probably eventually stop helping the group collect water.

If I have all the water I need, perhaps I won't be motivated all the time to help collect water, but since my needs are met and the group has helped me collect water in the past when I needed it, I am far more likely to help collect water even if I don't need any.

This is real simple stuff Zyz. I'm surprised you seem shocked at my perspective.

I am far more likely to help at a boss that I don't need .... Then keep running to bosses that I need or want drops from and help a group when I have little to zero chance of reward time and time and time again.... For whatever reason.

Also, you will never convince me that someone who did not participate at a boss fight is more entitled to a drop then the people who DID participate in principle. This whole issue is convoluted anyway. Who is stopping anyone, who wins the drop through a roll, to GIVE the drop to that more entitled person if he or she feels like that person deserves it more because of the totality of that players contribution to the group over time.

None.

But at least with a roll, you have a chance... And options once you win. With most of the other ways, your just gearing other people and begging for scraps off the table in a lot of scenarios. You don't have a chance and don't have options.

What a faulty and twisted analogy.

You forgot to mention you have no guarantee to any water because your group rolls a dice on who gets to drink the water. So you keep collecting water and never wins, so you end up in the same scenario as your first. Would you continue collecting water for the group if after 100 trips to the well, and you still havent won a sip? Not me. Illl find a group that would pool all the water and share it with the entire grpup.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

This pretty much sums it up

You forgot to mention you have no guarantee to any water because your group rolls a dice on who gets to drink the water. So you keep collecting water and never wins, so you end up in the same scenario as your first. Would you continue collecting water for the group if after 100 trips to the well, and you still havent won a sip? Not me. Illl find a group that would pool all the water and share it with the entire grpup.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

Ouch, used ur analogy to rekt u so hard Zend. For real, Aileron's use of ur analogy Zendroid was perfectly showing how flawed can rolling system be and is, simply by chaning pixel drops to something as water,
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I'm honestly sick of this topic...

DKP is a better system than rolling

I agree with that statement. Plenty of times people have won items through dicing that I could have used better. People who play very little win great drops. Sometimes people even win drops they can't and can never use.... But what's the price of a Dom clan?

In epona, we have complete freedom. We have the freedom to start and join any clan we want. We have the freedom to be friends with whoever we want. We can help whoever we want. We can buy whatever we want. We can stand in castle and talk for as long as we want. This isn't true for most dominant clan servers.

How many of you can say that you have have helped, or even been friendly to someone in another clan recently? Not many, I bet. In epona, people are constantly helping others, clannies or not. If you ask anyone nicely for help and they're not busy, you'll probably get it here.

I'm not sure about other servers, but arawn is very unsocial in the castle. I know this because I visit there sometimes. And I don't blame them, if someone was out locking my clan and I at bosses, I wouldn't be fond of talking to them either. In epona however, there's usually a conversation happening in castle, being anything from last nights mord drops to favourite pizza toppings.

I invite everyone ranting about how awful rolling is to make a character in epona, and just talk to the players there for a couple of minutes. Then decide if rolling is as bad as you think.
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

I agree with that statement. Plenty of times people have won items through dicing that I could have used better. People who play very little win great drops. Sometimes people even win drops they can't and can never use.... But what's the price of a Dom clan?

In epona, we have complete freedom. We have the freedom to start and join any clan we want. We have the freedom to be friends with whoever we want. We can help whoever we want. We can buy whatever we want. We can stand in castle and talk for as long as we want. This isn't true for most dominant clan servers.

How many of you can say that you have have helped, or even been friendly to someone in another clan recently? Not many, I bet. In epona, people are constantly helping others, clannies or not. If you ask anyone nicely for help and they're not busy, you'll probably get it here.

I'm not sure about other servers, but arawn is very unsocial in the castle. I know this because I visit there sometimes. And I don't blame them, if someone was out locking my clan and I at bosses, I wouldn't be fond of talking to them either. In epona however, there's usually a conversation happening in castle, being anything from last nights mord drops to favourite pizza toppings.

I invite everyone ranting about how awful rolling is to make a character in epona, and just talk to the players there for a couple of minutes. Then decide if rolling is as bad as you think.
I'm always friendly to people in my server regardless of the banner, just because I'm in a dominant clan doesn't make me a jackass, I'm rather offended because you've more or less implied this in your statement.
Myself and opposing clans talk and joke at bosses, there's chatter in the castle, friendly banter about winning/losing lock battles. When it gets to personal the person making it personal is told to pull their head in, I respect your opinion about your server and however you choose to do things is completely up to you. But in your attempt at explaining to people (that you don't have to explain anything to) that worlds with clans that use a dkp system don't have what you have you're trying to make out we are stuck up rude and take everything personal, step back and have a think about what you're writing and make sure you know what you're talking about. Yes you have freedom of making and joining any clan and still it doesn't effect your progression, you have that over dkp system dominant clans. But we have friends in other clans and still lock battle them, yes the odd few have some resentment, most don't and I'm sure that's the same on your server in another context because there's always that minority of difficult people.
Id invite you to come try out a dkp system but it would take a few weeks/months because you have to earn drops you want and there's no luck involved or gold spent buying good drops off noobs.
Before someone jumps in crying I'm attacking you this isn't me attacking you it's me trying me to help you see there is such thing as friendly competition on a friendly server where we still use dkp to distribute loot
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

I'm always friendly to people in my server regardless of the banner, just because I'm in a dominant clan doesn't make me a jackass, I'm rather offended because you've more or less implied this in your statement.
Myself and opposing clans talk and joke at bosses, there's chatter in the castle, friendly banter about winning/losing lock battles. When it gets to personal the person making it personal is told to pull their head in, I respect your opinion about your server and however you choose to do things is completely up to you. But in your attempt at explaining to people (that you don't have to explain anything to) that worlds with clans that use a dkp system don't have what you have you're trying to make out we are stuck up rude and take everything personal, step back and have a think about what you're writing and make sure you know what you're talking about. Yes you have freedom of making and joining any clan and still it doesn't effect your progression, you have that over dkp system dominant clans. But we have friends in other clans and still lock battle them, yes the odd few have some resentment, most don't and I'm sure that's the same on your server in another context because there's always that minority of difficult people.
Id invite you to come try out a dkp system but it would take a few weeks/months because you have to earn drops you want and there's no luck involved or gold spent buying good drops off noobs.
Before someone jumps in crying I'm attacking you this isn't me attacking you it's me trying me to help you see there is such thing as friendly competition on a friendly server where we still use dkp to distribute loot
Sounds like a great server, Id personally find it hard to joke around and be friends with people I was constantly fighting against, but seems like you do it quite well. And I wasn't aiming this at dom clan members, this is aimed at everyone. Besides, if one clan isn't the best, another would be. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against other servers... I actually really like that a clan works together to gear up members, and I wish epona was more like that. It just seemed like people were emphasising that we're based on luck, rather than inclusion and friendliness. A Dom clan that rolls on drops would be the worst system ever :lol:
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

Epona was more like that. Clans would help gear their members and their friends from other clans.
Of course there were limits, you can't expect people to give away good gear to people they hardly knew.
An open and free rolling system heavily depended on the kindness and generosity of players towards each other and over the years players of Epona knew this.
After a short break from the game I am disgusted at the state of Epona now. So much greed and selfishness, generally but not exclusively from newer players who have taken our system as a free for all and opportunity for personal gain only.
Makes my blood boil.
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage