Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rolling For Raid Drops

Curious as to see a definition of casual player. Is it one who plays 1-5 hours a week, 5-10 hours a week?? Some people must realize that there is an older player base who work. In my case I can only log for an hour in the morning (before work while drinking a ton of coffee) and maybe 1.5-2 hours a night, unfortunately not every night. Weekends, of course I try spend more time on game. Would this classify me as a "casual player"? Just curious how other clans determine "casual" and should not get drops over people that are able to play 5-10 hours a day.

PS. not knocking those players...excellent job if you can.
Arawn
LoneHawk - Mage - General Resurgence
Korac - Rogue

Curious as to see a definition of casual player. Is it one who plays 1-5 hours a week, 5-10 hours a week?? Some people must realize that there is an older player base who work. In my case I can only log for an hour in the morning (before work while drinking a ton of coffee) and maybe 1.5-2 hours a night, unfortunately not every night. Weekends, of course I try spend more time on game. Would this classify me as a "casual player"? Just curious how other clans determine "casual" and should not get drops over people that are able to play 5-10 hours a day.

PS. not knocking those players...excellent job if you can.
Yeah sometimes priorities take over and you can't play as much as you would like to :( but I think you're pretty close there regarding labelling casual, I believe people have different definitions of it.

Active for me would mean 15+ hours a week where as casual around 5 hours a week. -1 hour a week is creeping towards inactive and not logging for weeks at a time being inactive. Just my opinion of course no one has to agree
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

Yeah, for me "casual" means playing an hour or so a once or twice a week. Anything above that number, to me, would be active. In-active...lol...once or twice a month or less for a whopping total of less than 5 hours.
Arawn
Korac - Rogue

Casual vs Hardcore doesn't have anything to do with how often you play. You can be a 40-hour a week casual player or a 10-hour a week hardcore player.

Hardcore is when you do your best to login as much as possible when your clan needs you, attends all of the major raids as much as possible, and generally have multiple high level toons so you can be flexible and provide whatever is needed by your clan. These types of players are also willing to sacrifice much for the good of their clan and almost all their play time is directed towards accomplishing clan goals, e.g. camping bosses, farming, etc.

Casual is when you only play at your leisure, and don't really care if your clan progresses in the game or provide help to camp or kill bosses when called. Usually have different priorities than hardcore gamers, some just wants to do some hack n slash and grind and that's enough for them, some like to play solely for merching, or pvp, or just hang around at the castle to socialize. Nothing wrong with those play styles, MMO games mean differently to every one.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Yeah, for me "casual" means playing an hour or so a once or twice a week. Anything above that number, to me, would be active. In-active...lol...once or twice a month or less for a whopping total of less than 5 hours.
+1 this seems pretty accurate. But to be active you need to help the clan. I think at one point our clan said "active" was at least camping and killing 5 bosses per week. If you camp the castle.. then that's not being active :D
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

@Aileron...lol...guess I wouldn't have much in your clan as I would be considered "casual" Most of the bosses are killed when I'm at work so there isn't much I can do except grind to 225. :D

@Bitey...Understand camping castle...yeah that not active
Arawn
Korac - Rogue

I see the attraction of DKP system because at its best it rewards effort and for a big clan puts the drops in the most useful hands (useful for the clan) but I dont see how rolling rewards casuals that much.

if you go to every boss you roll more and therefore get more drops. If you don't go to many bosses you don't get to roll much and get less drops and need to buy them or rely on friends.

Some clans discourage swapping drops outside the clan others don't. Not perfect but neither is DKP always perfect from what I read though some types seem very responsive and fair in clan. I bet there are smaller clans on big clan DKP worlds that think point systems don't matter at all because they are locked out of bosses anyway.

The type of loot distribution system that is unattractive to me is loot council because of its inherent possibility of favouritism, cronyism and corruption. Not saying that is always the case but it can easily move in that direction.

The real test for a world like Epona is yet to come. As more people tranfer there and the number of End Players increase but the number of Boss spawns stay constant will lock free battles and rolling survive? Bring on Instance dungeons for at least quest Bosses I say. And get rid of Coloured drops !!!
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)

but I dont see how rolling rewards casuals that much.
The fact that casuals get the same chance as active players already is a reward.
It only takes one ultra rare godly/void item that is won by a less active player and pretty soon most will realize it's not the best/optimal way to distribute loot if your long term goal is to keep killing bosses.

I know DKP systems are hard to maintain and takes dedication but if leaders value their members time and effort, they wouldn't punish active members into relying on dumb luck to get geared.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I wander the game sometimes late at night for an hour or so and attend as many bosses as possible so I guess you could say I'm a hardcore player. I log for edl as much as I can as well. I don't contribute with my alts near as much as say ceinwen bluestarr or aileron.
MortalCreed 225 Rogue
EMT 136+ Druid
Zapto 215+ Mage
Noob of Avalon:D
FULL DOCH GUL+VOID DAGGER
My YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/ajhrygBzBBU