Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Gold worth

#1
So I'm sure mostly everybody knows that in the real world, if there becomes too much of a currency, its worth drops. I was wondering if that could happen in CH. We do get infinite money from killing mobs so you can't consider it impossible. I know that new update items are bought from the shop which means the money disappears but it should be possible for it to happen. What do you guys think? Can this happen where gold becomes of little worth? If so, what do you think will be the reaction to this and its side effects?
Image


Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

Re: Gold worth

#2
No, gold will never be at that point, perhaps Plat one day if the servers are filled with limitless plat items,
And Drops, since you know everything respawns...

Items will loose their weight in gold, and that leads to gold will not be needed that much anymore but the worth stays same 8-)

Aloah!
CouchPotato 223 Rogue, Belenus

If you can't devide us, you can't conquer us.

Re: Gold worth

#3
Every MMO has inflation which reduces the value of gold. 4 years ago, 250k would get you plenty of items, these days, you cant even buy one piece of decent lux, so it has already happened and been happening since.

Gold sinks combat inflation, and slows it down, thats why we have lux items and mounts and now pets to take gold out of the system. Even so, there arent enough gold sinks and pretty soon we will see 2.5 million gold mounts and 2 million gold lux items.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Gold worth

#4
When carrow first came out we had all saved like 1mil each and that was plenty to lux out a lvl 150 nicely. Now it won't buy you one lux event ammy
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

Re: Gold worth

#5
Introvert wrote:No, gold will never be at that point, perhaps Plat one day if the servers are filled with limitless plat items,
And Drops, since you know everything respawns...

Items will loose their weight in gold, and that leads to gold will not be needed that much anymore but the worth stays same 8-)

Aloah!

there's so much gold on gwydion everything has inflated and gold is not worth as much as it used to be, so yes it can be at that point and already is on my server. example: reaper rings used to sell for 2m 8 months ago, they now sell for 10m. this is happening to items that aren't very old as well so you can't tell me that's just because reaper rings are rare, another example would be hastes were 2k 8 months ago now the normal price is 4K and rising
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Image

Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

Re: Gold worth

#6
One issue is that, while gold worth fluctuates between players, gold drops and store prices (in existing stores) remain constant. This means that the only thing OTM can do is keep making new items more and more expensive. The reaction, therefore, is to demand higher gold drops and rewards, and to farm for longer in order to keep up with prices.

What might be better is reducing item costs in parallel with gold drops, and add a lag period for gold sink prices. Once value starts decreasing, then decrease gold sinks accordingly, to maintain worth.

Realistically ,it probably won't be popular to do that: I can imagine people complaining that the gold sinks (lux etc.) cost too much, and OTM suddenly reducing gold drops would just exacerbate the problem. In the short term, true. In the long term, it may help. Not that I can predict that it'll be successful in the first place - I'm just rambling on my thought process ;) .
Image


Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff | Have I Moderated Unfairly? Any Questions?

Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Re: Gold worth

#7
Aileron wrote:Every MMO has inflation which reduces the value of gold. 4 years ago, 250k would get you plenty of items, these days, you cant even buy one piece of decent lux, so it has already happened and been happening since.

Gold sinks combat inflation, and slows it down, thats why we have lux items and mounts and now pets to take gold out of the system. Even so, there arent enough gold sinks and pretty soon we will see 2.5 million gold mounts and 2 million gold lux items.

+1 Since chests were introduced, the amount of gold in the world and prices have shot up. I stopped buying mounts because they cost 10m+ from private sellers. Fashion is just as bad.
Image

Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Re: Gold worth

#8
Bitey wrote:
Aileron wrote:Every MMO has inflation which reduces the value of gold. 4 years ago, 250k would get you plenty of items, these days, you cant even buy one piece of decent lux, so it has already happened and been happening since.

Gold sinks combat inflation, and slows it down, thats why we have lux items and mounts and now pets to take gold out of the system. Even so, there arent enough gold sinks and pretty soon we will see 2.5 million gold mounts and 2 million gold lux items.

+1 Since chests were introduced, the amount of gold in the world and prices have shot up. I stopped buying mounts because they cost 10m+ from private sellers. Fashion is just as bad.


Bitey says it :twisted:
CouchPotato 223 Rogue, Belenus

If you can't devide us, you can't conquer us.

Re: Gold worth

#9
Introvert wrote:No, gold will never be at that point, perhaps Plat one day if the servers are filled with limitless plat items,
And Drops, since you know everything respawns...

Items will loose their weight in gold, and that leads to gold will not be needed that much anymore but the worth stays same 8-)

Aloah!


the limitless plat situation happened a little while ago on Sulis. There were so many xps on the market it was almost impossible to sell them, it wasn't unusual to see some go for 2k each. I barely sold 200 xps 3k each after selling for about two weeks. The price is normal again since they were used up but that period was insane.
Image


Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests