Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: In defense of rolling

As for people thinking epona might be full of secret alts to gain advantage, I highly doubt that happens. People that decide to share or give away accounts get reported by their own clan most of the time and if you get caught double rolling your main and your alt are pretty much banned then it's time to start over. Really it's just a better choice to play it fair or it will be a big mistake to regret making.

I agree it's less effective for those and other reasons vulture, however the math shows beyond any doubt the dps is highest with all gear evenly spread out.
Sadly that was not the choice. There were people who had 3-4 gara sets and people without. Due to dicing, people with alts had a big advantage, some people allowed other toons to share gear they didn't need at that moment and the system worked fine with those people.

Problem was when like vulture explained 'greed before need' happened. People were literally hoarding gear, making it impossible for newer players to win gear that matched their level( 190's + hardcore camping comrak(140 boss)). Then either hoarding all the drops to 'collect sets' or trying to rip you off. Ya the rolling system may work for you but a small amount of people pissed of the majority.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Can someone give me a rundown on what loot council is?

I'm assuming its leaders voting for who gets what item. For this you would need leaders who would be saints with no affiliation with people in clan, seems impossible to avoid bias.

Clans already have so much trouble doing DL/EDL armour/wep voting because there's always that one person shouting bias and giving a hard time to leaders.

Of coarse this is all assumption. I really do hope this isn't the case.
Wattzon of Sulis

I'm assuming its leaders voting for who gets what item. For this you would need leaders who would be saints with no affiliation with people in clan, seems impossible to avoid bias.

Clans already have so much trouble doing DL/EDL armour/wep voting because there's always that one person shouting bias and giving a hard time to leaders.

Yes thats exactly what loot council is.

In Avalon we do use a form of loot council for quest armor/weapons, well, basically its me deciding and then our guards giving me feedback whether its the right choice or offer another opinion. But our decisions are based on DKP, and isnt purely subjective and we have that to guide us. Those who loot council purely on perception is when things go awry as no person can fully measure ones contribution simply going on memory.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I agree it's less effective for those and other reasons vulture, however the math shows beyond any doubt the dps is highest with all gear evenly spread out.
Sadly that was not the choice. There were people who had 3-4 gara sets and people without. Due to dicing, people with alts had a big advantage, some people allowed other toons to share gear they didn't need at that moment and the system worked fine with those people.

Problem was when like vulture explained 'greed before need' happened. People were literally hoarding gear, making it impossible for newer players to win gear that matched their level( 190's + hardcore camping comrak(140 boss)). Then either hoarding all the drops to 'collect sets' or trying to rip you off. Ya the rolling system may work for you but a small amount of people pissed of the majority.
Scroll up and you will find I have never endorsed rolling for loot.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Yes thats exactly what loot council is.

In Avalon we do use a form of loot council for quest armor/weapons, well, basically its me deciding and then our guards giving me feedback whether its the right choice or offer another opinion. But our decisions are based on DKP, and isnt purely subjective and we have that to guide us. Those who loot council purely on perception is when things go awry as no person can fully measure ones contribution simply going on memory.
Aileron is being nice and not even bringing into question cronyism which I have seen corrupt clans many times on many games. Cronyism is even a problem with dkp and other systems, it's not limited to loot council. Heck I've even seen a clan get a epic drop and say something like "yea you know those rules and dkp well we are tossing them out as this gen has done so much for the clan so he's just gonna take it and F*** you all - ok?" You can imagine how that went over lmafo.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Cronyism is even a problem with dkp and other systems, it's not limited to loot council. Heck I've even seen a clan get a epic drop and say something like "yea you know those rules and dkp well we are tossing them out as this gen has done so much for the clan so he's just gonna take it and F*** you all - ok?" You can imagine how that went over lmafo.
That isn't necessarily a problem with dkp systems as much as an issue with the leadership to decide to override the dkp system in favor of someone else.

More often than not, I've seen many of our members pass on a loot they can take over someone else due to higher DKP priority because they think someone else deserve it more. That makes me all tingly inside.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Scroll up and you will find I have never endorsed rolling for loot.
It wasn't meant as an attack, was just trying to point out loot wasn't really spread over the whole playerbase.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Yes that's how a loot council is. On Fingal, we have two clans that have worked together on edl, mord, hrung, necro, and proteus for over a year now (well except for proteus which is a much newer kill). There is a shared bank for all these drops. The drop distribution is decided by myself and Tevin (the clan chief of the allied clan). All drops are screen shotted to the group app chat and the players request the drops they'd like that have dropped. If only one player requests a drop, it is given over. If more than one player requests a drop, then Tevin and I discuss whom would best make use of the drop. We take into consideration overall contribution at bosses, time in length of game, activity level, how many drops they already have vs the other players requesting the same drop. This is a system that has worked great for us. Occasionally a player will get upset because they feel more entitled to receive a drop over another player. But this is the system a majority of the players that raid on Fingal have endorsed and supported. We started with rolls and it ended up with very upset players more times than not.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue