Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 5th Anniversary Celebrations! - Double Bounty XP Weekend

I never say this event is bad if u can read proper English. I say whether this event is good or not is random based. If you are lucky and get elite bounty this event is great. If u r unlucky and get all normal bounties, this event will upset u. So why have an event whose benefit is random and determined by chance? That is my issue. I hope everyone gets elite bounties during this event and don't tear your hair out if all u get are normal bounties. It is common to have only normal bounties three days in a row. It is just like giving u a boss that has an awesome drop but that drop never drops.but what is new? That's how Otm design this game in so far as endgame boss drops are concerned. Now it looks like that design philosophy has been extended to special celebration events. I would have been more welcoming if it is a double xp event for all mobs. Think that only happened one time in my 5 years playing CH during update 3 when ow opened. Back to my Temple of The God of Fortune to pray for elite bounties over the weekend.
Your only criticism of double bounty XP is the fact that the type of bounty you get is randomly determined? News flash, the randomness of bounties was a thing before the anniversary event.

"So why have an event whose benefit is random and determined by chance? That is my issue."

The benefit is fixed 2X. Double bounty XP regardless of the type you get. The randomness/chance element existed BEFORE the anniversary event. That isn't something new introduced in this event.

If I get 5 regular bounties for 50k exp each and one elite bounty for 200k exp, I'd get 450k total exp. With double exp, that's 900k exp. Notice how the math doesn't just apply to elites.

That's like OTM cutting the respawn and window time of all DL/EDL bosses in half and then you complain "why bother with this event? Only benefit when it's not a 4*." The 4* chance compared to 5/6* was an issue before that event, so it's not a valid complaint about the event itself.
I think what I got from his complaining and broken english was that the event could have been even better if the random factor, which as you said, existed before the event, could have been reduced. So for example, an increase in the probability of elite bounties would have been something to look forward to.

And so the increase in XP still has a stochastic element to it which means your example has overly optimistic numbers that no high level will be getting unless he/she gets an elite bounty.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

^I agree, Elite Bounties doubled will be amazing.

The thing I don't understand is how Smelly can complain that the Event is only great with Elite Bounties. Yes, it will be GREAT if you get a ton of Elite Bounties, but how will the event "upset you" if you get a regular Bounty? You are STILL getting double the XP so what in the bloody hell can you complain about?

Someone has become quite cynical and bitter there at the top spot.
Would you kindly?

The thing I don't understand is how Smelly can complain that the Event is only great with Elite Bounties. Yes, it will be GREAT if you get a ton of Elite Bounties, but how will the event "upset you" if you get a regular Bounty? You are STILL getting double the XP so what in the bloody hell can you complain about?

Well look at this level and think again. Standard bounties are useless for him and people of higher level. If you get pure standard bounties throughout the entire event, it's not much of a help. But if you get a few Elites in there, it will be a solid event.
DarkDruid67 Level 220+
Leader Of Revival
Taranis

Well look at this level and think again. Standard bounties are useless for him and people of higher level. If you get pure standard bounties throughout the entire event, it's not much of a help. But if you get a few Elites in there, it will be a solid event.
Players well above the soft level cap get the vast majority of their exp from bounties. So they actually benefit more from this event then the average player does, since the average player also grinds/lixes.

So happy that cheery Swan is back on the Forums because now we don't need to have any opinions involving mathematics.
Swan math champ ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcements up now! Servers restart at 12 - 1 hour 30.

Hope you all saved your bounties!

And look out for that Triple Hagvar Spawn Time ;)