Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

New Heroes Landing - what do you think

Heroes Landing was changed as it is a vital piece of content everyone in the game sees at one point or another. It is the first zone in the game it is what makes you continue a character instead of loading up, closing and uninstalling.
Is it really? I spent all of 2 minutes on it in beta. I spent more time on that area in 2011 when i first started. I got to do a couple of quests to kill wolves and gather beastbone totems. In the last starting quest update, it was changed so you one-hit one Pict and then off you go. The real vital piece is what happens in Lir's Reach and onwards.

I don't think you'd want players who make a judgement call how good a game is at Heroes Landing. They'll never stay if they already have reservations at that point. Even if they continued on to level 30-40, they'll quit. Basically you're trying to bait players into thinking you have an engaging product. It's false advertising, and a bait-and-hook-switch, I think that's immoral and unethical.

What you need to do is keep players occupied with quests and interesting stuff to kill on demand (since it's a mobile game that can be played anywhere for minutes at a time) from level 70 to 220. That's what will make players keep playing. Not a fancy useless starting zone.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: New Heroes Landing - what do you think

From what I've seen it does look good. But so do a lot of useless things,

I sincerely hope the devs did not spend long on it when their time could have been better spent elsewhere.

I see what the devs are trying to accomplish by making it more attractive for new players, but they will soon enough quit when they have to wait between every single kill whilst their hp and energy regenerate. A void feeling that the devs do not know of.

EDIT: what makes you continue a character has nothing to do with what the area looks like. Somebody would resume a character due to the feeling of accomplishment, not the feeling of looking at things that look pretty.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

I totally forgot to mention that, thanks Elrsoth. The health/energy regen of this game is abysmal compared to other games. No new player immediately buys hp and energy potions/lixes and nobody buys gold to get regen lux.
That is one of the more vital issues facing players and make them lose interest, a premonition of things to come.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Yes elsroth i agree. The part about the hp/energy regen especially. Before i bought plat in this game. I'm certain that most people who just level without lixs, and do the quests, wouldnt earn their first 100k until around lvl 85. and thats barely enough for low grade lux.

Heroes landing does look nice, but nothing resembles the artwork and design of heroes landing except that place.

First impressions are important. However if i download a mmo, its usually after i have checked out the community on the forums and maybe a video on it, along with reviews. After that i usually reserve at least 30 minutes to play the game before i stop playing, and by then i judge my impression based on my experience in that 30-40 minutes rather than the first 2 minutes.

overall the artwork in heroes landing is nice, would be really nice to see some of that artwork and detail spread to other areas as well in time, and hopefully after some of the more major issues are addressed.
Fingal:
  • Onida - Ranger - 226
  • Doopliss - Warrior - 200

I totally forgot to mention that, thanks Elrsoth. The health/energy regen of this game is abysmal compared to other games. No new player immediately buys hp and energy potions/lixes and nobody buys gold to get regen lux.
That is one of the more vital issues facing players and make them lose interest, a premonition of things to come.
YESSS!!!!! I cant imagine being a warrior with 5k health and having barely any regens and having to wait like 5 min just to get full health and then 10 secs later its already halfway down and waiting another 5 min.

I think its pointless, I tried to raise that to Muldar and what I got is that according to the data it has changed the game for good. Does any player here really feel he had any interest in that leystone back then? I spent such little time in there, like 10 mins on all my toons combined.

What I got is the thread locked, I like that we have someone like Muldar to do this job, but it cant go on with him locking every important thread.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex