Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How much pet token on your server?

Bitey wrote:
BlackMamba wrote:What's the purpose of the triangle graphic? Pascal's triangle is normally used for binomial expansion, ie (x+y)^n. No need to make it more complicated especially if you don't understand it lol

It's to show how many tokens it takes to breed pets. I understand it just fine thanks.

The problem with showing equations in fancy mathematical presentations makes folks averse to math just ignore it.

It's really just Grade 1 Arithmetic, not algebra, not calculus, no theorems named after long-dead mathematicians.

Pet token requirements up to level 6 for a tier 4 pet (initial cost multiplied by 2 every level)

4 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 128

For tier 1-3:
1 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 32
2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 64
3 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 96

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Bitey wrote:
Aileron wrote:
Malicious wrote:I need 60 more to make tier 6 but no one sells unfortunately, now going more expensive by the day.
Still as I've said in previous post it will take time but will be worth it

Is it really worth it? Not in my opinion. Especially when a better comes out next event. You gonna do it all over again?

My prediction: dogs and rabbits will stay as permanent content like OTM said. In future events there will be seasonal pets (example: Beltane mini-dragon) that are only available for a limited time. That will drive people to buy more chests to get the best version of the limited time seasonal pet. It's what they did for fashion when it was introduced; a couple shops where you can buy basic fashion, and then make all fashion limited time items from chests. If the past is any indication of the future, this is what will happen with pets.

We can only hope!
The pet token market on taranis opened at 75k per token and closed at 175k per today.
Tanaris - Rogue - lvl211+ - Hamwallett "retired"
Rose - Druid - lvl1+ - MissBlack '"Main"

Bitey wrote:
BlackMamba wrote:What's the purpose of the triangle graphic? Pascal's triangle is normally used for binomial expansion, ie (x+y)^n. No need to make it more complicated especially if you don't understand it lol

It's to show how many tokens it takes to breed pets. I understand it just fine thanks.

The formula for pet tokens is x*2^(n-1) where x is tokens per tier 1 pet and n is the tier. What you posted is a lame attempt to demonstrate your "expertise" with mathematics. Try one of these terms: Double, multiply by 2, exponential. All of them work better in this case
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

BlackMamba wrote:
Bitey wrote:

The formula for pet tokens is x*2^(n-1) where x is tokens per tier 1 pet and n is the tier. What you posted is a lame attempt to demonstrate your "expertise" with mathematics. Try one of these terms: Double, multiply by 2, exponential. All of them work better in this case

your formula doesnt make sense, there is only 1 tier 1 pet
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Actually, Mamba was right -- the number of tokens needed for a given tier/level is:

X = a*2^(n-1)

Where X is the number of tokens needed;
a is the number of tokens needed for 1 pet;
N is the tier you want.

That way you can go to any tier easily ;)

It's an exponential increase, and am wondering if it's worth getting to level 6. I'm sure they'll just keep adding levels...

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff | Have I Moderated Unfairly? Any Questions?

Want me to read your post? Quote me!