Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rolling For Raid Drops

It's not that Epona is having difficulties regarding drops... Anyone coming here typically knows that this is an open world where anyone meeting lvl/armour reqs can dice. Yes, we have alts who are better geared than some mains, but typically those alts are played by people who have been playing/collecting for years with alts in mind. Multiple people with well geared alts are 210+ along with their main and multi/device or will log the needed toon for the boss.

Ya Epona has more drops spread out, someone needing 1 crown for dl wep, someone else having it but not wanting to trade etc. but, that's how Epona works. It has created an economy for all. We do have some class restrictive rolls on EDL, Necro and Prot/Gele.

The reason for that post was because we've had a number of players quit/xfer due to device issues, real life, this event being super sucky (3 dif crappy rings in one loot table) etc. so the main issue we face on Epona is getting the numbers for boss kills. Which is where these dual devices come into play. They can log a Druid, tank etc to help actually get the boss done. What's happening is we have some people calling these dual devicers greedy because they have more than one character there...and they're well equipped. These people,have also put in the time and effort to camp/gear themselves for situations such as this.

Ik Resurgence has a 5 box Druid. Is she greedy for bringing 5 of the same class to a boss fight? No. She is looking out for the greater good of her clan. Helping to get a boss done for the clan.

So yes, there are servers that still have open rolls for boss raids. Is it for everyone? No. Does it help those that can't be at every single boss kill to accrue DKP to obtain items that way? Definitely. Players need to choose a server and look at its loot distribution to see if it fits their play style. In the end, you need to play where it makes you happy. No system is perfect though.

Somber wrote:It's not that Epona is having difficulties regarding drops... Anyone coming here typically knows that this is an open world where anyone meeting lvl/armour reqs can dice. Yes, we have alts who are better geared than some mains, but typically those alts are played by people who have been playing/collecting for years with alts in mind. Multiple people with well geared alts are 210+ along with their main and multi/device or will log the needed toon for the boss.

Ya Epona has more drops spread out, someone needing 1 crown for dl wep, someone else having it but not wanting to trade etc. but, that's how Epona works. It has created an economy for all. We do have some class restrictive rolls on EDL, Necro and Prot/Gele.

The reason for that post was because we've had a number of players quit/xfer due to device issues, real life, this event being super sucky (3 dif crappy rings in one loot table) etc. so the main issue we face on Epona is getting the numbers for boss kills. Which is where these dual devices come into play. They can log a Druid, tank etc to help actually get the boss done. What's happening is we have some people calling these dual devicers greedy because they have more than one character there...and they're well equipped. These people,have also put in the time and effort to camp/gear themselves for situations such as this.

Ik Resurgence has a 5 box Druid. Is she greedy for bringing 5 of the same class to a boss fight? No. She is looking out for the greater good of her clan. Helping to get a boss done for the clan.

So yes, there are servers that still have open rolls for boss raids. Is it for everyone? No. Does it help those that can't be at every single boss kill to accrue DKP to obtain items that way? Definitely. Players need to choose a server and look at its loot distribution to see if it fits their play style. In the end, you need to play where it makes you happy. No system is perfect though.

I don't question that alts who outdo mains in all departments should be rewarded, but since the best items in this game are so rare can you really afford to gamble them off?

What happens when a level194 warrior wins a voidscale poison mord helm on his first few kills when there are several 220+ veteran players who've amassed hundreds of mord kills between them.

One particular clannie gets so irritated that he decides to form his own clan and starts a revolution. Then all of Epona see the error in gambling and start using a point system. Everyone's happy and getting loot through a fair system.

The lvl194 warrior is sad and lonely because he can't afford to make all the raids compared to the end game players, who take time off their jobs, no life, dual/triple/quad at raids, therefore the warrior can't win the best items because he isn't putting more work.

Guys I'm going to start a company, I'm not going to look at your portfolios or resumes, I don't give a single unfathomable if you're from Harvard of Oxford, I am chancing your luck through a dice system, the highest roll gets to work here, even if they just graduated from High School.

A fresh high school graduate them wins the roll. He has zero work experience.

That new employee is going to give you far less quality work compared to the ones who could have been potentially hired.

See it this way. Your better and more active players get the better gear of their choice. Active players generally show up to more bosses than inactive yes? So everything dies quicker, bosses that are difficult to take down like Gele die quicker.

The only ones who are sulking are those who casually play the game. But that doesn't mean they should be rewarded as equal to the ones who put in the extra yard.
Wattzon of Sulis

I believe all clans in Lugh except Alliance dice for drops again. If Independent kills a boss as a clan, there will be no dicing, are there people present from other clans, they will dice. DL and EDL can only be won if youre the right color for it, so a Druid cant roll for Purple's, except when theres a drop and no toon of the right class is present, then everyone rolls for it, after all other drops are diced. If there is only 1 mage and Unox dropped 3 blue items, all items go to that mage, but it could be different now, so not sure about this. Class specific Raid items are also diced by the right class, same rules apply as DL/EDL. Non-class specific drops are diced as last by everyone who didn't win an item that fight and I believe alts can also roll, but once your alt has won an item, your main can't roll for the next item anymore.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

It's sad when you bring an alt that is necessary to complete the raid, and get called greedy for it. In the beginning of U4 my druid was 1 of 2 active druids, and was constantly called to bosses. Severly underleveled however very active, I gained half my dl set before even reaching 150.

The levels started coming in and as I was progressing people constantly called me greedy, told me I wasn't needed(except they'd request me to just bring my druid and not my rogue) etc. Rules were made against alts, "if you dual device at a boss, you have to choose which account you're rolling for before the boss dies. If it drops green and you chose your rogue, tough luck." I was one of the only few people who dual deviced back then, so the rule was made entirely for me. People are stupid.

The rolling system is a joke, and it's a way for the majority of players on a server who make up the category of casual players to rule the entire server in a way that benefits them greater than people who play the game consistently.

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid

123456 wrote:a druid can out dps a ranger fairly easily in a dps build. Adrith

1234567 wrote: Hrung ring+mordy spear > necro ring+edl dagger. Furyion

limbo

LeGenDzZ wrote:Which servers continue to roll for Mord/Necro/Event/EDL etc drops, and how well is it going for you?

My clan rolls for royal/dark items only... we don't think it's fair to roll for the op items like a void helm or godly blood ring. Luck shouldn't decide who gets the item. It goes to the most active person who requests but we also backtrack the requested drops of everyone who requests a specific item. That means if two people are both pretty active and the one got 2 void items from clan and the other one didn't request anything then it goes to person 2... Simple. (Sulis)
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 225 rogue
MF, 224 mage
They call me the raid boss slayer.
What's a D3stiny?

IMO the entire concept of alt and main is bull****. If they are of level, and can do thier job in the raid well (unlike mains who just afk and do nothing helpful) then you should get an equal reward for equal work.

Main/alt differences incentivizes lying and endless drama about who is actually behind the keyboard. The last clan I was in before aeon was burnt to the ground by greedy liars including gens who pretended to be mains to get suckers to turn over all loot to thier alts. This doesent even include account sharing where people dual main and lie through their teeth about it.

Suck it the **** up and buy another device if you want more loot by earning it. If everyone could 5 box half as well as me there wouldn't be a single server not able to kill Gelebron.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Yes Bitey, Avalon. I don't pay too close attention to clans outside my world, but I knew there was a 5 boxer in Aileron's clan, just couldn't remember which he was in.

Legendzz, like I said, people know what they're getting into when coming to Epona. That's why we have a lot of more casual players. These casual players are now also end game and help out at bosses. We've also had hardcore gamers with great gear, who are now inactive. So in your DKP world, is it fair that these godly/imperial/void drops are now sitting on an inactive account? All these other people worked so hard as well, and this person up and decides to quit/xfer or just doesn't play as often... Same thing happens in every world regarding gear.

Like I said before, not every system is perfect nor does it fit everyone's play style. To reward those people who take breaks from work, school, family etc just to attend a boss to get their DKP... That's for them. Not everyone wants to be that dedicated. They value their work, family, school. Why punish them for actually living life? Thats what makes Epona what it is. Nobody is forcing people to stay where we dice for items.

In your analogy, a potential employee doesn't HAVE to apply for that job where they know that they're competing against high schoolers with a GED. It's their choice if they want to or not.

And a killer drop that goes to a lower level or someone who can't use, is often times sold. That is what drives Epona's economy. We work together at bosses with multiple clans so a DKP system doesn't really work.

I miss plenty of bosses because I don't use Wechat or any other communication app. Do I care? No. When I'm in game I'll boss, lix and help out, when I'm not in game, I'm usually working or with family. Epona fits my play style, come as you are whether you're hardcore or casual.

Bottom line, play in a world where it and it's loot distribution fits you.