admin wrote:Hi there, I will post really quick but we are still working on the update so things may change if we hit a major issue or we may decide to add more if we decide something really needs to go in.
Here is a rough list of what's in the forthcoming update (update 3):
- Faster / more efficient graphics engine (note we use a custom graphics engine developed specifically for the game).
- Particle effects engine (particles can go in the environment like smoke from chimeys or splashes from waterfalls, on players, on weapons to make them glow or have flames on them, for spell effects, on enemies etc)
- New redone Lir's reach and Farcrag castle - both zones recreated with better graphics
- New quests of all sorts, and new starter quest chain with better plot, more progression, and more variety of tasks
- New enemies of all sorts, including huge dragons.
- Pvp arena zone, which is linked from Farcrag castle via a tunnel - this is team based so everyone outside of your group is hostile, within your group you can heal and buff each other.
- New high level area which is the Otherworld from Celtic Mythology - accessed from a magical portal behind where Falgren spawns in Stonevale (level range will be around 80-130). It's a large zone about the size of Lir's reach.
- 1v1 Duels - players can challenge other players to duels. There are pvp titles and rankings.
- Massive overhaul and upgrade of items in the game (this was the biggest job of the update). Items can now have things like level restrictions, they can add stats, also they can 'proc' certain effects, as well as add a clickable effects, they can also add to your abilities or spell power etc etc.
- New inventory section for jewlery with 4 ring slots, 1 neck, 1 misc, 2 bracelets.
- Fashion inventory section with head, legs, torso, feet, hands slots so you can equip fashion clothes without losing stats from your armour.
- New types of enemy AI and boss battle mechanics.
- A bank accessed via a banker in Farcrag Castle (character specific rather than shared).
- New clan rankings (recruit and general) and longer clan message which generals can post to, signed by the poster. the clan ranks go: Chieftain -> General -> Guardian -> Member -> Recruit.
- Tons of new skills for all classes, enhanced ways in which skills can work, including some accessed via quests or enemy drops rather than buying them.
- New abilities from trainers that you have to find and persuade to train you up.
- Maybe more skill slots (we are looking into the best way to add them right now, maybe a left/right button to switch between visible slots, or a scrolling mechanic)
- Password reset and change feature within the app.
- Support feature within the app which connects the app directly to a support system we have built - it means we can handle support much more quickly and not have to go via email)
There is tons more stuff I can't think of but I'll post when I think of some more. There are additional features that MAY make the update but maybe not depending on time, we need to cut off at some point and test/release.
What's in update 4 and 5:
Non combat activities (fishing, cards games in tavern etc)
Crafting (resource gathering, creating things via blacksmithing, woodcrafting etc).
Pets (costmetic and functional)
Mounts (a variety of types of mounts customisable with their own inventory page).
Marketplace for putting up items to sell to other players.
More graphical improvements.
A bunch of new dungeons.
Access to new areas via boats.
Obviously lots of new enemies and things like that.
Lots of other stuff I can't think of right now..
Also as a side note we are hiring more team members and planning to ramp up the speed/quality/quantity of updates. The whole company is now focussed completely on Celtic Heroes and we plan to improve it hugely over the course of 2012. The current plan is to keep doing our own thing, try and make the game as good as we can and not look to try and compete with or copy other games. We are going to make mistakes and do silly things once in a while but the main thing is to keep focussing on expanding and improving the game and we will get there eventually!
Hope that helps a bit, this is just off the top of my head rather than an exhausting list.
The things admin mentioned to take place in "update 4/5" are still great ideas that need to be pursued OTM! Much of these are golden ideas and perfect for players but have been long forgotten